TS PGLCET 2017 Entrance Exam
Telanganna State Post Graduate Law Common Entrance Test ( TS PGLCET ) invites admission Application for LL.M programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
TS PGLCET 2017 Courses Offered
- LL.M Courses are offered as full-time regular courses in the University Colleges, constituent / PG Colleges of the University and Private Law Colleges affiliated to the Universities.
- The candidates seeking admission into LL.M. ( self-financing ) and LL.M. ( Private Appearance ) also need to qualify in the TSPGLCET 2017
TS PGLCET 2017 Eligibility
Educational qualifications :
- Candidates holding LL.B. / B.L. 3 / 5 y e a r degree on the date of application and candidates who have appeared / appearing for LL.B. / B.L. Final year examination are also eligible.
- A candidate appearing for LLB / BL 3 / 5 year degree final examinations may take the TS PGLCET in anticipation of results. However, he should pass the examination at the time of counseling
- The Candidates seeking admission into LL.M. ( Private Appearance ) of Osmania University, Hyderabad shall have a minimum experience of 3-years as a judicial officer or 3-years standing as an advocate on the date of appearing for TSPGLCET 2017.
Note : Mere appearance in TS PGLCET will not give any right of admission. The candidate should satisfy all the eligibility criteria and should satisfy rules governing admission as are applicable.
Nationality and Domicile :
The candidate should be an Indian National and should satisfy Local / Unreserved status requirement as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions ( Regulation of Admissions ) Order, 1974 and the amendments made there to from time to time.
TS PGLCET 2017 Exam Pattern
Mode of Entrance Test :
- A Single entrance test is conducted for all the courses of LL.M It is of 90 minutes duration and consists of 120 questions of 1 mark each. Part-A consists of 40 questions; and Part -B consists of 80 questions of 1 mark each.
- The candidates have to mark their responses on Optical Mark Reader (OMR ) answer sheet by darkening the relevant ovals with Ball Point Pen.
- Hall Ticket is not transferable. Any tampering of Hall Ticket will automatically lead to the disqualification from appearing at the test and liable for prosecution.
- Candidates are directed to carry to the examination hall a Ball Point Pen ( Blue or Black )
Medium of Entrance Test : The question paper will be in English only.
Hall Tickets and Rank Cards :
The candidates should note that the Hall Tickets and Rank Cards will not be sent by post. They have to download from the website as detailed below:
- The candidates have to download the Hall Tickets from the website lawcet.tsche.ac.in one week before the Test by entering the application Number. Hence, the candidates are advised to note the application number.
- The candidates are also advised to download the Rank Cards from the website www.lawcet.tsche.ac.in one week after the publication of results.
- In case of any difficulty the candidates may contact the office of the TSPGLCET 2017, Phone 0870-2425595 for information.
- TS PGLCET 2017 online application form are given on the website lawcet.tsche.ac.in
TS PGLCET 2017 Application Fees :
Registration fee for submission of the Application for LL.M courses :
- For Other candidates : 600/-
- For SC / ST candidates : 500/-
Last Date for Submission of Application with Late fee :
- 250/- from 19th April, 2017 to 28th April, 2017
- 500/- from 29th April, 2017 to 6th May, 2017
- 1000/-from 7th May, 2017 to 12th May, 2017
- 1500/- from 13th May, 2017 to 15th May, 2017 Candidates have to write the entrance Test in Warangal only
TS PGLCET 2017 Exam Centers
Regional Centres of TS PGLCET Entrance Test
( The Convener reserves the right to cancel any of the above centers, if the applicants for that center are less than 100 only )
TS PGLCET 2017 Syllabus
The candidates are expected to be thorough in all related topics of Jurisprudence, Constitutional law, Public International law, Mercantile law, Labour laws, Crimes and Torts, IPR & other laws apart from the following topics.
Part – A : 40 Questions ( 40 marks )
JURISPRUDENCE : 20 Questions ( 20 marks )
Schools of Jurisprudence – Sources of Law, Custom Precedent and Legislation, Rights and duties – Ownership and Possession, Persons, Obligation, Property, Liability, Legal Sanctions.
CONSTITUTIONAL LAW : 20 Questions ( 20 marks )
Nature of the constitution : Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Executive Judiciary and Legislature, Center-State Relations, Emergency provisions, Amendments to the constitution.
Part – B : 80 Questions ( 80 marks )
PUBLIC INTERNATIONAL LAW : 16 Questions ( 16 marks )
International Law and Municipal Law, Subjects, State Territory, Air, Sea and outer space, Nationality and Statelessness, Extradition, Asylum, State Jurisdiction, United Nations.
MERCANTILE LAW : 16 Questions ( 16 marks )
General Principles of Contract (Sections. 1-75, Indian Contract Act-1872).
LABOUR LAW : 16 Questions ( 16 marks )
Trade Union Act 1926. Industrial Disputes Act 1947.
CRIMES and TORTS : CRIMES : 16 Questions ( 16 marks )
Indian Penal Code -General Principles & General Exceptions. TORTS: General principles of Tort, Defences, Joint liability, State liability for torts; Consumer Protection Act,1986
TS PGLCET 2017 Important Dates
|1||Date of Commencement of submission of online application Forms||18th March, 2017|
|2||Last Date for Submission of Applications without Late fee||18th April, 2017|
|3||Last Date for Submission of Application with Late fee 250/-||19th April, 2017 to 28th April, 2017|
|4||Last Date for Submission of Application with Late fee 500/-||29th April, 2017 to 6th May, 2017|
|5||Last Date for Submission of Application with Late fee 1000/-||7th May, 2017 to 12th May, 2017|
|6||Last Date for Submission of Application with Late fee 1500/- Candidates have to write the entrance Test in Warangal only.||13th May, 2017 to 15th May, 2017|
|7||TS PGLCET 2017 Entrance Exam||27th May, 2017 ( Saturday )|