Indo – Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) :
- It was established in 1962, after the Chinese attack.
- It is basically employed in the Northern borders for monitoring the borders and also to stop smuggling and illegal immigration.
National Security Guards (NSG) :
- It was established is 1984.
- It has been established to counter the surge of militancy in the country.
- It is a highly trained force which deals with the militants effectively.
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) :
- It was set-up in 1969 after the recommendations of Justice B. Mukherji.
- Its objective is to monitor the industrial complexes of Central Government.
Assam Rifles :
- It was established in 1835 and is the oldest paramilitary force in the country.
- Its main objective is to keep vigilance of international borders in North East and countering insurgency operations in Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram and Nagaland.
Border Security Force (BSF) :
- It was established in 1965.
- It keeps a vigil over the international borders against the intrusion in the country.
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) :
- It was set-up in 1939.
- Its main objective is to assist the State / Union Territory Police in maintenance of law and order.
- The 88th Battalion of CRPF, known as ‘Mahila Battalion’ (commissioned on March 30, 1986) is the world’s first paramilitary force comprising entirely of women.
National Cadet Corps (NCC) :
- It was established in 1948.
- Its main objective is to stimulate interest among the youth in the defence of the country in order to build up a reserve man power to expand armed forces.
Territorial Army (TA) :
- It was established in 1948.
- It is a voluntary, part – time force (between 18 and 35 years), not professional soldiers, but civilians, who wish to assist in defence of the country.
Home Guards :
- It was established in 1962, to assist the police in maintaining security, to help defence forces and to help local authorities in case of any eventuality.
- It was set – up in 1978.
- Its objective is to protect the maritime and other national interests in the maritime zones of India.
Intelligence Bureau (IB) :
- It was set-up in 1920.
- Its objective is the collect secret information relating to country’s security.
- It was originally set – up as Central Special Branch (CSB) in 1987 and renamed IB in 1920.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) :
- It was established in 1953.
- Its objective is to investigate cases of misconduct by public servants, cases of cheating, embezzlement and fraud.
- CBI is also entrusted with the investigation of international crime cases in collaboration with INTERPOL.
National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) :
- It was established in 1986.
- Its objective is to collect crime statistics at the national level, information of inter – state and international criminals to help investigation agencies.
Rapid Action Force (RAF) :
- It was established in 1992.
- Under the operational command of CRPF.
- 10 battalions of the CRPF have been reoriented for tackling communal riots in the country.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.