CLAT Online Application Format 2016
CLAT 2016 Question Bank CD -
CLAT 2016 Online Application Format
Please click here to view information about CLAT Application Form
1. Registration for CAPS 2016 :
A candidate who wishes to apply for CLAT 2016 examination is required to register on the CAPS website, by providing his / her name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password. Please note that Name of the Candidate, Date of birth, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Email Address and Mobile Number (10 digits) cannot be changed at the later stage; hence they must be carefully verified and confirmed before submission. For registration, the candidate is required to follow the following steps
- The candidates is required to click on “Register yourself” and fill his name as it appears in the ID Proof. The ID proof is required to be produced at the Entrance of the Examination Venue. The Candidate is required to fill parents’ name and date of birth carefully.
- The candidate is required to fill an E-mail address which he / she uses and checks frequently, as all communications to the candidate from CLAT 2016 will be sent to this E-mail address. The candidate must not use somebody else’s E-mail address and only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address.
- The candidate should provide his / her personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing CAPS User ID and Password will be sent to the E-mail address and Mobile number provided by the candidate.
After when User Id and Password is received, Candidate can apply online by logging into his LOGIN account. A Candidate can LOGIN by clicking on “Registered User ID”, and login with User ID and Password sent to him on his registered email ID. Candidate is required to keep the following information ready :
- Personal information ( name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number etc. )
- Address for Communication ( including PIN code )
- Choice of CLAT Examination Cities
- Good quality front facing photograph of the Candidate with clear lenses ( 30mm x 45 mm ) (size not more than 100 KB, jpg / jpeg format ) and Signature of the candidate ( maximum 100KB in jpg/jpeg format )
- Scanned copy of PDF / JPEG files of supporting documents of Category / SAP Certificate / Domicile Certificate in PDF format only ( if applicable ), Scribe Declaration form in case of SAP Candidates ; For details, please refer to ‘supporting documents’ )
Candidates are required to convert grade / CGPA ( if any ) into percentage and ensure that they fulfil eligibility criteria for appearing in CLAT – 2016.
Candidates are also required to fill their preferences for all National Law Universities at the time of filling online application form.
After filling in the required information, the candidate has to upload the image files ( in JPEG format ) of photograph and signature. Scanned copies of SC / ST and / or SAP certificates / state domicile ( in PDF format ), Scribe Declaration form in case of SAP candidates are also to be uploaded, if applicable.
The CAPS website allows for saving a partially filled application form, logout and resume filling in by logging in again. Do not SUBMIT the application until it is filled completely. Incomplete applications shall not be considered.
The candidate can now proceed to make the application fee payment. The details of the application fee are given below in “Payment of the Application Fee” section.
The candidate should check for the correctness of the entered information and uploaded documents. If not satisfied, he / she can correct the entries and upload the files again. After ensuring that there is no error in the application form and all the relevant and valid documents are uploaded, the candidate must carefully read the declaration and accept the declaration before submitting the application. Once the candidate submits his / her application, then no further changes can be made to the application. After the application form is submitted, the candidate can view the submitted details.
Any application which is incomplete in any respect and does not have the required valid documents will be summarily rejected. The candidates must take care to fill in the details in the application form correctly and must upload the correct and valid documents, including signatures and photographs.
The candidates are advised to visit the ‘FAQ’ section on the CLAT website. For any additional queries candidates can email or call CLAT helpdesk.
3. Payment of the Application Fee for CLAT 2016:
|SC / ST Category||₹ 3,500/-
|Unreserved / SAP / OBC / any other category||₹ 4,000/-|
*The application fee can be paid either Online or through Challan, Additional bank charges may apply for the above transactions. The application fee is non refundable.
Online Payment Mode:
- If a candidate chooses to pay through online payment mode, then he/she will be able to make the payment using his / her net – banking account, debit or credit cards. The charges may vary depending on the payment option.
- From the CLAT Online Application Interface, you will be redirected to a bank you choose.
- You will have to login with your bank’s Netbanking ( or Internet Banking ) user ID and password.
- The fee amount and bank charges will be shown to you, and you have to confirm that the payment is for CLAT- 2016.
- Once you confirm, you will be redirected back to the CLAT Online Application Interface.
Offline Payment Mode ( Bank Challan ) :
In case the candidate chooses the challan payment mode, then a challan will be generated ( as PDF file ). The candidate has to take the printout of the challan and the payment should be made in cash at the ICICI branch latest by 28th March, 2016.
- If candidate has chosen offline payment option while filling the application form, he / she will be provided with a copy of the challan in duplicate ( PDF file ) with filled in details. Candidate is required to print it out on an A4 paper and then fill in a few more details such as date and signature.
- Candidate is then required to submit the Challan in nearest ICICI Branch and deposit fee in ICICI bank. There is no need to have an account in than bank / branck
- The bank teller will verify the details printed on the challan with the data available at the bank and then accept the payment.
- The bank will retain one copy and give you back the applicant copy for your reference.
- The bank will retain one copy and give back the another copy to the candidate which he / she has to retain for reference.
