|Home|| Results|| Counselling|
BHU 2017 Law Entrance Exam
Banaras Hindu University invites ( BHU ) invites admission Application for 3 year LLB, 5 year BA LLB ( Hons ) UG programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
BHU 2017 Course :
|Course Name||Location||Intake||Course Code|
|LL.B. ( Hons. ) ( Bachelor of Laws )||Main Campus ( Male & Female )||-||230||151|
|B.A. LL.B. ( Hons )||Main Campus ( Male & Female )||30||60||137|
|Note : The B.A. LL.B. ( Hons. ) course runs at Main Campus, Faculty of Law under Special Courses of Studies with the fee structure of Rs.60,000 per annum. In addition, a student would be required to pay the regular fee component prescribed for the course. Minimum/ Maximum no. of seats are 30 / 60.|
BHU 2017 Law Eligibility Criteria
BHU LLB :
- B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. / Shastri ( at least 10+2+3 pattern ) securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final (degree) mark sheet OR any other Degree under at least 10+2+3 pattern recognized by the Bar Council of India for the purpose of admission to LL.B. Course securing a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate considering all the subjects in the three years ( aggregate being calculated as mentioned above ).
Note : As per directive of the Bar Council of India, the candidates who have obtained 10+2 or Graduation / Post-graduation through open Universities system directly without having any basic qualifications for prosecuting such studies are not eligible for admission in Law Courses ).
Age : Not to be more than 30 years on 1st July, 2017 ( applicant should be born on or after 1st July, 1987 ).
No. of Seats : Faculty of Law ( 230 M&F )
BA LLB ( Hons ) :
- Applicant who has successfully completed / is appearing in Senior Secondary School ( 10+2 ) or equivalent ( Such as 11+1, “A” level in Senior School Leaving Certificate course ) examination from a recognized University of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the Government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the course.
- However, the applicant who have obtained 10+2 through open Universities System directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such studies shall not be eligible for admission to 5-year B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) Course. Minimum marks in qualifying examination for admission not below 50% of total marks in case of General category applicants, 45% in case of OBCs and 40% in case of SCs & STs applicant.
Age : Not to be more than 20 years on 1st July, 2017 ( applicant should be born on or after 1st July, of 1997 ) for General Category applicants and 22 years on 1st July 2017 in case of applicants from SC / ST and Backward Communities ( applicant should be born on or after 1st July, 1995 )
No. of Seats : Faculty of Law ( M&F; Minimum 30 and Maximum 60 )
BHU 2017 Law Exam Pattern
For LLB :
There shall be one Paper of 120 minutes ( Two hours ) duration carrying 450 marks containing 150 multiple-choice questions. These questions shall be based on General Awareness and Current Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude and Mental Ability. The Paper will also include two sets of multiple choice questions on Language comprehension, one each in Hindi and English, where the candidate is required to answer either the Hindi language set or the English language set but not both.
For BA LLB :
There shall be one Paper of 120 minutes ( Two hours ) duration carrying 450 marks containing 150 multiple-choice questions. These questions shall be based on General Awareness and Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude and Mental Ability. The Paper will also include multiple choice questions on English comprehension.
BHU 2017 Online Application Form
The University has created its Entrance Test Portal with the domain name www.bhuonline.in. Its link is also available on the BHU website ( www.bhu.ac.in ). The entire process of making an application for admission in various courses during the academic session 2017 – 2018 has been made ONLINE. Accordingly, candidates may note that UET 2017 Information Bulletin and Application Form will not be sold ( as there will be no offline mode ) and the candidates desirous of admissions shall be required to register on the Entrance Test portal of BHU and fill up the application form ONLINE as per procedure provided on the Portal. For further details visit the BHU website ( www.bhu.ac.in ) or the entrance test portal of BHU ( www.bhuonline.in ).
