Rajasthan Technical University invites application for admission to PhD ( Full Time / Part Time ) Programs in various Engineering / MBA / MCA Departments of University College of Engineering and the recognized research centers of RTU Kota. RTU conducts Doctoral Admission Test ( RTUDAT ) for the academic year 2017 – 2018.
RTU PhD 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility for Full time Research Scholar :
- A candidate possessing the qualifications in appropriate areas and fulfilling the eligibility criteria as prescribed below, shall be eligible for admission to PhD programme in the respective subject.
- Master’s degree in the appropriate discipline of any recognized University / Institute or equivalent, with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (of all the years / semesters ) where marks are awarded or minimum equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average ( CGPA ) as defined by AICTE / UGC or any other competent body as the case may be.
- A relaxation of 5% or equivalent grade point in the minimum eligibility shall be applicable to the applicant belonging to the categories of SC / ST / OBC ( Non Creamy Layer ) and Differently abled persons or categories decided by UGC or those who had obtained their Masters Degree prior to 19th September,1991.The eligibility marks of 55% ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks procedure.
- Candidates who have cleared the M.Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale ( or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed ) and successfully completing M.Phil. degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the PhD Degree in the same Institution in an integrated program. A relaxation of 5% or equivalent grade point in the minimum eligibility shall be allowed to the applicant belonging to the categories of SC / ST / OBC ( Non Creamy Layer ) and Differently abled persons or categories decided by UGC.
- A person whose M. Phil. Dissertation has been evaluated and viva voce is pending may be admitted to the PhD programme of the same institute, where ever applicable.
- Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to PhD programme.
- Candidates for full time research programme shall preferably be permitted having sponsorship / assistantship / fellowship / any financial support from university / state or national level agency, etc., however, candidates without any financial support as above, shall not be disqualified to take admission to full time PhD programme.
- Candidate are required to fill form Form 1 (a) and Form 1 (b) as per his / her applicability
Eligibility for Part-time Research Scholar :
In addition to the educational qualifications mentioned at 4.1(1) and (2) the applicant shall prove the following to the satisfaction of the DRC ( Departmental Research Committee ) :
- Permission of the employer in writing to the candidate, to pursue Ph D program me along with his / her regular duties in the organization he / she is employed.
- Availability of all facilities for pursuing research at the candidate’s parent organization / place of work, in the chosen field of research.
- Certificate issued by the employer to allow him / her to fulfill the residential requirement during course work and contact days with supervisor after completion of the course work as notified by University from time to time.
- In addition to the above the local applicant ( working and residing within 50 KM radius from the university / research center where he/she is seeking admission ) may be relieved from the residential requirement during course work. However, to avail this benefit, applicant must submit a certificate from the employer that he / she shall be allowed to attend the classes of the course work and complete other requirements of Degree while discharging the normal official duties. (Form 2 (d))
- Candidate are required to fill form Form 2 (a) , Form 2 (b) and form 2(c)as per his / her applicability
RTU DAT 2017 Admission Procedure
- In all Ph.D. programs the admission shall be granted as per Rajasthan Technical University ordinance and regulations for degree of Doctor of Philosophy and the subsequent modifications thereof. The RTUDAT 2017 shall be conducted at premise of RTU, Kota only.
- List of the applicants eligible for RTU DAT examination will be displayed only on the RTU website and no individual communication will be made. The applicants are advised to regularly visit the RTU website for the schedule of RTU DAT examination and other relevant information.
- The written examination for RTU-DAT shall consist of 100 multiple choice questions of two & half hour duration in which set of 50 questions will be based on Research Methodology and another set of 50 questions for Specialization paper. Candidates are required to fill answer on OMR sheet pattern. The syllabus for Research Methodology and Specialization paper are available on the RTU web site.
- The result of written test of the qualified candidates will be displayed on RTU-DAT 2017 website. All the qualified applicants of RTU-DAT examination shall be invited forinterview on the notified date. No separate communication in this regard shall be sent to the individual candidate.
- On a notified date the DRC shall interview the invited applicants in the order of merit of RTU-DAT. The DRC shall judge the suitability of the applicant for admission on the basis of applicant’s research aptitude, knowledge of the subject, clear understanding of the proposed research problem, suitability of proposed research methodology, research facilities available and availability of the research supervisor in the proposed research area etc
- The applicant shall be allotted the supervisor(s) on the basis of area of interest of supervisor, interest area of the applicant and mutual consent of the both. University reserves the right not to fill all the vacant seats in the absence of suitable applicants as decided by the DRC. Merely qualifying the RTU-DAT examination does not entitle the applicant for admission to PhD programme.
- The reservation in Ph.D. programme shall be as per the Rajasthan State Government Reservation Policy. Applicants desirous of taking admission in OBC / SBC category should have certificate of non creamy layer issued on or after 01.06.2017.
- If any Scholarship / assistantship is available, it will be provided to a full time (FT.1) Ph.D. applicant as per the prevailing RTU norms at the time of admission. Details of University/Institute fellowship is given in Annexure-1. Applicants of FT.1 category are advised to refer to the Annexure-1 before exercising his / her choice.
- TA/DA will not be paid to the applicants for appearing in written test / interview. Stay arrangement will not be provide by university for appearing in the examination / interview.
- University shall have right to run or not to run the Ph.D. programme in any specialization.
- The applicant having any grievance against the question paper may submit the same in writing to the convener, RTU DAT-2017, within one day of the conduct of that examination
How to Apply for RTU DAT 2017
- The applicants can apply online through the RTUDAT 2017 website by accessing link http://www.rtu.ac.in/RTU/dat. and can pay the application fee of 2000/- ( non refundable ) online. The hard copy of the filled form ( generated online ) along with enclosures is required to be submitted in person at the time of interview. No need to send the hard copy of the form by post.
- The eligibility of the applicant for the written test shall be decided tentatively on the basis of the information provided in the online application form. In the event of any information being found incorrect or misleading, the candidature shall be liable to cancellation by the University at any time.
- If an applicant wishes to apply for more than one department / center, he / she shall have to submit separate application form along with the fee.
RTU PhD 2017 Important Dates
|1||Advertisement for notification||11th June, 2017|
|2||Commencement of online application form filling||27th June, 2017|
|3||Last date of online application||21st July, 2017|
|4||Display of list of eligible candidates||25th July, 2017|
|5||Written test (RTUDAT2017)||29th July, 2017 to 30th July, 2017|
|6||Declaration of written test result||03rd August, 2017|
|7||Document verification and interview of the qualified |
candidates in written test
|05th August, 2017|
|8||Declaration of selected candidates for PhD admission||12th August, 2017|
|9||Reporting of candidates to the allotted centre||17th August, 2017 to 19th August, 2017|
Rajasthan Technical University,
Rawatbhata Road, Kota – 324 010,
Telephone No. : 0744 – 2473861,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.rtu.ac.in.