London Olympics Key Facts 2012
1. 57 million Britons are within 10 miles of the Olympic Flame, which will be carried by 8,000 inspirational Torchbearers .
2. 14 million people across the UK have participated in a Cultural Olympiad event.
3. 12 million young people in 20 countries reached by International Inspiration.
4. Over 10 million free tickets are available for 1,000 London 2012 Festival events.
5. Over 8 million Games tickets are going to Britons for the Games – 75% of a total 11 million tickets. ( Beijing 2008 made 50% of just over 7 million tickets publicly available. There are twice as many tickets available to the domestic public than at Athens 2004 ).
6. 5 million people in the UK have signed up to receive Games – related emails.
7. Over 4 million young people took part in each of the last two Lloyds TSB National Schools Sports Weeks.
8. Over 2 million young people are involved in the ‘Get Set’ education programs, in 25,000 schools and colleges.
9. Over 900,000 tickets on sale from 11th to 16th May, prioritising unsuccessful applicants from previous rounds.
10. Over 800,000 people follow London 2012 on social media sites. London 2012 YouTube videos have been seen 4 million times.
11. 500,000 people are being inspired to choose sport with a £135 million investment in 1,500 facilities, clubs, playing fields and participation programs.
12. 500,000 people will celebrate at Live Sites every day during the Games, at 22 permanent live sites and 47 big screens across every UK nation and region.
13. Over 350,000 spectators attended our London Prepares series of test events.
14. 241,000 people have visited the Olympic Park since 2007.
15. 200,000 people will be working on the Games at Games time.
16. 175,000 schoolchildren and accompanying adults will go to the Games for free through Ticket share.
17. Over 100,000 children from over 12,000 schools are involved in the School Games.
18. Up to 70,000 Britons will be London 2012 Games Maker volunteers.
19. 46,000 people have worked on the Olympic Park and Village.
20. 14,000 spectators at the last BT Paralympic World Cup, which attracted 300,000 online / broadcast viewers.
21. 10,000 serving troops will go to the Games for free through Ticketshare.
22. 10,000 Britons are involved in the Opening and Closing Ceremonies.
23. 9,000 Local Leaders have signed up to organise thousands of community events including the Big Night In, Super Saturday and Last Night of the Games.
24. Over 2,000 British companies have won more than £7.5 billion – worth of contracts.
25. 30 miles of Games Lanes will be in place – less than any other Summer Games.
( Beijing 2008 had over 186 miles; Athens 2004 had over 99 miles ).
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.