About IIT Delhi MS Research
The MS (Research) program is a special research-oriented Masters programme offered to students who are interested in exploring in-depth research problems in any area of computer science.
The emphasis is on conducting original research and writing a thesis of publishable quality. Interested students who have demonstrated excellence in their academic performance and research potential may convert to the Ph. D. program. There are currently a handful of students in this program.
Applicants to this program are expected to have excellent backgrounds in computer science. Since the program is a research program, the candidates are typically expected to be superior in training and academic performance to students admitted to the M. Tech. program.
The main differences with the M. Tech. program are :
1. The MS (R) program has 40 credits of research to 20 credits of course work versus a 20-40 breakup in the M. Tech program.
2. There are no fixed core courses. Instead each individual student is advised on courses to take based on their research interests and background.
3. Full-time students are expected to identify their thesis advisor by the end of their first semester, and begin research in the second semester.
Students are provided laboratory and infrastructure facilities similar to that of Ph.D. scholars. We endeavour to provide financial support at Master’s level stipends to all GATE-qualified full-time students. Full-time students not resident in Delhi are given priority in allotment of hostel accommodation.
While the MS(Research) programme is currently small in numbers, faculty tend to consider it more prestigious than the M. Tech. programme. Candidates are encouraged to consider conversion to Ph.D.
IIT Delhi MS Programs :
- Applied Mechanics
- Amar Nath & Shashi Khosla School of Information Technology
- Bharti School Of Telecommunication Technology and Management
- Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering