CLAT Online Application Format 2016
CLAT 2015 Question Bank CD -
CLAT 2016 Online Application Format
How to Apply for CLAT 2016
Candidates can apply for CLAT 2016 ONLINE only. Please read the details given below before starting the online application process.
CAPS ( CLAT online Application Processing System )
The candidates can do most of their interactions with CLAT through the CAPS interface provided at CLAT 2016 website. Through CAPS, a candidate can register and apply for CLAT 2016, check the status of the application, download of admit card, know the result and download of score card, etc.
An online interface is provided for most of applicant’s interaction with the CLAT office. With this interface an applicant can
- Do Registration using “New User Register here”
- Fill the online application form
- Upload photograph and signature and other documents like graduation certificate / certificate from principle, caste certificate ( if applicable ) etc.
- Pay the application fee through net-banking
- Check the Status of your application form: Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status,
- Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download, etc.
- Download Admit Card.
- View your Marks and CLAT score.
- Indicate University-wise preference (form 21st-25th May, 2016) and payment of counseling fee.
The login to this interface is through your CAPS Registration ID and a CAPS password. the Keep this information safe and do not disclose it to anyone.
Please click here to view information about CLAT Application Form
1. Registration for CAPS 2016 :
A candidate who wishes to apply for CLAT 2016 examination must first register on the CAPS website, by providing his / her name, a valid E-mail address, a working mobile number and a password. Please note that Name of the Candidate, Email Address and Mobile Number ( 10 digits ) cannot be changed in
the later stage; hence they must be carefully verified and confirmed before submission.
- The candidate must give the name as it appears in the 10th certificates.
- The candidate must give an E-mail address that he / she uses and checks frequently, as all communications to the candidate from CLAT 2016 will be sent to this E-mail address. The candidate must not use somebody else’s E-mail address and only one candidate can be registered with one E-mail address.
- The candidate should provide his / her personal mobile number because most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
- The password that the candidate provides should be chosen so that it cannot be guessed easily by others and this CAPS password must not be forgotten by the candidate as he / she will require it to login to the CAPS website.
Upon successful registration, an E-mail containing your CAPS enrolment ID will be sent to the E-mail address provided by the candidate. The enrolment ID will also be sent to the mobile number provided by the candidate. The candidate needs to use this CAPS enrolment ID along with the CAPS password for all CLAT 2016 related communications or website operations.
2. Filling the CLAT 2016 Online Application Form :
Information / Document Requirements before filling online Application Form Before registering and logging in to CAPS, a candidate is advised to keep the following information /documents ready :
- Personal information ( name, E-mail address, mobile number, date of birth, parent’s name, etc. )
- Address for Communication ( including PIN code )
- Choice of CLAT Examination Cities
- High quality image of your photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Photograph Requirements.
- Good quality image of your signature conforming to the requirements specified in Signature Specifications.
- Scanned copy of proof of Date of birth (Birth certificate, X standard certificate or Passport)
- High quality image ( in .jpeg format, size 100KB ) of the candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified in Photograph Requirements
- Scanned copy of PDF/JPEG files of supporting documents of Category / PWD Certificate/State Domicile etc. in pdf format only (if applicable) (max file size: per file 180 KB; see more details below in section ‘supporting documents’)
After filling in the required information, the candidate has to upload the image files ( in .jpeg format ) of photograph and signature. Scanned copies of SC / ST and / or PWD certificates / state domicile ( in .pdf format ) are also to be uploaded, if applicable.
The CAPS website allows for saving a partially filled application form, logout and resume filling in by logging in again.
The candidate should check for the correctness of the entered information and uploaded documents. If not satisfied, he / she can correct the entries and upload the files again. After ensuring that there is no error in the application form and all the relevant and valid documents are uploaded, the candidate must carefully read the declaration and accept the declaration before submitting the application. Once the candidate submits his / her application, and then no further changes can be made to the applicat ion. After the application form is submitted, the candidate can view the submitted details.
