Sri Ramachandra University Entrance ExamExams Date »
Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam 2019
Sri Ramachandra University invites admission application for Entrance Examination ( April Session ) leading to admission in PhD programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
SRU University PhD Courses Offered 2019
The University provides the Ph.D. programme under the following departments :
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Physiotherapy
- Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- Faculty of Biomedical Sciences
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Public Health
Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam Eligibility 2019
Ph.D. Programme ( Medicine )
The Candidate must possess any one of the following educational qualifications, awarded by this University or of any other University or any other qualification recognized by this University as equivalent thereto :
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine ( D.M. )
- Degree of Master of Chirurgic ( M.Ch. )
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine ( M.D. )
- Degree of Master of Surgery ( M.S. )
- Postgraduate Diploma in the Faculty of Medicine
- Diploma of National Board of Examinations of India
Ph.D. Programme ( Non – Medicine )
The Candidate must possess any one of the following educational qualifications, awarded by this University or of any other recognized University or any other qualification recognized by this University as equivalent thereto :
- Degree of Master of Science in the Faculty of Medicine ( M.Sc. – Non – medical – 3 years course )
- Master’s Degree in the Faculties including Dentistry / Pharmacy / Nursing / Allied Health Sciences / Biomedical Sciences & Technology / Management / Physiotherapy
Ph.D. Programme ( Inter – disciplinary Research )
The Candidate must possess any one of the following educational qualifications awarded by this University or any other recognized University or any other qualification recognized by this University as equivalent thereto :
- Master’s Degree in Basic Sciences
- Master’s Degree or its equivalent in Engineering or Technology
- Master’s Degree in Management Sciences
Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam Pattern 2019
- The duration of the examination will be 2 ( two ) hours.
- The Entrance Examination will be conducted in ENGLISH only. The question booklet will consist of 120 multiple choice questions ( single best response ).
- The written test will have two sections, Section A & B.
- Section – A Research Methodology : Common to all disciplines will have 60 questions ( answer all questions )
- Section – B Discipline Specific : Candidates will attempt questions from one of the following :
- Medicine / Dentistry / Pharmacy / Nursing / Physiotherapy / Biomedical Sciences / Management / Allied Health Sciences / Public Health.
- The candidates will indicate the selected faculty / discipline in the application form. The Section – B will have 75 questions and the candidate may attempt any 60 questions. The first 60 questions attempted will be considered for evaluation.
- All questions carry equal marks. There will be no negative mark for wrong answer. Correct answer number must be shaded with black Ballpoint pen in the OMR Answer Sheet supplied along with the question booklet.
Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam Application Form 2019
Sri Ramachandra University PhD admission application form is available in the official website www.sriramachandra.edu.in.
How to apply
Step 1 : The Candidate can obtain the form from the University website.
Step 2 : Fill the form with the required details and attach a Demand Draft for [rupee] 1500/- in favour of “Sri Ramachandra University” payable at Porur, Chennai
Step 3 : Furnish the following information along with the form :
- Qualifications and details of previous study and research if any, and full particulars of publications ( with reprints ) to your credit in accredited journals
- Broad field of research in which you intend to pursue research
- Detailed Research Proposal ( 9 copies ) containing introduction; review of literature and lacunae in knowledge; aims and objective of the study; plan of work; materials and methods; hypothesis and anticipated outcome references;
- Questionnaire if any, duly signed by the Guide and Co – guide
- Name, Designation and full address of the guide / co – guide under whom you propose to do the research
Step 4 : Send the filled in form at the following address :
The Admission Office,
Sri Ramachandra University,
Porur, Chennai – 600116
Tamil Nadu, India
SRU University PhD Admission Exam Centres 2019
- The Entrance Exam and Interview are held at Porur, Chennai
Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam Selection Procedure 2019
- Candidates wishing to apply for admission to Ph.D. program under Full Time ( seeking Founder Chancellor Shri N.P.V. Ramasamy Udayar Fellowships ) and Part Time ( internal and external ) categories will have to qualify through entrance examination.
- Performance of the candidate will be calculated on written test ( 70% weightage ) and interview ( 30% weightage ). Interview will be conducted for each candidate after the entrance exam, the exact date and time will be intimated later.
- The qualifying marks for provisional admission to Ph.D. program is 50% in the entrance examination i.e. aggregate of marks obtained in written test and interview taken together ). However, a relaxation of 5% of marks ( from 50% to 45% ) shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( Non Creamy layers ) / Differently – abled category in the entrance examination.
Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam Syllabus 2019
Syllabus for Entrance Examination is available in the website www.sriramachandra.edu.in.
Sri Ramachandra University Entrance Exam Result 2019
Results will be published in the Deemed University website www.sriramachandra.edu.in.
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research,
No.1 Ramachandra Nagar,
Porur, Chennai – 600 116,
Tamil Nadu, India.,
Phone: 044 – 24769816,
Fax: 044 – 24765995,
Website : www.sriramachandra.edu.in.