Prime ISRO EstablishmentsGeneral Knowledge » India Misscellaneous »
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Trivandrum :
- Responsible for development of rocket launch vehicles.
Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota :
- A launch complex and production centre of propellants.
ISRO Satellite Centre (SAC), Bangalore :
- Responsible for space craft mainframe development.
Space Application Centre (SAC), Ahmedabad :
- Main centre for space application and development of spacecraft’s payloads.
Auxiliary Propulsion System Unit (APSU), Bangalore and Trivandrum :
- Develops propulsion control packages for launch vehicles and spacecrafts.
Development and Educational Communication Unit (DECU), Ahmedabad :
- Produces development and educational television programs.
- ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC).
- Consists of five ground stations located at Sriharikota, Kovalpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Car Nicobar and Ahmedabad with headquarters at Bangalore.
National Remote Sensing Agency (NRSA), Hyderabad :
- For utilizing the potential of remote sensing, mainly in the context of natural resources survey.
- Indian National Satellite Space Segment Project Office (INSAT – INSSPO).
- Responsible for implementation and operation of the space segment for INSAT.
- The Master Control Facility for INSAT spacecrafts is located at Hassan in Karnataka. The second centre is at Bhopal.
Physical Research Laboratory (PRL), Ahmedabad :
- To carry out research in outer space.
Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station (TERLS) :
- A US – sponsored mission near Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) is a rocket launching facility which became operational in 1963.
Rocket Propellent Plant (RPP), Thumba :
Commissioned in 1969, it is engaged in production of solid propellant blocks to support rocket launching programs.
Experimental Satellite Communication Earth Station (ESCES), Ahmedabad :
- Set – up in 1967, to impart instruction in satellite communication technology.
Satellite Instructional Television Experiment (SITE), Ahmedabad :
- Set up in 1970, to conduct joint TV experiments.
Experimental Satellite Communication Earth Station, Arvi, Pune :
- India’s first satellite communication earth station. It operates through the INTERSAT – III satellite positioned over the Indian Ocean. Second station has been opened at Dehradun.
National Mesosphere Stratosphere Troposphere Reader Facility (NMRF) – Gadanki (near Tirupati) :
- To carry out atmospheric research.
Milestones of Indian Space Program :
|Secreted by||Enzymes||Acts on||Products|
|Salivary Glands||Ptyalin (Salivary Amylase)||Starch, Glycogen, Dextrins||Maltose, Isomaltose, 'Limit' Dextrins|
|Gastric||Pepsin (Activated from Pepsinogen by HCI)||Proteins, Calcium Paracaseinate||Peptones|
|Rennin (Activated from Prorennin by HCI)||Casein||Paracasein and Whey Proteins|
|Gastric Lipase||Fats||Fatty Acids and Monoglycerides|
|Pancreas||Trypsin (Activated from Trypsinogen by Enterokinase)||Proteins||Peptides|
|Chymotrypsin (Activated from Chymotrypsinogen by Trypsin)||Proteins, Casein||Peptides, Paracasein (curd)|
|Pancreatic Amylase||Starch, Glycogen, Dextrins||Maltose, Isomaltose, 'Limit' Dextrins|
|Pancreatic Lipase||Emulsified fats||Fatty Acids, Glycerol, Monoglycerides, Diglycerides and Triglycerides|
|Carboxypeptidases (Activated from Procarboxypeptidases by Trypsin)||Peptides||Amino Acids and Dipeptides|
|Intestinal Glands||Intestinal amylase||Starch, Glycogen, Dextrins||Maltose, Isomaltose, 'Limit' Dextrins|
|'Limit' Dextrinase||'Limit' Dextrins||Glucose|
|Invertase (Sucrase)||Sucrose||Glucose, Fructose|
|Intestinal Lipase||Emulsified fats (Tri-, Di- Monoglycerides)||Fatty Acids, Glycerol|
|Nucleotidases||Nucleotides||Nucleosides and Inorganic Phosphates|
|Nucleosidases||Nucleosides||Nitrogenous Bases, Pentose Sugars|