VBRET M Phil & PhD Admission 2017
Visava Bharathi Online applications are invited from eligible candidates willing to appear for admission to the M Phil & PhD Programs for the academic year of 2017 – 2018.
VBRET 2017 Eligibility
- Applicants for admission to the M. Phil. and Ph.D. programme shall have a Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or
incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC / ST / OBC ( non-creamy layer ) / Differently-abled and other categories of applicants as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures. However, a Differently-abled applicant belonging to either of the reserved categories ( SC / ST / OBC ( non-creamy layer ) shall not get the double benefit of being SC / ST / OBC ( non-creamy layer ) as well as Differently-abled in the above relaxations.
- Applicants who have cleared the M. Phil. course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale ( or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed ) and successfully completing the M.Phil. Degree shall be eligible to proceed to do research work leading to the Ph. D. Degree.
- Applicants possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M. Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, or a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
- International applicants seeking admission to the M. Phil. and Ph.D. Programme shall be exempted from Admission test.
VBERT Reservation of Seats 2017
- Reservation of seats for OBC, SC, ST and Differently abled candidates will be made as per the rules of the Government of India.
VBRET Application Form 2017
- Candidates have to apply through our Online application system ( vbu.ucanapply.com/entrance ). The Online application allows the candidate to provide all information and also to upload scanned photograph (4 cm x 3 cm) and signature. Details of the courses, eligibility criteria and relevant information are available in the University website – www.visvabharati.ac.in
- Candidate can make the payment Online using any of the Online payment methods of Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card, Cash Card, Payment through mobiles ( A nominal TDR charge would be applicable ). Candidates would get INSTANT confirmation of their payments and submissions when they pay through Online payment methods as listed.
- In case a candidate does not have access to an Online payment method he or she can deposit the required amount at the different HDFC branches using a Bank Challan generated Online : Details of the Bank will be printed in the Challan.
- Last date of submission of Application Form is 16th June, 2017.
VBRET 2017 Important Dates
|1||Last date for submission of application form||16th June, 2017|
Birbham, Birdhum – 731235,
Birdhum ( Dist ), West Bengal,
Telephone No. : +91 ( 3463 ) 262751 to 262756 ( 6 lines ),
Fax No : +91 ( 3463 ) 262672,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.visvabharati.ac.in