Application Processing / Entrance Test Fee :
The Candidate shall pay the following Application Processing Fee / Entrance Test fee
|SC / ST / PC||Others|
|All courses ( mentioned in this Bulletin ) - Except Shastri ( Hons. )||250/-||500/-|
|Shastri ( Hons.)||100/-||200/-|
|SC: Schedule Caste / ST: Schedule Tribe / PC: Physically Challenged|
Mode of Payment of Application Processing / Entrance Test Fee :
Candidate is required to fill up the UET 2017 Application Form ONLINE as the printed Information Bulletin-cum-Application Form will not be sold by the University. After the candidate has filled up the application form online, he / she will have following options for
payment of Application Processing / Entrance Test Fee :
- Online payment through credit card / debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance test portal.
- Payment of Entrance Test Fee in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank ( facility will be available only during banking hours on any banking day ): After filling up the application form, its submission and selecting this mode for payment, the candidate can print the Challan from the entrance test portal. The printout of challan will contain all necessary details of the candidate, bank account details of the Banaras Hindu University in which the entrance test fee will be deposited and the exact amount to be deposited. The candidate will be required to visit any branch of the HDFC Bank of his / her choice ( only during banking hours on any banking day ) where he / she will be required to deposit the requisite Fee amount to the Bank.
The Application Form once submitted with the Application Processing / Entrance Test Fee at concessional rate meant for SC / ST candidate shall be considered under SC / ST Category.
The Application Processing / Entrance Test Fee paid shall neither be refunded nor transferred to another course and shall also not be reserved for any subsequent year, in any case.
BHU 2017 Law Admit Card
- Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the BHU Entrance Test Portal ( www.bhuonline.in ) around one week prior to date of conduct of test providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
- E-mail / SMS alert regarding loading of Admit Card will also be sent on the email id/mobile phone number registered by the candidate. Therefore, the candidates are advised to give correct e-mail addresses / mobile phone numbers for correspondence while filling up the online application form.
- If a candidate is unable to download the Admit Card till 03 days before the date of the Test, he/she should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi on Help Desk Phone No. 08574587668 and help desk email id. available on Entrance Test Portal.
- The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card received by him / her for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate should inform the Office of the Controller of Examinations immediately. No consideration will be given, if discrepancies are not pointed out timely.
- A passport size photograph be affixed ( same passport size photograph which has been used for online submission ) in the space provided on the printout of the Admit Card under self-attestation.
The Test will be held at the following Centres, provided there are sufficient number of candidates for the concerned Centre :
|Rajiv Gandhi South Campus – Barkachha, Mirzapur|
BHU 2017 Admission Procedure
The admission of a candidate in a course will be done only when he / she satisfies all the eligibility requirements, appears in the UET, qualifies in the Entrance Test and completes all formalities required for admission in the course. The admissions shall be made strictly on the basis of merit index in the UET, availability of seats in the course, as per rules given in this Information Bulletin and rules framed by the University from time to time.
The admission process will begin after the declaration of UET results. The admission will be done by the Admission Committees of the respective departments. The concerned Head of the Department / Coordinator will issue electronic call letters to the candidates for Counseling. As soon as the electronic call letters are issued, the shortlisted candidates may “Login‟ on the Candidate‟ segment of the Entrance Test Portal [ www.bhuonline.in ] for downloading the call letter. Information on issue of Call Letter will be sent to the candidate‟s on their registered e-mail ids/ mobile numbers. Therefore the candidates are advised to give correct e-mail addresses/mobile number for correspondence. Candidates may also note that there will be no postal dispatch of call letter. The number of call letters will be nearly two-four times the number of seats available in the course. Admission is based strictly on merit index obtained in the Entrance Test.
Note : Sometimes there may be technical reasons for non-delivery of e-mails / SMSs to candidates, therefore, candidates are advised to visit BHU‟s Entrance Test Portal (www.bhuonline.in) everyday after the entrance test results have been declared to have detailed information on counselling schedule, downloading call letters, offer of admission, payment of fee etc.
BHU 2017 Important Dates
|1||Availability of UET 2017 ONLINE Form on the Entrance Test Portal||2nd February, 2017|
|2||Last date for ONLINE submission of Application Forms||4th March, 2017|
|3||BHU 2017 Entrance Exam ( B.A. LL.B )||17th May, 2017|
|4||BHU 2017 Entrance Exam ( LL.B )||31st May, 2017|