Famous Towns and Places in India
1. Agra : Situated on the right bank of the Yamuna. Famous for Taj Mahal, and Nenue of Indo – Pak Summit July 16, 2001.
2. Aizawal : Capital of Mizoram.
3. Ajmer : Famous city of Rajasthan, pilgrimage centre for the Muslims, as the tomb of Khawaja Moin – ud – din Chishti is situated.
4. Aligarh : An important town of U.P., major manufacturing centre of locks, knives, etc.
5. Alipur : Suburb of Kolkata famous for Government mint.
6. Allahabad : Also called Prayag is a city in U.P. situated at the confluence of the Ganga and Jamuna.
7. Amarnath : A famous place of Hindu Pilgrimage, situated at a height of about 13,500 ft.in Kashmir.
8. Amritsar : Famous for Golden Temple and a great pilgrimage centre for the Sikhs.
9. Arvi : The tiny village of Arvi near Narayanagaon 80 km. from Pune, figures in the International Commercial Satellite Communication map as India’s First Satellite Station.
11. Ayodhya : Famous for Ram Janam Bhumi, situated on the river Sarayu.
12. Badrinath : A famous Hindu pilgrimage centre in the Himalayas in Uttranchal near Gangotri Glacier.
13. Banaras ( Varanasi ) : An important pilgrimage centre for the Hindus. Famous for silk brocade, seat of the famous Hindu University.
14. Bangalore : Capital of Karnataka, famous for silk manufactures.
15. Buland Darwaja : A high gate in Fatehpur Sikri near Agra built by Akbar.
16. Chennai : A port and capital of Tamil Nadu. A great manufacturing and commercial centre.
17. Cherrapunji : In Meghalaya; the place of heaviest rainfallnearly; 426″ yearly.”
18. Chhatnb : It is small town in the Indian State of Jammu & Kashmir across the Indo – Pak border. Champ got a lot of attention from Pakistan forces in 1965 and 1971. Both times, it was the scene of some very hard battles.
19. Cyberabad : The city of Hyderabad of Andhra Pradesh acquired the name of Cyberabad with giants like Oracle and Microsoft setting up offices there. A ‘Silicon Valley’ is being developed there.
20. Darjeeling : A world famous tea producing centre of West Bengal.
21. Delhi : Capital of India. A great manufacturing and trading centre. It is famous mostly for the historical buildings.
22. Digboi ( Assam ): Known for rich oil fields.
23. Dum Duin ( W.B. ) : The noted international airport near Kolkata.
24. Eden Garden ( Kolkata ) : Famous stadium for cricket matches.
25. Ellora and Ajanta : Famous for wonderful Buddhist cave temples.
26. Gate way of India : A memorial gate at the Mumbai port, built in 1911.
27. Haridwar ( Uttrakhand ): It is the major centre of pilgrimage for Hindus. It is situated on the banks of Ganges.
28. India Gate : A memorial in Delhi facing the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
29. Jharia : Major Coal mining centre in Bihar.
30. Jalianwala Bagh : A garden in Amritsar, scene of massacre of innocent Indians by the British on April 13, 1919.
31. Khajuraho : Famous for Mahadev temple.
32. Kolkata : Capital of West Bengal, India’s second largest ( population ) city and chief commercial port and also an industrial centre with jute and textile mills. It is also called “the city of palaces.”
33. Qutab Minar : One of the masterpieces of Indian architecture and art in Delhi. It is the biggest minar in the world.
34. Lucknow : Capital of U.P. It is famous for gold and embroidery works.
35. Ludhiana : Located in the Punjab. A major industrial and manufacturing town of India. Known for hosiery, cycle and sewing machine part industries.
36. Lumbini : In Nepal Terai, birth place of Lord Budda.
37. Mathura : A holy city in U.P., birth place of Lord Krishna.
38. Mirzapur : In U P. on the Ganges, famous for carpets, brass works and lac.
39. Mount Abu : Hill station in Rajasthan. Famous for Dilwara Jain Temple and Police Training School.
40. Mumbai : Capital of Maharashtra, first big city ( population ) of India and a leading commercial and industrial area. Popularly known as Paris of India.
41. Nagpur : In Maharashtra famous for oranges.
42. Nazi : Situated on river Godavari, pilgrimage centre for Hindus, known for the location of security currency printing press here.
