Interview – Writing the ResumeInterview Technique »
Writing the Resume for Interview
The last, but not necessarily the least important, part of the personality test is the writing of the resume of the interview. At the end of the interview, the board directs the candidate to proceed to an adjoining room and write down within 10 or 15 minutes, a brief resume of the interview. In the room where the candidate is required to write the resume, there is usually an official present and the candidate is provided with necessary papers and writing materials. He is to complete writing the resume and hand it over to the official or drop it in the box provided for the purpose in the same room.
Obviously the object of the resume is to serve as a confirmatory aid. It may carry some marks separately or the board may firm up its total marks after perusing the resume. It will also given an aid to the board as the candidate’s ability to remember facts and select the meat will also be put to test. Therefore, it is important for the candidate to pay sufficient attention to this aspects of the test also. In particular, the following points deserve special attention:
- Since it is to be completed within 10 to 15 minutes, the candidate would be expected to write between 160 to 200 words. He should not exceed the time – limit provided.
- He is not to refer to the greetings and other preliminaries.
- He can first jot down the important topics. By recalling to his mind the questions put by each member, he can arrange them in the chronological order.
- The resume is to be in the form of a narrative and not in the question and answer form. The candidate is required to give the gist and repeat verbatim the conversation that look place.
- The resume should be factful. If all points cannot be covered, the most important ones only need be recorded. But the resume should not contain anything which did not transpire at the interview.
- The candidate should not hazard any opinions or draw conclusions but confine himself to reporting the facts exactly and accurately.
- The Chairman and Members of the Board are not to be referred independently with regard to the questions asked or observations made. The candidate should only refer to the Board as a whole.
- It is always better to use simple words and confine oneself to short and crisp sentences.
- After practice Interview sessions, the candidate should also practice writing resume and again sufficient experience in that art.
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.