CCEA Approved for Textile Parks Scheme in 12th Five Year Plan
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs ( CCEA ) on 3rd October, 2013 approved continuation of the scheme for Integrated Textile Parks in the 12th five year plan.
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs Decisions
- CCEA also approved sanction of new projects for utilizing ₹ 717 crore the balance left in the 12th five year plan allocation, after meeting committed liabilities of the sanctioned 61 parks.
- It also gave its nod for an additional grant of ₹ 10 crore to be given to existing parks for setting up apparel manufacturing units. ₹ 50 crore have been allocated for the purpose.
About Integrated Textiles Parks
- The primary objective of the scheme for Integrated Textile Parks is to provide the industry with world class infrastructure facilities for setting up their textile units.
- The product mix in these parks would include apparels and garments parks, hosiery parks, silk parks, processing parks, technical textiles including medical textiles, carpet parks, powerloom parks.
- The Scheme for Integrated Textiles Parks seeks green field investments in textiles sector on a public private partnership basis with the objective of setting up world class infrastructure for Textiles industry.
The Scheme for Integrated Textile Parks ( SITP ) was approved in the 10th Five Year Plan ( July 2005 ) to provide the industry with world – class infrastructure facilities for setting up their textile units by merging the erstwhile Apparel Parks for Exports Scheme ( APES ) and Textile Centre Infrastructure Development Scheme ( TCIDS ).
The scheme targets industrial clusters or locations with high growth potential, which require strategic interventions by way of providing world – class infrastructure support.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.