Patna University BEd Entrance Exam 2016
The Patna University holds an entrance test for admission to the Bachelor of Education ( B.Ed. ) Program. The test is called Bachelor of Education Entrance Test ( BEET ).
Candidates for admission to the B.Ed. Program of Patna Training College ( for men ) and Women’s Training College ( for women ) will be selected on the basis of BEET 2016 – 17.
Patna University BEET Eligibility 2016
1. Bachelor’s degree and / or Master’s Degree in Science / Social Science / Humanity / Commerce with at least 50% marks.
2. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks.
4. It is essential that the applicant should have studied at least two of the following school subjects at graduation level / post graduation level :
(i)English (ii) Hindi (iii) Sanskrit (iv) Urdu (v) Persian (vi) Arabic (vii) History (viii) Civics/Political Science (ix) Geography (x) Economics (xi) Home Science (xii) Physical Science (xiii) Biological Science (xiv) Mathematics (xv) Commerce (xvi) Computer Science
5. An applicant appearing at the qualifying examination, as mentioned above, may also appearing at the entrance test. He / She will have to produce the result of the qualifying examination along with the above mentioned criteria to the Controller of Examinations, Patna University, at least 7 days before the date of publication of entrance test result. If a candidate fails to do so, his / her candidature will automatically stand cancelled.
6. The applicant is not allowed to take admission in any other course simultaneously with the BEd course.
Patna University BEd Exam Pattern 2016
Panjab University entrance test for admission to one year B.Ed. Course for the session 2016 – 18 will be conducted by the University. A list of successful candidates who qualify this test will be prepared in order of merit and the College will admit candidates on the basis of the merit list provided by the University.
Structure of the BEET Entrance Test 2016
|Part||Section||Subject on which questions will be asked||No. of Ques||Marks|
|Part – A||Section – I||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section – II||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section – III||Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section – IV||Environment of Teaching Learning in School||25||25|
|Part – B||Section – V||Subject Awareness( One to be chosen from the following subject / faculties )||20||20|
(i) All the questions of Part – A and Part – B are compulsory.
(ii) Questions will be of objective multiple choice type.
(iii) Merit list shall be prepared on the basis of the total scores ( Part – A & Part – B ) obtained by the candidate in the Entrance Test.
(iv) In case o f a tie arising out of equal scores obtained by two or more than two candidates, their merit shall be determined in the following order :
- Marks obtained in B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. Hons, or equivalent examination.
- Marks obtained in Intermediate or equivalent examination.
- Marks obtained in Matriculation or equivalent examination.
- Senior by age.
1. The questions in Part-B will be based on the school curriculum upto the level of Class – XII as prescribed by Bihar School Examination Board, Patna / Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi / Indian Council for Secondary Education, New Delhi or equivalent examining bodies.
2. Candidates will have to choose only one subject from any of the faculties mentioned in Part – B ( Section – V ) of the Entrance Test.
3. All the test questions will be given in a composite test booklet-cum-answer sheet. The answers to the questions asked in Part – A and Part-B should be given by selecting the correct choice of objective type multiple choice questions.
Patna University BEET 2016 Seats
Seats available for BEET admission
- Patna Training College – 100
- Women’s Training College – 100
Reservation & Related Information
- SC / ST / EBC ( BC – I ) / BC ( BC – II ) / BCW and physically challenged ( handicapped ) candidates will get reservation as per the prevalent norms of the Government, of Bihar.
- SC, ST, BC – I, BC – II candidates will have to enclose caste certificates issued by a competent authority ( CO / SDO / DM ).
- Physically challenged candidates should enclose a certificate from a Civil Surgeon or any other medical officer of the rank higher than the Civil Surgeon.
- Visually challenged ( blind ) candidates will be allowed a writer, whose qualification will be decided by the university. They should obtain prior permission from the Controller of Examinations, Patna University in this regard, 10 days before the commencement of the entrance test and obtain a written permission.
BEET 2016 Test Fees
- For General and OBC candidates – 1,500/-
- For SC / ST candidates – 1300/-
BEET Entrance Test fees should be paid online through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net banking / Bank Challan at the time of filling online application form.
Patna University BEET Application Form 2016
The prospectus giving detailed information about admission is available for male and female candidates on the website of Patna Training College www.ptcpu.org and Women’s Training College www.wtcpu.org.in respectively. The candidate is advised to read the prospectus carefully before filling the online application form at Patna University Website www.patnauniversity.ac.in.
Patna University BEET Admit Card 2016
Admit Card for B.Ed. Entrance Test 2016 can be downloaded by the applicants form the website of Patna University www.patnauniversity.ac.in . The applicant will carry downloaded admit card along with one more photocopy / Xerox copy of it on which his / her recent passport size colour photograph ( same as uploaded online ) will be pasted in the given blank space for it to the examination hall.
Patna University BEd 2016 Important Dates
|1||Date of Commencement to apply for BEET – 2016 Online||18th June, 2016|
|2||Last Date of Applying BEET – 2016 Online||4th July, 2016|
|3||Downloading of BEET 2016 Admit Card||8th July, 2016 onwards|
|4||Date of Entrance Test||13th July, 2016|
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
|5||Declaration of BEET Result / Score||20th July, 2016|
|6||Admission List / Admission||25th July, 2016|
Patna – 800 005.
Website : www.patnauniversity.ac.in