3 : Payment of the Application Fee for CLAT 2016:
After the application form is submitted, the candidate can proceed to make the application fee payment. The application fee is Non-refundable / Non-adjustable. All candidates have to apply ONLINE. Details of the application fee and the steps in the application process are given below.
|Unreserved / OBC / PWD / any other category||₹ 4,000/-
|SC / ST||₹ 3,500/-|
Terms & Conditions, Refund and Cancellation Policy :
1. The application fee can be paid either online or through Bank Challan ( Offline mode ).
2. The application fee will be Non-refundable / Non-adjustable.
3. Additional bank charges may apply for the above transactions.
Online Payment Mode:
If a candidate chooses to pay through online payment mode, then he/she will be able to make the payment using his / her Net-banking account, debit or credit cards, until April, 2016. The bank charges may vary depending on the payment option.
1. From the CLAT Online Application Interface, you will be redirected to a bank you choose.
2. You will have to login with your bank‟s Net-banking (or Internet Banking) user ID and password (in case of Net Banking) and credit / debit card number, CVV, Expiry Date and 3-D secure pin/password ( in case of credit / debit card).
3. The fee amount and bank charges will be shown to you, and you have to confirm that the payment is for CLAT 2016.
4. Once you confirm, you will be redirected back to the CLAT Online Application Interface.
5. If you have some difficulty ( due to internet connection or power failure ), and you are not sure if you have made the payment, please login back to CLAT Online Application Interface and check the status of the payment after 24 hrs. and incase the payment is still not updated, you may initiate a fresh payment from the CLAT Online Interface, even without waiting for the money to be credited back to your account, so that your application is submitted to CLAT office on time. You may also switch to offline Challan payments if need be. You can also check the status in your bank.
6. In case of some difficulty ( due to internet connection or power failure ), and the candidate is not sure whether the payment has been processed or not, then he/she may login back to CAPS and check the status of the payment. It can also be checked from the bank / card.
7. In case the fee amount has been debited from the bank account / debit card / credit card, and CAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment even after 24 hrs. then the money will be credited back to your account / debit card / credit card within three working days. In such a case, you may initiate a fresh payment using CAPS, even without waiting for the money to be credited back to the account / debit card / credit card, so that the application can be completed on time.
Offline Payment Mode ( Bank Challan ) :
In case the candidate chooses the challan payment mode, then a challan will be generated (as a .pdf file).
The candidate has to take the printout of the challan and the payment should be made in cash at any ICICI BANK branch latest by 31st March, 2016.
1. If you had chosen offline payment option while filling in the form, you will be provided with a copy of the challan ( PDF file ) with your details filled in. You have to take printout on an A4 paper, and have to fill in a few more details such as date and signature.
2. You may take the challan to any branch of ICICI BANK and make application fees payment in cash. You do not need to have an account in that branch.
3. The bank teller will verify the details printed on the challan with the data available at the bank and then accept the payment.
4. The bank will retain one copy and give you back the applicant copy for your reference.
5. The application fee amount and the bank charges for the challan option will be shown to the candidate and he/she has to confirm that the payment is for CLAT 2016.
6. The candidates opting for offline fee payment through Bank Challan are advised to complete the form filling latest by 30th March, 2016 in order to ensure that the payment through Bank Challan is completed latest by April, 2016 during banking hours. No payment shall be accepted either through online or offline mode after April, 2016.
4 : Downloading the CLAT 2016 Application Form
After CAPS acknowledges the successful payment of the application fee ( through Online / Challan ), the candidate will be able to download the complete filled in application form with fee payment details in .pdf
format. This file can be printed for the candidate’s personal records and for further communications. With the submission of application form and CAPS acknowledging the successful fee payment, the candidate has successfully submitted the application for CLAT 2016.
The candidate must remember CAPS Application No. and CAPS password, and must login periodically to see the status of his application, to download the admit card and to know the results later.
He / she is also advised to keep visiting CLAT 2016 website for any query or updated information.
Photograph and Signature Specifications :
The candidates must pay attention to upload good quality photographs. Poor quality of photographs submitted will lead to rejection of their CLAT application, without any refund of the application fees. The CLAT admit card and score card will be generated with the photograph that was submitted along with the application form.