- The application fee amount and the bank charges for the challan option will be shown to the candidate and he / she has to confirm that the payment is for CLAT 2016.
4. Downloading the CLAT 2016 Application Form
After CAPS acknowledges the successful payment of the application fee ( through Online / Challan ), the candidate will be able to download the complete filled in application form with fee payment details in PDF format. This file can be printed for the candidate’s personal records and for further communications. Print out of the form is not required to be sent to CLAT office.
On the submission of application form, message will appear that the candidate has successfully submitted the application for CLAT 2016.
The candidate must remember CAPS User ID and CAPS password, and must login periodically to see the status of his application, to download the admit card and to know the results later. He / she is also advised to keep visiting CLAT website for updates and other information.
Document Specifications :
Photograph Requirements :
- The candidates must pay attention to upload good quality photographs. Poor quality of photographs submitted will lead to rejection of their CLAT application, without any refund of the application fees. The CLAT admit card and score card will be generated with the photograph that was submitted along with the application form
- The photograph must be in color and must be taken in a professional studio.
- Ask the photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 30mm x 45 mm print ( Width x Height ).
- Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG : 480 x 640 ( 100 KB ) ( Ask the studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher ).
- File size should be less than or equal to 100 KB.
- Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG : 240 x 320.
- Photograph must be taken with white or very light background.
- The photograph must have been taken on or after 1st January 2016.
- In the photograph, the height of the face ( between chin and the top of the forehead ) should occupy about 50% of the height of the photograph
- If the candidate normally wears spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in his / her photo. Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses for the photo shoot.
- The candidate must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
Signature Specifications :
- Please draw a rectangular box of size 7 cm × 2 cm ( Width x Height ) on an A4 white paper. The candidate should put his / her signature with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- Get the signature digitally image scanned by a professional using a scanner, and get the image cropped to the box by the professional.
- Maintain 420 pixels in width and 120 pixels in height and of maximum 80 KB size.
- Only JPEG image formats will be accepted.
- The maximum pixel resolution for the image is 560 × 160
- The minimum pixel resolution for the image is 280 × 80.
- Photographs of the signatures taken using mobile phone or digital cameras are not acceptable, and can result in disqualification of the application without any refund of the fee.
SC / ST Certificate
Applicants who claim to be in any of the category SC / ST have to submit valid document issued by competent authority, to qualify for the reduced fee.
1. For SAP candidates with any category of disability ( viz., blindness or low vision, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, and / or cerebral palsy ), benefit will be given to only those who have at least 40% permanent physical impairment with respect to a body part / system / extremity / whole body, etc. In order to avail concession under the SAP category, the candidates should upload a recently obtained valid SAP certificate.
2. A SAP candidate, if needed, can take the assistance of a Scribe during the CLAT 2016 examination. Scribe is a person who can assist the SAP candidate by ONLY reading the instructions and the test paper displayed on the computer screen verbatim, and also in mouse-clicks, if the candidate is not able to do so. If the scribe is needed, then a SAP candidate should confirm the requirement of a scribe while filling up the application.
SAP candidates are required to fill in declaration form from the Scribe and upload the same.
- Candidates are advised to check that they fulfil eligibility conditions, requisite marks, requisite grades etc as stipulated in CLAT rules. CLAT office and organising University shall not be responsible for any inconvenience or loss caused.
- Appearing in CLAT-2016 does not confer on any candidate right to admission. Admission is subject to verification of documents, minimum qualifications and other eligibility conditions prescribed in CLAT rules.
CLAT 2016 Navigation : CLAT 2016 Online Application Format, CLAT 2016 Exam Pattern, CLAT 2016 Exam Centers , CLAT 2016 Counselling Schedule, CLAT 2016 Results, CLAT 2015 Availability of Application Form, CLAT 2015 Application Available Bank Branches, CLAT 2015 Application Bank Branches, CLAT 2016 Application Form, CLAT 2016 Entrance Exam, CLAT Entrance Exam Preparation Question Bank CD
CLAT Related : CLAT 2016, CLAT 2016 Online Application Form, CLAT 2016 Online Application Filling Details, CLAT Online Application Format 2016, CLAT 2016 Online Registration Form, How to Fill for CLAT 2016, CLAT 2016 Online Application Steps, CLAT 2016 Online Application Form Instructions, CLAT 2016 Online Application Process, CLAT 2016 Registration Procedure, CLAT 2016 Apply Online, CLAT 2016 Online Application Fill Up, CLAT 2016 Online Application Form Status, CLAT 2016 Exam Online Application Form, CLAT 2016 Online Payment, CLAT 2016 Application Filling Process, CLAT 2016 Online Application Details, Common Law Admission Test Online Application Format 2016, CLAT 2016 Question Paper, CLAT 2016 Question Paper Download,
CLAT Online Application Format 2016 – CLAT Online Application Form Instructions 2016 – CLAT Online Application Form Steps 2016 – CLAT Online Application Form Fill Up 2016.
Posted In law entrance exams : clat : Leave a response for clat online application format 2016 by vennila