|JNVST 2018 Question Bank CD -|
|Eligibility||Exam Scheme||Application Form||Selection Procedure||Result||Question Bank|
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test – 2018
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test ( JNVST ) conducts entrance test for the admission to Class – VI in JNVs for the academic session 2018 – 19.
On Saturday, the 10th February, 2018 at 11:30 AM in the State of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh ( except Dibang Valley & Tawang Districts ), Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh ( except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts ), Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, & West Bengal ( except Darjeeling ), Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep and Pudducherry.
On Sunday, the 8th April, 2018 at 11:30 AM in the States of Jammu and Kashmir ( except Leh, Kargil & Doda ), Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Uttrakhand and in the Districts of Dibang Valley and Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the Districts of Chamba, Kullu, Mandi, Sirmour of Himachal Pradesh, in the District of Darjeeling of West Bengal.
On Saturday, the 9th June, 2018 at 11:30 AM in the Districts of Leh, Kargil & Doda of J&K State and in the District of Kinnaur, Shimla and Lahaul & Spiti of Himachal Pradesh State.
JNVST Reservation of Seats 2018
- At least 75% of the seats in a district are filled by candidates selected from rural areas and remaining seats are filled from urban areas of the district.
- Reservation of seats in favour of children belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes is provided in proportion to their population in the concerned district provided that no district, such reservation will be less than the national average ( 15% for SC and 7.5% for ST ) but subject to maximum of 50% for both the categories ( SC & ST ) taken together. These reservations are interchangeable and over and above the candidates selected under open merit.
- One third of the total seats are filled up by girls.
- There is a provision for reservation of 3% seats for ** Divyang children ( i.e. Orthopedically Handicapped, Hearing Impaired and Visually Handicapped ).
** “Blindness refers” to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions namely :
- Total absence of sight; (or)
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 ( snellen ) in the better eye with correcting lenses; (or)
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
** “Hearing Impairment” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
** “Locomotor disability” means disability of the bones joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
** “Person with disability” means a person suffering from not less than forty percent of any disability as certified by a medical authority.
JNVST Lateral Entry Test for Class IX 2018
Applications are invited for admission to Class IX of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas of the District, against the vacant seats, which are likely to be available during the academic year 2018 – 19.
The admission is through an All India Test to be conducted on 19th May, 2018 ( Saturday ) at 10.00 hrs. in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the district concerned. The medium of test is English / Hindi.
JNVST Admission to Class IX against Vacant Seats
In order to optimally utilize the infrastructure and facilities available in these Vidyalayas, it has been decided by the Samiti to fill the vacant seats in Class IX through an All India level Admission Test.
JNVST Class 9th Lateral Entry Reservation
The existing vacant seats in the SC / ST category as notified are reserved for the SC / ST students. For vacancy position, website of NVS(HQ) may be referred.