National Revolutionary Movement
- The first political murder of a European was committed in 1897 at Poona by the Chapekar brothers, Damodar and Balkishan. Their target was Mr. Rand, President of the Plague Commission, but Lt. Ayerst was accidentally shot.
- In 1907, Madam Bhikaiji Cama, a Parsi revolutionary unfurled the flag of India at Stuttgart Congress (of Second International).
- In 1908, Khudiram Bose and Prafulla Chaki threw a bomb on the carriage of Kingford, the unpopular judge of Muzaffarpur. Khudiram, Kanhaiyalal Dutt and Satyendranath Bose were hanged. (Alipur Case).
- In 1909, M L Dhingra shot dead Col. William Curzon Whyllie, the political advisor of ‘India Office’ in London.
- In 1912, Rasbihari Bose and Sachindra Nath Sanyal threw a bomb at Lord Hardinge at Delhi. (Delhi Conspiracy Case)
- In Oct, 1924, a meeting of revolutionaries from all parts of India was called at Kanpur.
- The meeting was attended by old revolutionary leaders like Sachindra Nath Sanyal, Jogesh Chandra. Chatterjee and Ram Prasad Bismil and some young revolutionaries like Bhagat Singh, Shiv Verma, Sukhdev, Bhagwati Charan Vohra and Chandrashekhar Azad.
- They setup Hindustan Socialist Republic Association/ Army (HSRA). Their three objectives were:
- To raise the consciousness of people against the futility of Gandhian movement of non-violence.
- To perform directaction and revolutionto attain complete independence.
- To set up a republic of the United States ofIndia on the federal structure.
- They carried out a dacoity on the Kakori bound train on the Saharanpur-Lucknow railway line on Aug 9, 1925. The conspirators were later arrested and hanged (Ram Prasad Bismil, Ashfaqulla, Roshan Lai and Rajendra Lahiri).
- Bhagat Singh, with his colleagues shot dead Saunders (Asstt. S.E of Lahore, who ordered lathi charge on Lala Lajpat Rai) on Dec 17, 1928.
- Then Bhagat Singh and Batukeshwar Dutt threw a bomb in the Central Assembly on Apr 8, 1929. Thus, he, Rajguru and Sukhdev were hanged on Mar23, 1931 at Lahore Jail (Lahore Conspiracy Case) and their bodies cremated at Hussainiwala near Ferozepur.
- In 1929 only Jatin Das died in Lahore jail after 63 days fast to protest against horrible conditions in jail.
- Meerut Conspiracy Case started in 1929 and continued for four years against 31 communists accused of conspiracy against the British sovereign. In this, Muzaffar Ahmed received transportation for life.
- Surya Sen, a revolutionary of Bengal, formed the Indian Republic Army in Bengal. In 1930, he masterminded the raid on Chittagong armoury. He was hanged in 1933.
- In 1931, Chandrashekhar Azad shot himself at Alfred Park in Allahabad.
Revolutionary Organisations found outside India:
|Thrissur||Thrissur (Main), Kodungallor, Thriprayar, Irinjalakkuda, Chalakkudy, Kodakara, Vadakkencherry, Kunnamkulam|
|Palakkad||Palakkad Main, Alathur, Chittur, Ottappalam, Wadakkencherry, Pattambi, Mannarkad|
|Malappuram||Malappuram Main, Perinthalmanna, Kondotti, Ponnani, Kuttippuram, Thenhipalam (Calicut University), Chavakkad, Manjeri, Tirur|
|Kozhikode||Kozhikode Main, Feroke, Koyilandy, Vadakara|
|Wayanad||Kalpetta, Mananthavadi, Sulthan Batheri|
|Kannur||Kannur Main, Thalassery, Thalipparamba, Payyannur|
|Kasargod||Kasargod Main, Thrikkaripur, Hosdurg, Manjesswar.|
(in 1943, INA was reorganized by Subhash Chandra Bose in Singapore.)
Revolutionay Organisation in India:
|1||Commencement of sale of NAT Forms for Candidates||15th October, 2017|
|2||Closes on & last date of receiving Application Form||2nd June, 2018|
|3||Next Date of National Admission Test||3rd June, 2018|
|4||Declaration of result||10th June, 2018|