Biography of Indian Governor Syed Sibtey RaziGeneral Knowledge »
Biography of Jharkhand – Syed Sibtey Razi
Syed Sibtey Razi is the present Governor of the state of Jharkhand of India.
Syed Sibtey Razi, an Indian Politician is a member of Indian National Congress, presently serves as the governor of the state Jharkhand of India.
Razi was born on 7th March 1939 to Syed Wirasat Husain and Razia Begum in Rae Bareli, Uttar Pradesh. He was educated at the Husainabad Higher Secondary school, and then to the Shi`a College.
Afterwards he attended Lucknow University, Lucknow. Subsequently he obtained B.Com, L.L.B. and became Advocate. In the year 1973, he married to Chand Farhana and the couple has two daughters and two sons.
While studying in the Shi`a College, Razi joined the student union and became its President. In the Lucknow University, during graduation he was elected as the President of the Commerce Association.
In the year 1969, he joined the U.P. Youth Congress and by 1971, he became the head of the Youth Congress. He persisted to lead the Congress untill 1973.
In the year 1980, he was elected as the member of Rajya Sabha and remained in the post till 1985. He also became the General Secretary of the U.P. Congress committee from 1980-84.
He held the post of Joint Secretary All India Congress during 1885-1988 and also served as the Minister of Education & Muslim Awaqaf U.P. Govt. Since 1985, he holds the post of member of All India Congress Committee.
From July 1988 to Dec. 1988, he held the position of Vice Chairman, U.P. Institutional Finance Corporation, U.P. Govt. From 1888 to 1992, he served a second term in the Rajya Sabha and served a third term from 1992-1998.
He has served as the Director Associated Journals Ltd., Publisher of National Herald, Quzmi Awaz and Navjeevan from 1988 to 1995. During 1992-94 he was the Member of Executive Committee, CPP.
- Chairman Joint Select Committee of Parliament on copy Right Amendment bill in 1993 –1993
- Chairman Joint Standing Committee of Parliament attached to the Ministry of Science & Technology, Environment and Forest. –1993-95
- Deputy Leader Congress Party in Parliament — 1993-95
- Vice Chairman, Rajya Sabha ( Panel of Presiding Officers) — 1993-95
- Union Minister of State, Home Affairs –1995-96
- Chairman Sarvodaya Degree College, Salon Dist. Rai Bareli — since 1999
- Member, one of the NGO`s delegations to Human Rights Commission at Jeneva -2000-01
- Vice President U.P. Congress Committee — 2000-02
- Spokesperson All India Congress Committee — Oct.2002 – July 2004
- Member Aligarh Muslim University Court — since 2002
- Member Executive Council Maulana Azad Urdu University, Hyderabad — since 2002
- Served as observer of many elections on behalf on the party including leader of Legislative Parties of various State
During 14 years, he has experience in working as the member with many Parliamentary Committees like Consultative Committee-External Affairs, Subordinate Legislative Committee, Public Undertaking Committee and Consultative Committee-Petroleum & Natural Gas.