Mughal Administration System :: List of Mughal Emperors
Mughal Administration in India
- The entire kingdom was divided into suba or pranta, suba into sarkar, sarkar into pargana and the pargana into villages.
- Babar and Humayun had a Prime Minister known as Vakil. The office of Vakil, was, however, discontinued after Bairam Khan.
- Wazir was the Prime Minister.
- Dewan was the head of the revenue department.
- Mir Bakshi : Military Department.
- Khan – i – Saman : Royal household.
- Qazi – ul – quzaf : Judicial Department. The qazis were helped by the muftis.
- Sadr – us – Sadr : Charitable and religious endowments.
- Mustaufi : Auditor – General.
- Amil : Judicial officer in civil and judicial disputes.
- Quanungo : Head accountant.
- Lambardar : Village headman.
- Patwari : Village accountant.
- During Akbar’s reign the empire was divided into 15 subas. The number reached 21 during Aurangzeb’s reign.
- The territory of the empire was divided into khalisa (crown lands), jagirs (land granted to nobles) and inam (land granted to religious and learned men).
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.