43. Panipat : Famous for 3 battles fought in 1526, 1556 and 1761.
44. Patna : Capital of Bihar. It is the birth place of Guru Gobind Singh.
45. Pimpri : Near Pune, known for Penicillin factory.
46. Pune : It a commercial centre and a military station. A popular health resort in Maharashtra.
47. Port Blair : Capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal.
48. Pokhran : A place in Rajasthan desert where the first underground nuclear experiment was made by India on May 18, 1974. It also witnessed five more nuclear explosions in May, 1999.
49. Puri : Famous for Jagannath temple which is an important centre of Hindus pilgrimage.
50. Pushkar : Near Ajmer is famous for ancient temple of Brahma.
51. Raipur : Capital of newly formed Chhatisgarh state.
52. Rajghat : Situated on the bank of the Yamuna in Delhi. Samadhi of Mahatma Gandhi.
53. Ranchi : Capital of newly formed Jharkhand state.
54. Raniganj : Famous coal mining centre of India, located in West Bengal.
55. Red Fort : Redstone fort built by Shah Jahan in Delhi.
56. Rourkela ( Orissa ): Steel Plant and Fertilizer factory.
57. Sarnath ( near Varanasi ) : Buddha preached first sermon here.
58. Sanchi : Near Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh. It is noted for the Buddhist stupas of Ashoka.
59. Shakti Sthal : Samadhi of Smt. Indira Gandhi.
60. Shimla : A beautiful hill station and capital of Himachal Pradesh. Venue of Indo – Pak Summit, July 28, 1972.
61. Sikkim : It became the 22nd State in the Indian Union by the Constitution ( 36th Amendment ) Act, 1972.
62.Srinagar : Capital of Jammu & Kashmir and a beautiful city of lakes.
63. Udaipur ( Rajasthan ) : Called the city of lakes.
64. Ujjain : In Madhya Pradesh is one of the seven cities sacred to the Hindus. Known for Mahakaleshwar temple.
65. Uri : Village in Kashmir on cease – fire line between India and Pakistan.
66. Vaishali : Modern Besarch in the district of Muzaffarpur in Bihar. It was the capital of the famous Vaishali clan in ancient limes.
67. Varanasi : or Banaras is a town in U P. very sacred to the Hindus. 1S known as the religious capital of Hindu India. Famous for Banaras mdu University, Vishwanath Temple. Manmandir with Jai Singh’s Observatory, Ramnagar Fort etc.
68. Victoria Memorial : A magnificent building in Kolkata having an art gallery and a well – laid out garden attached to it.
69. Vijay Ghat : On the banks of Yamuna in Delhi is the Smadhi of Shri Lai Bahadur Shastri, former Prime Minister of India.
70. Vishakhapatnam : Big harbour on the southern coast of India; shipbuilding yard.
71. Viswa Shanti Stupa : ( World Peace Pagoda ) 45 metres high stupa raised atop the picturesque Ratnagiri Hill. It is the first stupa of its kind in India. It was inaugurated on October 25, 1969.
72. Vivekananda Rock : Is situated near Kanyakumari at the southern tip of India’s coastline. It has been so named in memory of Swami Vivekananda.
73. Wardha : in ( Maharashtra State ); Mahatma Gandhi lived there for several years; centre of cotton trade.
74. Wellington : In the Nilgiri Hills ( Tamil Nadu ) is known for Defence Services Staff College.
75. Zojila : A pass on the road from Srinagar ( Kashmir ) to Leh and then to Yarkand in Tibet.
Famous Towns and Places in World
|Publication of Patna University admission Notice||
02th June, 2012
|Date of selling and receiving form ( including registered / speed post )||
04th June, 2012 to 25th June, 2012
|Date of receiving Admit Card||
10th July, 2012 to 17th July, 2012
|Date of Entrance Test||
18th July, 2012
|Date of Publication of Entrance Test Result||
30th July, 2012
|Patna University admissions begin on ( 1st list )||
03rd August, 2012
|Date of Commencement of Class||
10th August, 2012
|1.||Publication of Information brochure & Application |
form on website
|11th May, 2015|
|2.||Last date of receipt of application form||26th June, 2015|
|3.||Last date for receipt of applications for NE States, A&N Islands & J&K||30th June, 2015|
|4.||Admit card dispatch / available online from||6th July, 2015|
|5.||Last date for any query regarding admit card||26th July, 2015|
|6.||Date of Entrance Examination||26th July, 2015 ( Sunday )|
|7.||Declaration of Result ( Tentative )||10th August, 2015|
|8.||Tentative date of Counseling 1st Round||02nd September, 2015 to 04th September, 2015|
|9.||Session begins for NIOH||21st September, 2015|
|10.||Session begins for SVNIRTAR||5th October, 2015|