University of Allahabad Combined Research Entrance Test – CRET 2017
The University of Allahabad shall conduct the Combined Research Entrance Test ( CRET 2017 ) at Allahabad for admission to the Doctor of Philosophy ( D.Phil. ) Program of the University for the session 2017 – 2018.
University of Allahabad CRET Eligibility 2017
1. A candidate who fails to secure the minimum qualifying marks in the respective social categories ( i.e. UR, OBC, SC and ST ) in Paper 1 of Level I Test, or have failed to secure minimum qualifying marks Paper 1 and Paper 2 of Level I separately shall stand disqualified for level II
2. A list of eligible candidates for the Level 2 Tests shall be drawn up, in according with the considerations specified from amongst the following categories of candidates fulfilling the eligibility Criteria
- Candidates exempt from Level 1 and Level 2 tests.
- Candidates exempt from the Level 1 test who obtained the prescribed minimum qualifying marks for the concerned category at the Level 2 Test.
- Candidates who obtain the aggregate minimum qualifying marks for the concerned category on the total score of the Level 1 and Level 2 Tests.
Level I of CRET-2017 Test will consist of two papers of only objective type questions and will be held on a single meeting as under:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions||Duration|
Paper – I : shall be of general nature, intended to assess the Teaching / Research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.The question will be based on Teaching aptitude, Research aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Communication, Reasoning ( including Mathematical ), Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Information and Communication Technology ( ICT ), People & Environment and Higher Education System.
Paper – II : shall be based on the aptitude of subject selected by the candidate. The Level 2 Test shall entail an interview and may include Presentations, group discussions or other modes of appraisal and shall be administered by the Doctoral Programme Committee of the Department / Institute / Centre concerned, one observer and one Vice ChancellorNominee.
3. Candidates for D.Phil. in the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences with M. Tech. in Geology / Applied geology or Geo-Physics.
4. Candidates for D.Phil. in the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences with M.Sc. in Geology / Applied Geology or Geo-Physics ( or equivalent subjects ) who have valid GATE score before the last date of applying for CRET and have a GATE Score of not less than 75%.
5. Serving Army, Navy and Air force Officers with not less than 15 years of service and holding the rank of Colonel in the Army, or equivalent rank in the Air Force / Navy, who are applying for D.Phil. in the Department of Defence and Strategic Studies are exempted from Level 1 and be separately assessed at level 2 against a specified number of vacancies.
6. A minimum score at the Post-graduate Examination of 55% marks ( or the equivalent Letter Grade / Grade Point under the seven point Letter Grade Scale ), laid down by the UGC in the case of General candidates and 50% marks ( or the equivalent Letter Grade / GradePoint ) in the case of OBC ( Noncreamy Layer ) / SC / ST / PH candidates.
7. A minimum average score in the entire academic career of 54% marks ( or the equivalent Letter Grade / Grade Point ) in the case of General/OBC candidates; or 49% marks ( or the equivalent Letter Grade / Grade Point ) in the case of SC / ST / PH candidates.
University of Allahabad CRET 2017 Application Form :
A candidate who fulfils the minimum Eligibility Criteria and seeks to appear in CRET – 2017 in a Subject that is available and is also admissible to him / her must complete, and submit through the Internet, as per modality and schedule set out in the following paras, the prescribed Online Application / Registration Form for appearing for the Level 1 and Level 2 Test ( as the case may be ) at CRET – 2016 in the concerned / admissible Subject and must remit, within due time, the prescribed Test Fees to the University of Allahabad.
Note : The candidate is strongly advised to familiarize himself / herself with the SCHEDULE for different processes/stages of CRET – 2017
The On-line Application / Registration Form for CRET-2017 shall be accessibleonly during the dates specified in the Schedule (vide para 3.05) at https://www.aupravesh2017.cbtexam.in OR Admission-2017 link of www.allduniv.ac.in
The candidate has to fill and submit the form Online, in accordance with the instructions given in the said Website and also summarized in this Section.
Note : The Form shall not be accessible at the Website after the last date of accessibility given in the Schedule.
Before proceeding to fill and submit the On-line Application / Registration Form for CRET – 2017, the candidate is strongly advised to carry out the following tasks for his / her own convenience:
- Take a Print-out of this Bulletin ( Information and Guidelines ) and read it carefully
- Take a Print-out of the CRET – 2017 Syllabus of the Subject in which he / she desires, and is eligible, to appear.
- Read thoroughly the Instructions for the filling and submission of the Online Form
- Review and ensure the correctness of the details of his / her academic record at the High School and Intermediate ( or equivalent ) and the Graduation and Post graduation level, for purposes of making required entries in the On-line Form.
- Get his / her latest Passport-size Color Photograph and his signature scanned by Computer, so that the scanned Photograph and Signature can be submitted with the On-line Form. The original of the scanned Photograph should be carefully preserved for submission to the CRET-2017
- Though it is not mandatory, it is advised that if the candidate does not already have an e-mail address ( e-mail ID ), he / she should create for himself / herself a valid email ID, in order that the CRET – 2017 Committee may send him / her significant instructions or information ( as per need ) by e-mail.
The candidate is entitled to appear in only one Subject at CRET – 2017. The candidate is also prohibited from” submitting more than one Online Application / Registration Form for CRET-2017. In case the candidate submits more than one Online Form, all the Forms submitted by him shall stand cancelled.
University of Allahabad CRET Application Fee 2017
The Test Fee prescribed for different categories of candidates for CRET- 2016 areas follows:
- GENERAL / OBC : 1500/-
- SC / ST / PH : 750/-
NOTE: There is no provision for the withdrawal by a candidate of his / her application / candidature for CRET – 2017 once he / she has submitted the Form or, pursuant to the same, remitted the Test Fees.
The Schedule for different processes Ist stages of CRET – 2017 is as follows
|1||Online Registration Start Date||21st April, 2017|
|2||Last date of Registration ONLINE||13th May, 2017|
|3||Last date to deposit Fees and form Submission ONLINE||13th May, 2017|
|4||Admit Cards download date||18th June, 2017|
|5||Date and Time of CRET-2017||25th June to 30th June, 2017|
|6||Declaration of Results||Last Week of July, 2017|
Contact Details :
Senate House Campus, University of Allahabad,
Allahabad, UP, India – 211002
Telephone No : 91-532-24601083
Fax No : +91 532 24601083
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.allduniv.ac.in