Tamil Nadu State in IndiaGeneral Knowledge » Geography »
Tamil Nadu State in India – Other States in India
- Its economy depends largely on agriculture. Major food crops are rice, jowar, ragi, bajra, maize and pulses.
- Many cash crops like sugarcane, cotton, groundnut, sunflower, coffee, tea, rubber, cashew, coconut are also grown in abundance.
- Major industries in Tamil Nadu are cotton textiles, chemical fertilizers, paper and its products, diesel engines, cement, sugar, iron and steel, railway wagons and coaches, etc.
- Chennai, Tuticorin and Ennore are the major ports in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Pongal is the most important festival. It is a harvest festival.