- The photograph must be in color and must be taken in a professional studio..
- Ask the photo studio to provide the image in a JPEG format and also on a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm print ( Width x Height ).
- Maximum pixel resolution for JPEG : 480 x 640 (.03 Mega Pixel) (Ask the studio to reduce it to this resolution if it is higher).
- File size should be between 5KB and 100KB.
- Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG : 240 x 320.
- Photograph must be taken with white or very light background.
- The photograph must have been taken after 1st January 2016.
- In the photograph, the height of the face (between chin and the top of the forehead) should occupy about 50% of the height of the photograph.
- If the candidate normally wears spectacles, glare on glasses is not acceptable in his/her photo.
- Glare can be avoided with a slight downward tilt of the glasses or by removing the glasses for the photo shoot.
- The candidate must not wear spectacles with dark or tinted glasses, only clear glasses are permitted.
Desired Signature Specifications :
- Please draw a rectangular box of size 7 cm × 2 cm (Width x Height) on an A4 white paper. The candidate should put his / her signature with black or dark blue ink pen within this box.
- Get the signature digitally image scanned by a professional using a scanner, and get the image cropped to the box by the professional.
- Maintain 420 pixels in width and 120 pixels in height.
- File size should be between 5KB and 100KB.
- Only JPEG image formats will be accepted.
Other Documentary Specifications
OBC / SC / ST Certificate
1. Applicants who claim to be in any of the category like OBC / SC / ST / PWD etc. have to submit valid document issued by competent authority, to qualify for the reduced fee and candidates who are seeking admission against the All India/State reserved category seats must bring upload All India / State Reservation Certificate. The reservation certificate must be in the name of candidate seeking admission.
1. For PWD candidates with any category of disability ( viz., blindness or low vision, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, and/or cerebral palsy), benefit will be given to only those who have at least 40% permanent physical impairment with respect to a body part/system/extremity/whole body, etc. In order to avail concession under the PWD category, the candidates should upload a recently obtained valid PWD certificate.
2. A PWD candidate, if needed, can take the assistance of a Scribe during the CLAT 2016 examination. Scribe is a person who can assist the PWD candidate by ONLY reading the instructions and the test paper displayed on the computer screen verbatim, and also in mouse-clicks, if the candidate is not able to do so. If the scribe is needed, then a PWD candidate should confirm the requirement of a scribe while filling up the application.
CLAT 2016 Navigation : CLAT 2016 Online Application Format, CLAT 2016 Exam Pattern, CLAT 2016 Exam Centers , CLAT 2016 Counselling Schedule, CLAT 2016 Results, CLAT 2015 Availability of Application Form, CLAT 2015 Application Available Bank Branches, CLAT 2015 Application Bank Branches, CLAT 2016 Application Form, CLAT 2016 Entrance Exam, CLAT Entrance Exam Preparation Question Bank CD
CLAT Related : CLAT 2016, CLAT 2016 Online Application Form, CLAT 2016 Online Application Filling Details, CLAT Online Application Format 2016, CLAT 2016 Online Registration Form, How to Fill for CLAT 2016, CLAT 2016 Online Application Steps, CLAT 2016 Online Application Form Instructions, CLAT 2016 Online Application Process, CLAT 2016 Registration Procedure, CLAT 2016 Apply Online, CLAT 2016 Online Application Fill Up, CLAT 2016 Online Application Form Status, CLAT 2016 Exam Online Application Form, CLAT 2016 Online Payment, CLAT 2016 Application Filling Process, CLAT 2016 Online Application Details, Common Law Admission Test Online Application Format 2016, CLAT 2016 Question Paper, CLAT 2016 Question Paper Download,
CLAT Online Application Format 2016 – CLAT Online Application Form Instructions 2016 – CLAT Online Application Form Steps 2016 – CLAT Online Application Form Fill Up 2016.
Posted In law entrance exams : clat : Leave a response for clat online application format 2016 by vennila