Important : Punjab University B.Ed Admission will be based on Common Entrance Test ( CET )
Punjab University Admission 2019
Punjab University invites application from Candidates for the admission of B.Ed program for the academic year 2019
Punjab University B.Ed Admission Eligibility Criteria 2019
- A person who possesses the following qualifications shall be eligible to join the course:
- Candidates with at least 50% Marks either in Bachelor’s degree and / or in the Master’s degree in Science / Social Sciences / Humanities / Commerce / Home Science / B.B.A / B.C.A / B.A.LL.B / B.Com.LL.B, or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. However, while calculating merit, marks obtained in Graduation only will be considered. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC / BC candidates. Candidate with less than 45% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
- Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in science and mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme. However, while calculating merit, marks obtained in Graduation only will be considered. There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favour of SC / BC candidates. Candidate with less than 50% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
- The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks in favour of the reserved categories shall be as per rules of the Govt. of Punjab.
- Provided that such minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a candidate to get admission in an institution but only entitle the candidate concerned to fulfill other institutional criteria notified by the institution concerned or by the Government concerned from time to time to apply for admission. Online admission will be offered to only those candidates who will qualify the Common Entrance Test and provide the options for colleges along with subject combination.
- Candidate must have studied the major subject of the subject combination for at least two years at Bachelor’s level / Master’s level. Honors students shall opt for major subject in which they have obtained Honors, the minor subject should have been studied at least for one year.
- Candidates who have appeared for qualifying examination and whose results have not been declared may be provisionally allowed to apply for Common Entrance Test at their own risk and responsibility but they shall become eligible for counseling only after they have produced the evidence of having satisfied the above said conditions on the date of counselling.
- Result late ( RL ) / Re-evaluation / Compartment cases, if their results are declared before final counseling, shall be considered subject to availability of seats only.
Punjab University B.Ed Seats 2019
Division of seats
- 85% seats will be reserved for the Candidates from within the State of Punjab and 15% seats will be open to candidates of other States / U.Ts on the basis of merit of CET prepared on all India basis excluding Punjab. The eligibility criteria for 85% seats will be that the candidate must be a resident of Punjab State in terms of the Punjab Government, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms ( PP-11 Br. ) letter No. 1 / 3 / 95-3PP11 / 96 19, dated the 6th June, 1996 and letter No. 1/3/95-3PP-11 / 80, dated 1st January, 1999.
- If sufficient number of candidates belonging to reserved categories is not available, the vacant seats will be offered to candidates in the open category. Likewise, if seats under 85% state category remain vacant, these would be transferred to 15% all India category and vice-versa. Further, if suitable candidates are not available in any one of the subcategories of reserved categories, the seats so available will be filled up by the candidates from the other sub categories and if they are not available in any sub- category, then seats shall be filled up from general / open category candidates.
- Seats up to 70% of sanctioned intake at Malwa Central College of Education for Women, Ludhiana shall be reserved for rural women candidates who are bonafide residents of the State of Punjab.
Reservation of seats
|S.No.||Category||% age of seats
to be reserved
|3||Border Areas / Backward Area (2 %each)||4%|
|5||Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighters||1%|
|6||Persons with Disabilities||3%|
|7||a) Wards / widows of defense personnel killed or disabled to the extent of 50% or more in action; Wards of gallantry awardees of serving defence personnel/ex-servicemen|
b) Wards of ex servicemen / serving personnel.
|8||a) Wards / widows of para-military forces personnel Punjab Police, PAP and Punjab Home Guards killed or disabled in action to the extent of 50% or more. ( 1% )|
b) wards of Para-military forces personnel / ex-paramilitary forces personnel and Punjab Police / PAP / Punjab Home guards personnel decorated with Gallantry Medals. ( 1% )
|9||November, 1984 riots affected displaced persons, children of the Army deserters killed, 100% Physically disabled; children of the families of persons killed as a result of terrorist violence or by security forces acting in aid of civil authorities and the children of innocent civilians who have sustained 100% disability in terrorist violence or during operation by security forces action in aid of civil authorities.||2%|
|10||Widows / Divorced Women.||2%|
|11||Ex-Servicemen / Women||1%|
|12||Wards / Children of all ex-servicemen settlers of Cambell Bay Island of Andaman and Nicobar Only.||1%|
|13||Wards of Kashmiri displaced persons ( Reservation of at least one seat in merit quota of technical / professional institutions )||Additional 1seat ( Nonconvertible )
Punjab University B.Ed Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- Paper shall consist of 150 multiple choice questions and be of a total of 150 marks.
