Biography of Shivraj Singh ChauhanGeneral Knowledge »
Shivraj Singh Chauhan replaced Babulal Gaur and took the responsibility as the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh. On 29th November 2005, Governor Balram Jakhar administered the oath of office.
The Vidisha constituency of Madhya Pradesh represented by him and he is a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP ). Later while addressing newspersons, Mr. Chauhan said that he would endeavor to provide an impartial and corruption – free administration and there would be transparency in governance.
Shivraj Singh Chauhan said that his Cabinet would be a balanced one. Shivraj Singh Chouhan is a compassionate individual, engrossed in patriotism and Indian values right from early childhood.
In underground movement against Emergency Shivraj Singh Chauhan participated and during 1976 – 77, Shivraj Singh Chauhan was imprisoned in Bhopal Jail. On several other occasions for political agitations, he was sent to jail.
On March 5, 1959, Shivraj Singh Chauhan was born in a farmers’ family at village Jait in Sehore district to father Shri Prem Singh Chouhan and mother Smt. Sundar Bai Chouhan.
From Barkatulla University, Shivraj Singh received a Master’s degree in Philosophy and is also a gold medallist.
In 1992, Shivraj Singh Chauhan was married to Smt. Sadhana Singh. They have two sons. In 1975, Chouhan was President of Model Higher Secondary School Students’ Union. Since 1977, Chouhan served Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh ( R.S.S. ) as volunteer.
In 1977 – 78, Shivraj Singh Chauhan was appointed Organizing Secretary, Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad ( A.B.V.P. ). Shivraj Singh Chauhan was made the Joint Secretary of the A.B.V.P. during 1978 – 80.
From 1980 to 1983, Shivraj Singh Chauhan held the post of General Secretary of the A.B.V.P. and also served as the Member of National Executive of A.B.V.P. from 1982 to 1983.
Shivraj Singh Chauhan also held the post of Joint Secretary of Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha from 1984 to 1985, General Secretary of Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha, Madhya Pradesh from 1985 to 1988 and President of Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha, Madhya Pradesh from 1988 to 1991.
In 1990 – 91, Chouhan was designated to the Sate Assembly from Budni Constituency. In 10th Lok Sabha, Chouhan was first voted Member of Parliament from Vidisha Constituency.
Other posts, which he held, are :
- Shivraj Singh Chauhan was Gonvener of Akhil Bhartiya Keshariya Vahini : 1991 – 92.
- General Secretary of All India Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha from 1992 onwards.
- General Secretary of Bhartiya Janta Party, Madhya Pradesh from 1992 to 1994.
- Member of Consultative Committee, Ministry of Human Resources Development from 1992 to 1996.
- Member of Committee on Labour and Welfare from 1993 to 1996.
- Member of Hindi Salahkar Samiti from 1994 to 1996.
- In the year 1996, Shivraj Singh Chouhan was re – elected to the 11th Lok Sabha for the second term.
- Shivraj Singh Chauhan was Member of Committee on Urban and Rural Development and Member of Consultative Committee, Ministry of Human Resources Development.
- Member of Committee on Urban and Rural Development from 1996 to 1997.
- Member of Committee on Urban and Rural Development, General Secretary of B.J.P., Madhya Pradesh in 1997 – 98.
- For the third time Chouhan was re – elected to 12th Lok Sabha in 1998.
- Shivraj Singh Chauhan was Member, Committee on Urban and Rural Development and it’s Sub – Committee on Ministry of Rural Areas and Employment in 1998 – 99.
- For the fourth term in 1999, Chouhan was re – elected to 13th Lok Sabha ( 4th term ) in 1999.
- In 1999 – 2000, Shivraj Singh Chauhan was Member of Committee on Agriculture.
- Served as the Member of Committee on Public Undertakings from 1999 to 2001.
- From 2000 to 2003, served as the National President of Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha.
- Shivraj Singh Chauhan was also the Chairman of House Committee ( Lok Sabha ) and National Secretary of Bhartiya Janta Party.
- Singh from 2000 to 2004 was Member of Consultative Committee, Ministry of Communications.
- Shivraj Singh Chauhan was re – elected to 14th Lok Sabha for the 5th term in 2004.
- Shivraj Singh Chauhan was Member of Committee on Agriculture.
- Member of Joint Committee on Offices of Profit.
- National General Secretary of BJP.
- Secretary of Parliamentary Board.
- Secretary Central Election Committee.
- Shivraj Singh Chauhan also headed Housing Committee of Lok Sabha.
- Member of Committee on Ethics.
- Chouhan was appointed President of BJP, Madhya Pradesh in 2005.
Shivraj Singh Chouhan, a humanitarian by nature, has been organizing religious and cultural activities and seminars. For the poor and orphan girls Shivraj Singh Chauhan has been arranging marriages.
Shivraj Singh Chauhan has also been endlessly striving for the upliftment of scheduled castes. Chouhan is deeply interested in music, spiritual literature, debates and discussions with likeminded friends.
Listening to songs and watching movies are his favorite pastime. Shivraj Singh Chauhan has a keen interest in sports; Shivraj Singh Chauhan likes Kabaddi, cricket and volleyball and Shivraj Singh Chauhan is associated with various sports institutions in rural areas.