University of Delhi South Campus BEd Entrance ExamExams Date »
University of Delhi South Campus Entrance Exam 2018
Applications are invited for admissions into B.Ed course through entrance examination for the academic session 2018.
University of Delhi South Campus Entrance Examination 2018 Eligibility
- As per Ordinance-I of the University, there is no minimum age bar for admission to the under-graduate and postgraduate courses in the University and its colleges except in the courses where the respective regulatory bodies, such as Medical Council of India ( MCI ), All India Council of Technical Education ( AICTE ), Bar Council of India ( BCI ), National Council of Teacher Education ( NCTE ), Dental Council of India ( DCI ), etc. have prescribed the minimum age requirement in their regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree and / or in the Master’s Degree in Science / Social Science / Humanities / Commerce or any other qualification equivalent thereto with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto ( as per the NCTE norms and regulations, 2014-notified in Gazette of India ) with at least 55% marks in aggregate.
Eligibility for Choosing the Teaching ( Pedagogy ) Subject
- The candidate will have to choose only one subject ( within a subject category ) from Table which she/he must have studied in the qualifying degree i.e., Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree for at least 200 marks and obtained at least 50% in this subject.
- This subject will henceforth be referred to as the teaching subject in the B.Ed. programme.
- Candidates are advised to carefully study Table, showing the teaching subjects offered in the various subject categories.
|Home Science||Home Science|
- Candidates applying on the basis of an Undergraduate Degree ( B.A. Program / B.A. Pass and B.Sc. / B.Sc. General ) in any of the Science / Social Science subjects offered at school level and possessing the minimum eligibility marks are advised to fill in Pedagogy of Science / Social Science as their Pedagogy 1 option as well as Pedagogy 2 option.
- Candidates who have done B.Com. ( Pass / Hons ) are not eligible to opt for Sociology, Psychology or Commerce as a Pedagogy subject. They are eligible for opting from any one of the subjects of Mathematics, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Social Sciences as their Pedagogy 1 and 2 options provided that at the graduation level, she / he has studied the subject for at least 200 marks and obtained minimum 50% marks in the subject ( Mathematics, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, History, Geography, Political Science, Economics ).
- Candidates applying on the basis of an Undergraduate Honours Degree ( B.A. Hons. and B.Sc. Hons. ) in any of the Science / Social Science subjects offered at school level and possessing the minimum eligibility marks are advised to fill in Pedagogy of Science / Social Science as their Pedagogy 1 option and Pedagogy of Physics / Chemistry / Biology / History / Geography / Economics / Political Science as their respective Pedagogy 2 option.
- Candidates applying on the basis of a Master degree ( M.A. / M.Sc. ) in any of the Science / Social Science subjects offered at school level and possessing the minimum eligibility marks are advised to fill in Pedagogy of Science / Social Science as their Pedagogy 1 option and Pedagogy of Physics / Chemistry / Biology / History / Geography / Economics / Political Science as their respective Pedagogy 2 option.
- Candidates opting for Sociology, Psychology or Commerce as teaching subjects should have essentially done post-graduation in the respective subject.
- The Departments / Colleges of the University may advise the candidates concerned, wherever necessary, to get recognition / equivalence of their degrees / diplomas / certificates authenticated from the Association of Indian Universities / University Grants Commission / AICTE / Council of Boards of School Education in India ( COBSE ) for the purpose of admission to the Department / College.
- Further, the cases of equivalence of degrees / certificates / diploma may then be put up before the University Authorities for further consideration and confirmation.
- However, the Certificates / Diplomas / Degrees already recognized / equated by the University may not be referred for further verification.
University of Delhi South Campus Seats 2018
- General – 176 seats
- SC – 53 seats
- ST – 26 seats
- OBC – 95 seats
- Total – 350 seats
University of Delhi South Campus Entrance Exam Pattern 2018
- The test will be of 2 hours duration.
- It will contain 100 questions in MCQ format of 4 marks each.
- There is NEGATIVE MARKING.
- For each wrong answer ONE mark would be deducted.
- The test will include questions based on understanding and application of concepts in Science, Social Science and Mathematics at school level, language comprehension in both English and Hindi, reasoning and general awareness on social, political and economic issues.
University of Delhi South Campus Entrance Exam Application Form 2018
How to apply
- All the candidates seeking admission to the LLM course are required to register online on the website www.du.ac.in.
- There is a common Web Portal for the centralized registration of applicants and a common registration form for admission to all the PG / Master’s Courses in the University.
- Online registration details are available on the following PG admission portal http://admission.du.ac.in/.
- Applicant shall be asked to upload the following items
- Passport size photograph of the applicant ( maximum size: 50KB; Formats : JPG / JPEG / PNG )
- Scanned signature of the applicant ( maximum size: 50 KB; Formats : JPG / JPEG / PNG )
- Self-attested copy of Identity Proof of the applicant ( maximum size: 50 KB, Formats : JPG / JPEG / PNG ). Identity proof can be any one of the following documents: Aadhaar Card, Driving License, PAN card, Voter’s identity card, Passport or College identity card.
- Self-attested copy of Class 10th Certificate ( maximum size: 100 KB, Formats : JPG / JPEG / PNG / PDF ).
- Self-attested copy of Caste / Reservation Certificate, if applicable ( maximum size : 100 KB, Formats : JPG / JPEG / PNG / PDF ).
- Registration fee ( non-refundable ) for the entrance examination is the following
- SC/ST and Persons with Disabilities ( PwD ) – ₹250/-.
- For all other categories ( Unreserved, OBC etc. ) – ₹500/-.
- Applicant’s application submission process shall be completed only after payment of the online registration fee.
- Registration shall be payable at the time of online registration through any one of the available online payment options.
- Candidates are requested to note that the online registration process shall only be completed after realization of the online registration fee.
- Registration fee will not be refunded / adjusted in any circumstances.
University of Delhi South Campus Entrance Examination 2018 Exam Centers
Entrance examination shall be conducted at the Centres located in the following cities
- Delhi (NCR)
Applicant shall choose any one of these cities for appearing in the entrance examination through the online registration. It may be noted that after completion of the online registration, the chosen city will not be changed. The University reserves the right to change / cancel any Centre of examination without assigning any reason.
University of Delhi South Campus Entrance Exam Selection Process 2018
- Admission to the B.Ed. programme is based on a Written Test of 400 marks.
- The merit will be prepared on the basis of scores obtained in the Written Test.
University of Delhi South Campus Entrance Exam Important Dates 2018
|1||Start date for BEd online Registration||18th May, 2018|
|2||Closing date for BEd online Registration||07th June, 2018|
|3||Tentative Dates for the conduct of the BEd Entrance Examinations||17th - 21st June, 2018|
|4||Announcement of Results of Entrance Examinations/ Grievance Handling||23rd - 27th June, 2018|
|5||Group Discussion / Interview, if any||27th June - 02nd July, 2018|
|6||First Admission list||04th July, 2018|
|7||Date to deposit BEd Admission fee||04th - 07th July, 2018|
|8||Commencement of BEd classes||20th July, 2018|
Benito Juarez Rd, South Campus,
South Moti Bagh, South Campus,
South Moti Bagh, New Delhi,
Website : www.du.ac.in.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.