National Dates & Events in October 2011
1. The Goa Legislative Assembly on 5th October, 2011 unanimously passed an mended Goa Lokayukta Bill on the first day of the two – day session.
2. Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Nirmal Verma commissioned INS Shakti, a 27,550 – tonne fleet tanker at a ceremony held at the Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam on 1st October, 2011. INS Shakti, one of Indian Navy’s biggest ships and built by the Bncantieri Shipyard in Italy, can carry 15,000 tonnes of different varieties of fuel for ships and aircraft and 500 tonnes of dry cargo, including ammunition and provisions for the fleet to take up multiple ship replenishment operations simultaneously.
3. Tamil Nadu topped the list of States that provided jobs to rural households for 100 days as per the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act ( MNREGA ) at the end of the second quarter of the financial year 2011-12. More than 11.02 lakh households benefited from the scheme in Tamil Nadu as per figures released on 3rd October, 2011.
4. India’s first mobile – based Kisan Credit Card launched : Pallavan Grama Bank, a regional rural bank ( RRB ) sponsored by Indian Bank, on 3rd October, 2011 started a pilot project on a mobile – enabled Kisan credit card ( m – KCC ) meant for farming community. The project is sponsored by National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development ( NABARD ). Pallavan Grama Bank will be the first bank to launch the system in the country. The project launched, in Villupuram district, Tamil Nadu, aims at facilitating a paperless, doorstep banking transaction by farmers using their mobile handsets towards purchase of farm inputs.
5. The Jammu and Kashmir interlocators on 12th October, 2011 submitted their fined report to Union Home Minister R Chidambaram, focussing on what one of them called a “permanent political settlement of the Kashmir problem.” The report deals with issues pertaining to the economic, social and cultured aspects of Jammu and Kashmir,”
6. People living in some of the vulnerable areas along the coast were evacuated in Odisha, Puducherry and Maharashtra as India joined 23 other Indian Ocean Rim nations in conducting a 12 – hour mock tsunami drill codenamed ‘Exercise IO Wave 11‘ on 12th October, 2011. During the exercise, the operational efficacy of the Indian Ocean Tsunami Warning and Mitigation System ( IOTWS ) was tested, as the events of 26th December, 2004, when a 9.2 magnitude tsunami induced earthquake occurred off the North West coast of Sumatra, were re – enacted, followed by an ocean – wide tsunami.
7. The Government will work to make roaming free and allow consumers to keep their mobile numbers even if they move to another state, according to the draft of the National Telecom Policy – 2011 unveiled by Union Communications Minister Kapil Sibal on 10th October, 2011
8. Namma Metro, also known as Bangalore Metro, is a mass – transit rail system for the city of Bangalore. The agency responsible for its implementation is the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Ltd ( BMRCL ). The first stretch between Byappanahalli to M.G. Road was inaugurated by Union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath on 20th October, 2011. The 6.7 – km stretch, which has six stations, is part of Namma Metro Phase 1 with a route network of 42.3 km. The entire Phase 1 is expected to become operational by March 2014.
9. The Director General of Foreign Trade ( DGFT ) on 13th October, 2011 become India’s first digital signature enabled department. Digital certificate provides a high level of security for online communication such that only intended recipient can read it. It provides authentication, privacy, non – repudiation and integrity in the virtual world.
10. India has been ranked 132nd in 183 economies covered by the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation in its annual report titled ‘Doing Business 2012 : Doing Business in a More Transparent World released in Washington on 19th October, 2011. India was ranked 139 in 2011 report.
11. The Micro, Small and Medium enterprises sector has a key role cut out in shaping India’s GDP growth in the 12th Plan period. The two – day India Global Summit on ‘MSMEs 2011 – Innovation : Changing the Indian MSME Landscape’ was organised on 19th to 20th October, 2011
12. Chawla retired as Finance Secretary on 31st January. He was heading a committee on allocation, pricing and utilisation of natural resources till recently 2011
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.