Common Law Admission Test – CLATLaw Entrance Exam » CLAT »
CLAT 2021 Entrance Exam
Common Law Admission Test ( CLAT ) is a non-statutory body created under a Memorandum of Understanding ( MoU ) for the convenience of the students seeking admission to various National Law Universities in the country. An entrance test is conducted to provide a list of candidates on the basis of ‘merit-cum-preference’ to each University for admission to their Under-Graduate ( UG ) / Post-Graduate ( PG ) programmes, as per the eligibility, reservation and other criteria laid down under the respective statutes of the participating Universities.
Common Law Admission Test 2021
The Common Law Admission Test ( CLAT ), is an all India common entrance examination, conducted on rotational basis by 18 National Law Universities ( NLUs ) for admissions to their UG and PG degree programmes. The 18 participating NLUs in the order of their year of establishment are :
CLAT 2021 Organising University : Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law ( RMLNLU ) Punjab .
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore ( NLSIU )
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad ( NALSAR )
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal ( NLIU )
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata ( WBNUJS )
- National Law University, Jodhpur ( NLUJ )
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur ( HNLU )
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar ( GNLU )
- Dr Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow ( RMLNLU )
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala ( RGNUL )
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna ( CNLU )
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi ( NUALS )
- National Law University, Orissa, Cuttack ( NLUO )
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi ( NUSRL )
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati ( NLUJAA )
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam ( DSNLU )
- Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli ( TNNLS )
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai ( MNLU )
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
CLAT 2021 Program Offered
CLAT 2021 UG Programs
The seventeen NLUs offer five-year integrated Under-Graduate law courses leading to the award of a degree in Law as per their respective nomenclature.
- B.Com.LL.B ( Hons. )
Note : B.A. LL.B. ( Hons. ) is offered by most of the universities, B.Sc. LL.B. ( Hons. ) Course is offered by WBNUJS ( Kolkata ), NLU ( Jodhpur ) and GNLU ( Gandhinagar ). B.B.A. LL.B. ( Hons. ) is offered by NLU ( Jodhpur ), GNLU ( Gandhinagar ), CNLU ( Patna ) and NLUO ( Cuttack ); whereas B.S.W. LL.B. ( Hons. ) and B.Com. LL.B. ( Hons. ) degree courses are offered by GNLU ( Gandhinagar ) alone.
CLAT 2021 PG Programs
- LLM ( 2 Years )
Note : The information of the LL.M. degree course offered at the various NLUs with the duration and the specializations have been provided in detail under the sections of each University. The candidates are also advised to check the websites of respective Universities from time to time to keep themselves updated about the changes in the course structure and other details.
CLAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for UG Program in CLAT 2021
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2021.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination ( i.e., 10+2 ), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty five percent ( 45% ) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved / OBC / Specially Abled Persons ( SAP ) and other categories, and
- Forty Percent ( 40% ) marks in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe ( SC / ST ) categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April, 2021 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2021 online examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination ( i.e., 10+2 ) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component / section on legal aptitude in the CLAT 2021 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Program in CLAT 2021
- The candidates must have Minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination ( i.e. LL.B. / Five-Year Integrated LL.B. ( Hons. ) / any other equivalent exam ) as under:
- Fifty five percent ( 55% ) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved / OBC / Specially Abled Persons ( SAP ) and other categories, and
- Fifty percent ( 50% ) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST category,
- The candidate must have passed / appeared in the final semester/final year examination of the qualifying examination on the date of his / her admission.
- In case of candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination, he / she may submit his / her final result of qualifying examination within the time frame prescribed by the respective University / Institute. Till then such candidates may be given provisional admission.
- In case of equal marks, the breaking of tie shall be by procedure and order as under :
- Higher age;
- Computerized draw of lots.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2021
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.