NUALS 2017 Entrance Exam
NUALS University invites application for the Five Years Integrated BA LLB ( Hons. ) and One year LLM Program in two distinct branches International Trade Law, Constitutional and Administrative Law for the academic year 2017. NUALS Exam is based on CLAT 2017.
NUALS offers One year LL.M. Programme in two distinct branches :
- International Trade Law
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
NUALS 2017 Eligibility Criteria
BA LLB Eligibility :
Admission to the B.A. LL.B. ( Hons. ) Degree course shall be based on the performance in the Common Law Admission Test ( CLAT ).
- The candidate for CLAT shall have passed the Higher Secondary Certificate examination ( 10+2 ) or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with atleast 45% marks.
- Exemption upto 5% from the requirement of the minimum of 45% for the qualifying examination is given to the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe ( SC / ST ) [declared eligible for reservation in the State of Kerala] and upto 3% to the candidates belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes [ declared eligible for reservation in the State of Kerala ]. These categories are allowed to apply for CLAT if they obtain not less than 40 % and 42 % of marks, respectively, in the qualifying examination.
- Students who are appearing for the qualifying examination are allowed to appear for CLAT. However, they should submit the results of the qualifying examination at the time of NAULS admission. If they do not do so, the candidates shall be considered ineligible.
LLM Eligibility :
- A candidate shall have passed the 5 year Integrated BA LLB ( Hons. ) Degree of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies ( NUALS ) or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 55 % of the total marks in the aggregate [ Not less than 50% in the case of SC / ST ( declared eligible for reservation in the State of Kerala) candidates ].
NUALS 2017 Intake and Reservation of Seats
BA LLB Intake :
The intake for the B. A. LL. B. (Hons.) Degree Course for the academic year 2017-18 shall be 60. The seats shall be apportioned as follows :
|Category||Percentage||All India Category Seats||State Merit Category Seats|
|All India Merit||54 %||31||-|
|Specially Abled Persons |
|State Merit ( Kerala )||6%||-||3|
|Scheduled Caste ( Kerala )||8 %||-||5|
|Scheduled Tribe ( Kerala )||2 %||-||1|
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC) [Kerala]||30 %||-||18|
In addition to the above 60 seats, 6 seats are reserved as Supernumerary Quota for NRI Sponsored candidates and 2 seats for Foreign Nationals. The candidates in these categories need not appear for CLAT and they can directly apply to the University in the prescribed format provided in the website. If any seats remain vacant in the NRI Sponsored quota, the same shall be filled from the CLAT 2017 Rank List. If any seat remains vacant in the Foreign Nationals quota, the same shall be filled from the NRI Sponsored quota and in that case, the fees applicable for NRI Sponsored candidates shall be levied. In case NRI Sponsored candidates are not available, other CLAT 2017 ranked candidates shall be considered and in that case, the usual fees shall be levied.
Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Socially and Educationally Backward Classes mean communities as identified and listed as such for admission to professional courses, by the Government of Kerala. List of communities classified by the Government of Kerala as Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Eligible Communities and Backward and Other Backward Classes are given in Annexure I, II, III & IV respectively. The procedure for claiming admission against seats reserved for SC / ST are given in Annexure I A, for Other Eligible Communities in Annexure III A, for Backward and Other Backward Classes in Annexure IV A and State Merit in Annexure V.
SC / ST candidates shall have to produce Community Certificates issued by the competent authorities in the State of Kerala. Candidates seeking admission against the seats reserved for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes shall, in addition to the Community Certificate, produce a Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued by the competent authority in Kerala.
Seats reserved for the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes shall be inter-changeable. In case sufficient candidates are not available for seats reserved for Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, such seats shall be filled up under State merit quota. The seats unavailed by the SC / ST candidates will be filled by Other Eligible Communities ( OEC ) candidates and in case of seats remaining vacant under the Specially Abled Persons ( SAP ) Quota, such seats shall be filled up under All India Merit Quota. Candidates seeking admission against seats reserved for State Merit Quota shall produce ‘Nativity Certificate’ as prescribed by the Government of Kerala for admission to professional courses in the State.
LLM Intake :
The seats shall be apportioned as follows :
|All India Merit||51 %||20|
|Specially Abled Persons (All India)||3%||1|
|State Merit ( Kerala )||6 %||2|
|Scheduled Caste ( Kerala )||8 %||3|
|Scheduled Tribe ( Kerala )||2 %||1|
|Socially and Educationally Backward classes ( SEBC )|
[ Kerala ] #
The apportionment of seats for various categories under the SEBC Quota for the PG Programme is as as follows :
|1||Ezhava, Thiyya, Billava (ETB)||9%||3
|3||Other Backward Hindus (OBH)||3%||1|
|4||Latin Catholic & Anglo Indian (LCAI)||3%||1|
|5||Other Backward Christian (OBX)||1%||1|
|7||Kusavan, Kulalan, Kulala Nair, Kumbharan, Velan, Oadan, Kulala, Andhra Nair, Aanthoor Nair||1%||1|