Europe Continent Countries
1. It is the second smallest continent after Australia (area-wise), while population-wise, Europe is at the second spot after Asia.
2. It is surrounded by Arctic Ocean in the North, Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea in the South, Atlantic Ocean in the West and Ural Mountains in the East. It is separated from Africa by the Strait of Gibraltar.
3. Important mountains are Alps, Apennines, Balkans, Carpathians, Caucasus, Pyrenees, Ural, etc.
4. Highest peak is El’brus (5,633 m.).
5. Major rivers are Danube, Dnieper, Don, Elbe, Po, Rhine, Rhone, Seine, Thames, Tiber, Volga, etc.
6. Major religions are Christianity, Islam and Judaism.
7. The climate is mild and generally humid in the West and North-West, Mediterranean type in the South and cool Humid with cool summers in the east.
9. Iceland, Norway, Sweden and Denmark are collectively known as Scandinavia.
10. The world’s most northerly capital is Reykjavik of Iceland.
Continent United Kingdom
- United Kingdom is the name given to the combination of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Great Britain consists of England, Scotland and Wales.
- The capital is London and the currency is Pound Sterling.
- The climate is cool temperate oceanic, with mild conditions and rainfall evenly distributed over the year.
- Major language and religion are English and Christianity respectively.
- London, Glasgow, Liverpool, Bradford, Manchester, Birmingham are the major cities.
- The most important fishing ground is Dogger Bank.
- United Kingdom is one of the most industrialized nations of the world, though it lacks the raw material. It is self-sufficient in petroleum.
- It is the third largest country in Europe.
- Paris is the capital and Euro is the currency.
- The major language is French.
- Christianity and Islam are the major religions.
- It has a mixture of moderate maritime, Mediterranean and continental climates.
- It is one of the leading producers of wine in the world.
- Paris, which is on Seine River, is the house of Fashion industry.
- Capital is Berlin and currency is Euro.
- Rhine, Danube and Elbe are the major rivers.
- Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt, Hamburg are the major cities.
- The economy is industry oriented. Industries include steel, ships, vehicles, machinery, electronic products, coal and chemicals.
- Forestry, fisheries and mineral resources (coal, iron, copper and potash) are the other sources of the country’s economy.
- Hamburg is the busiest port of Germany.
- Lufthansa is the national airline.
Russian Federation Continent
- It is the largest country of the world and the highest populated country of Europe.
- Capital is Moscow and Rouble is the currency.
- Russian is the principal language and Christianity, Islam and Judaism are the principal religions.
- Leading natural resources are iron ore, gold (second largest in the world), oil, platinum, copper, zinc, tin, etc.
- Forests and fisheries lend support to the economic base.
Vatican City Continent
- Vatican City is in Rome, Italy. It is the smallest country of the world both in terms of area and population.
- It is the seat of the Central government of the Roman Catholic Church, and the Pope is the absolute ruler.
- Vatican City has its own currency, postage stamps, citizenship rights, flag, diplomatic corps, newspaper, railway station and broadcasting facilities.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.