SRU Entrance Exam 2015
( Declared under Section 3 of the UGC act 1956 ), Accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ Grade.
Sri Ramachandra University
Porur, Chennai – 600 116,
Phone No. : 044 – 24765512 / 24765625,
Fax : 044 – 24767008 / 24765995,
Website : www.sriramachandra.edu.in.
Sri Ramachandra University invites applications from eligible candidates for admission process commenced through the notification for admission to the D.M. / M.Ch. Courses for the academic session 2015 – 16.
SRU 2015 Entrance Exam Date
|Sr. No.||Activity||First Date||Last Date|
|1.||Online registration for MAH MCA CET 2016 through computer connected to Internet on the website http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in for Maharashtra State / OMS / J&K candidates||March, 2016||March, 2016 upto 5.00 PM|
|2.||Late registration for MAH MCA CET 2016 on the website http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in||March, 2016|
|3.||Issue of Hall Ticket through candidates login of successfully registered candidates||March, 2016 onwards|
|4.||Date of the Online MAH MCA CET 2016||27th March, 2016|
|5.||Declaration of the result of the MAH MCA CET 2016 on the website http://www.dtemaharashtra.gov.in||April, 2016|
Sri Ramachandra University Courses Offered with Intake and Tuition Fees
|3.||Computer Science & Engineering||24|
|5.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||6|
|8.||Mechanical Engg. With specialisation in Mechatronics||6|
|9.||Mechanical Engg. With specialisation in Automobiles||6|
SRU 2015 Course Duration
The duration of all the above Higher Speciality courses is 3 ( three ) academic years.
SRU 2015 Exam Centres
The candidates have to appear for the Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Examination at the following address at their own expenses.
Sri Ramachandra University,
Porur, Chennai – 600 116.
Filling SRU 2015 Application Form and Attaching Certificates
- Sri Ramachandra University Application form should be filled in carefully and legibly by the candidate in his / her own handwriting.
- The application form is available only in the University website and it can be downloaded and submitted with a demand draft for 500/- ( Rupees five hundred only ) drawn in favour of “Sri Ramachandra University” payable at Chennai towards the application and examination fee. The downloaded application duly filled in should be sent with all enclosures in a A4 size envelope without folding.
- Please write the name of the Group applied for, in the front page of the application form.
- Application will be rejected summarily, if incomplete or sent without enclosing the relevant certificates and demand draft.
- Admission is subject to fulfillment of all the prescribed eligibility conditions by the candidate. If it is found, either at the time of admission or at a later stage, that the candidate has given false information / Certificate or concealed material information, his / her selection shall be cancelled and the student shall be dismissed from the college immediately.
- The University reserves the right to change the curriculum, course structure and the rules relating to admission, examinations, fee structure, refunds, etc.
- All disputes arising in the interpretation and implementation of the provisions contained in this prospectus will be referred to the Vice – Chancellor of the University and Vice – Chancellor‟s decision shall be final and binding.
- In respect of matters relating to, or arising out of this prospectus, the jurisdiction shall lie in Chennai alone.
- Certificates to be enclosed : Attested photocopies of the following certificates should be enclosed with Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Examination Application Form :
- MBBS and PG Degree Course Mark Statements of First year to Final year;
- Attempt Certificate ( First year to Final year of MBBS and PG Degree );
- MBBS and PG Degree Provisional Pass Certificates or Degree Certificates;
- Internship Certificate for MBBS;
- State Medical Council‟s Permanent Registration Certificate for MBBS and PG Degree;
- Transfer Certificate / Migration Certificate; and
- Conduct Certificate issued by the Head of the Institution last studied.
Note : All candidates should submit only attested copies of certificates mentioned above without fail.
SRU 2015 Last Date of Application Form
- Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Examination Application Form duly filled in and securely fastened with the above mentioned enclosures may be submitted in person or sent by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to reach the following address on or before 10th June, 2015 ( Wednesday ) by 5.00 pm
Sri Ramachandra University, Porur,
Chennai – 600 116
- The candidate should submit the application form without folding it in a A4 size envelope.
- SRU Medical Application Form, if any, delivered after 5.00 P.M. on 10th June, 2015 ( Wednesday ) due to any reason, will be rejected summarily.
- The candidates are advised to send the applications well in advance to avoid any delay in transit.
- The University shall not be liable for any postal delay or loss in transit.
SRU 2015 Hall Ticket
- Hall Ticket for the All India Entrance Examination will be issued only to the eligible candidates and despatched to reach the candidates on or before 18.06.2015 (Thursday). If any candidate does not receive the Hall Ticket as on 19.06.2015 (Friday), he/she should contact the office of the Registrar of University over phone (044-2476 5512 or 2476 5625) or report by fax (044-2476 5995 or 2476 7008) immediately. For such candidates, duplicate Hall Ticket will be issued on the previous day of the Entrance Examination (i.e. on 20.06.2015). The candidate should bring a copy of the identical passport size photograph already pasted on the Hall Ticket and a proper ID proof.
- Hall Ticket must be Produced by the candidates at the Entrance Examination Centre without fail. No Candidate will be allowed to write the Entrance Examination without the Hall Ticket.
- Mere acceptance of a person as a candidate for writing the Entrance Examination shall not confer on him / her any right / eligibility for admission to the course. The name of the candidate who does not satisfy the prescribed eligibility criteria shall not be considered for admission.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers or any prohibited materials such as calculators, mobile phones, paging devices or any other object / device that is likely to be of unfair assistance inside the examination hall.
- The candidates need not bring ball point pen. This will be provided to them at the examination centres.
- No candidate will be allowed to go outside the examination hall till completion of the first one hour duration.
- Candidates shall maintain perfect silence and attend to their papers only. Any conversation or gesticulation or disturbance in the examination hall will be deemed as misbehaviour. If any candidate is found to be misbehaving or using unfair means or resorting to impersonation, his / her candidature will be cancelled and he / she will be liable to be debarred from taking any Entrance Examination of the University.
- All candidates appearing for the All India Entrance Examination shall be required to sign an attendance register with left hand thumb impression to authenticate their presence.
- The OMR answer sheet of the candidate should be handed over to the Hall Superintendent along with the question booklet. If any candidate fails to do so, his / her candidature shall be cancelled.
SRU 2015 Exam Pattern
Higher Speciality D.M. Neurology Degree Courses : The Entrance Examination will consist of 180 multiple choice questions ( single best response ) covering important aspects of the syllabi prescribed for M.D. General Medicine / M.D. Paediatrics or its equivalent recognised degree.
Higher Speciality M.Ch. Degree Courses : The Entrance Examination will consist of 180 multiple choice questions ( single best response ) covering important aspects of the syllabi prescribed for M.S. General Surgery or its equivalent recognised degree.
SRU 2015 Mode of Selection
- Selection will be made on the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the Entrance Examination. Intimation letters will be sent to the candidates provisionally selected for admission in the order of merit and branch allotment will be made through counselling.
- Candidates must also have secured not less than 50% marks ( in case of SC / ST & OBC 40% ) in the Entrance Examination as per MCI norms.
- In the case of candidates who secure same marks in the Entrance Examination, selection will be made based on their academic performance in the qualifying examination prescribed for admission. ( i.e. percentage of total marks secured in First to Final year MD / MS Degree Examination)
- In order to facilitate the above ranking process, candidates should submit their copy of first year to final year qualifying examinations mark statement failing which they will lose rank position in the rank list as indicated in sub clause above.
- Results will be published in the University notice board and also in the University Website www.sriramachandra.edu.in