Eight New Ministers Inducted into Union Council of Ministers
The Union Council of Ministers on 17th June, 2013 was expanded with the induction of four new Cabinet Ministers and four Ministers of State. Mallikarjun Kharge was given the charge of Railways Ministry.
The newly appointed ministers were administered the oath of office and secrecy by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee at Rastrapati Bhawan on 17th June, 2013.
List of newly appointed Cabinet Ministers and their departments :
- Sisram Ola : Labour and Employment Ministry.
- Oscar Fernandes : Road Transport and Highways Ministry.
- Girija Vyas : Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- Dr K S Rao : Textiles Ministry.
List of newly appointed State Ministers and their departments :
- Manikrao Gavit : Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Santosh Chowdhury : Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare.
- Jesudasu Seelam : Minister of State for Finance.
- E M S Natchiappan : Minister of State for Commerce and Industry.
In the Article 74 of the Constitution of India it is mentioned that their shall be a Council of Ministers with the Prime Minister as its head to aid and advise the President for exercising his functions.
It is mentioned under Article 75 of the Constitution of India that the President is the person who can appoint, the Prime Minister and the other ministers shall be appointed by the President following the advice the Prime Minister.
In the 91st Amendment of Constitution of India, insertion of Article 75 ( 1 A ) took place and it states that total number of Ministers in the list of council of ministers including the Prime Minister shall not exceed 15 percent of the total strength of the members of Lok Sabha ( House of People ).
The induction of the Council of Ministers took place due to the exit of DMK Ministers from the UPA Government followed by the resignation of Pawan Kumar Bansal, Ashwani Kumar, Ajay Maken and Dr. C P Joshi.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.