|Part||Paper||Marks||No. of Questions|
|A||General Awareness Test||30 Marks||30|
|B||Teaching Potential||30 Marks||30|
|C||General Mental Ability Test||30 Marks||30|
|D||English: Compulsory for all Candidates||30 Marks||30|
|E||Punjabi: Compulsory for all those Candidates who have studied Punjabi in Matriculation|
Hindi: Compulsory for all those Candidates who have not studied Punjabi in Matriculation
|30 Marks||30 of Punjabi & 30 of Hindi|
Punjab University B.Ed Admission Application Form 2019
- Punjab University B.Ed admission application form will be available at website : www.punjabbed.puchd.ac.in.
- Application registration fee for General Category 2200/- and for SC / ST / PwD 1100/-
- Following documents are to be submitted at the time of admission:
- Rank of candidate as per Common Entrance Test notified by the Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Detail Marks Card of Matric ( 10th )
- Detail Marks Cards & Degrees of all Examinations.
- Character Certificate ( from the Institute last attended )
- Residence / Domicile Certificate.
- Reservation Category Certificate, if any.
- Rural Area Claim ( Certified by Dist. Education Officer ), if any.
- Affidavit regarding gap year ( if any ) as per university norms
- Any other relevant Certificate.
Punjab University B.Ed Admission Selection Procedure 2019
- Admissions shall be made on the basis of the relative merit of the candidates in the Common Entrance Test, subject to the availability of seats in a particular subject combination and as per reservation policy of Government of Punjab.
- When two or more candidates have secured equal marks in the Common Entrance Test their inter-se merit for admission will be decided on the following criteria:
- Candidate with higher percentage of marks in qualifying degree.
- Candidate older in age shall rank higher in the order of merit.
Punjab University B.Ed Admission Syllabus 2019
Part A : General Awareness Test: 30 Marks
Questions will be related to various dimensions of General Awareness such as:
- Social Science
- Art and Culture
- Sports and Games
- Current Events ( Political, Social & Economic )
- Government Policy of Education
Part B : Teaching Potential: 30 Marks
Questions will be related to various dimensions of Teaching Potential such as:
- Knowledge of Teaching Learning Process of Educational System including non-formal and distance education.
- Audio-Visual Aids and Mass Media etc.
- Values as enshrined in the Constitution of lndia
- General Awareness of National Level Educational agencies and organization of Social, Political, Economic and Cultural Agendas.
- Aptitude for Teaching Profession; Teacher’s personal characteristics and their adjustments.
- Classroom problems of learners and their solutions.
- Adjustment problems of human relations with students, colleges and administration.
- Examination, evaluation and assessment.
- Library Usage.
- School and Society.
Part C : General Mental Ability Test : 30 Marks
Questions will be designed to test reasoning with Numbers, Words and Figures involving:
- Number Series
- Synonyms or opposites
- Code, De-code
- Seeing Relations
- Deductive and Inductive Reasoning
- Interpretation of Graphs & Figures
- Evaluation and Inference
- Blood Relations.
Part D :English: 30 Marks
In the language papers, questions will be related to:
- Idioms and Vocabulary
- Correction and Punctuation
- Written Comprehension
Part-E: Punjabi or Hindi: 30 Marks
Those candidates who have studied Punjabi in matriculation will appear in Punjabi. Others who have not studied Punjabi in Matriculation shall have to appear in Hindi. In each of these language papers, questions will be related to:
- Idioms and Vocabulary
- Correction and Punctuation
- Written Comprehension
Punjab University B.Ed Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||B.Ed CET Application Dates||July, 2019|
|2||Exam Date of Punjab B.Ed CET 2019||August, 2019|
Coordinator Joint B.Ed. Admissions (Punjab)
Room No.13, 1st Floor,
Department of Education,
Phone : +91 6239802698
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.punjabbed.puchd.ac.in.