Sri Ramachandra University ( SRU ) Entrance ExamExams Date »
Sri Ramachandra University ( SRU ) Entrance Exam 2019
SRU university invites admission application for Entrance Examinations leading to admission in PhD programs for the academic year 2019 – 2020.
SRU Admission Courses Offered 2019
Ph.D Medicine ( Full Time / Part Time )
- Ph.D in Medicine
Ph.D Non Medicine ( Full Time / Part Time )
- Ph.D in Dentistry
- Ph.D in Pharmacy
- Ph.D in Nursing
- Ph.D in Allied Health Sciences
- Ph.D in Biomedical Sciences & Technology
- Ph.D in Physiotherapy
- Ph.D in Management
SRU Admission Eligibility 2019
Ph.D Medicine ( Full Time / Part Time )
- Canditates must complete
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine ( D.M )
- Degree of Master of Chirurgie ( M.Ch )
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine ( M.D )
- Degree of Master of Surgery ( M.S )
- PG Diploma in the Faculty of Medicine
- Diplomate of National Board of Examinations of India
Ph.D in Non Medicine ( Full Time / Part Time )
- Canditates must complete Degree of Master of Science in the Faculty of Medicine ( M.Sc. – Non – medical – 3 years course ) / Master’s Degree in the Faculties including Dentistry / Pharmacy / Nursing / Allied Health Sciences / Biomedical Sciences & Technology / Physiotherapy / Management
SRU Admission Exam Pattern 2019
- Candidates wishing to apply for admission to Ph.D. program under Full Time ( seeking Founder Chancellor Shri N.P.V. Ramasamy Udayar Fellowships ) and Part Time ( internal and external ) categories will have to qualify through entrance examination
- The duration of the examination will be 2 ( two ) hours.
- The Entrance Examination will be conducted in english only. The question booklet will consist of 120 multiple choice questions ( single best response ).
- The written test will have two sections, Section A & B.
- Section – A Research Methodology : Common to all disciplines will have 60 questions ( answer all questions )
- Section – B Discipline Specific : Candidates will attempt questions from one of the following Medicine / Dentistry / Pharmacy / Nursing / Physiotherapy / Biomedical Sciences / Management / Allied Health Sciences / Public Health.
- The candidates will indicate the selected faculty / discipline in the application form. The Section – B will have 75 questions and the candidate may attempt any 60 questions. The first 60 questions attempted will be considered for evaluation.
- All questions carry equal marks. There will be no negative mark for wrong answer. Correct answer number must be shaded with black Ballpoint pen in the OMR Answer Sheet supplied along with the question booklet.
- Results will be published in the Deemed University website www.sriramachandra.edu.in
SRU Admission Application Form 2018
SRU admission application form is available in the official website www.sriramachandra.edu.in.
How to apply
Step 1 : The candidate can obtain the form from the University website.
Step 2 : Fill the form with the required details and attach a Demand Draft for ₹ 1500/- in favour of “Sri Ramachandra University” payable at Porur, Chennai
Step 3 : Furnish the following information along with the form :
- Qualifications and details of previous study and research if any, and full particulars of publications ( with reprints ) to your credit in accredited journals
- Broad field of research in which you intend to pursue research
- Detailed Research Proposal ( 9 copies ) containing introduction; review of literature and lacunae in knowledge; aims and objective of the study; plan of work; materials and methods; hypothesis and anticipated outcome references;
- Questionnaire if any, duly signed by the Guide and Co – guide
- Name, Designation and full address of the guide / co – guide under whom you propose to do the research
Step 4 : Send the filled in form at the following address :
The Admission Office,
Sri Ramachandra University,
Porur, Chennai – 600116,
Tamil Nadu, India.
SRU Admission Exam Centers 2019
- SRU Entrence Examination Center For Ph.D Program is Deemed University Campus, Porur, chennai.
SRU Selection Procedure 2019
- There shall be a two – stage admission process for the Ph.D. programme of the University with an Entrance examination followed by proposal presentation and viva voce. There shall be an All – India based Entrance Examination for admission for the Ph.D. Programme. You should secure 50% and above to be eligible for applying for provisional registration. The syllabus along with the list of Reference Books are available on the University website.
- If the candidate have satisfactorily defended his proposed research, only then he will be recommended by the Ph.D. Admission Committee for provisional registration.
SRU Admission Important Dates 2019
|1||Last date for receipt of filled in application||19th January, 2019|
|2||Entrance Test Date||23rd January, 2019|
Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research,
No.1 Ramachandra Nagar,
Chennai – 600 116,
Tamil Nadu, India.,
Phone No: 044-24769816,
Website : www.sriramachandra.edu.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.