Army Institute of Management & Technology – AIMT Entrance ExamMBA Entrance Exam » AIMT »
AIMT 2018 Entrance Exam
Army Welfare Education Society ( AWES ) invites applications for admission to MBA Program through CAT 2017 Scores conducted by IIMs for academic session 2018 – 2020.
AIMT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have scored minimum 45% aggregate marks in : Any Bachelor’s Degree of minimum three years recognized by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ). OR
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology or any qualification recognized as equivalent thereto. OR
- Passed the final examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
Candidates who have appeared in Qualifying Examination
Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam ( Graduation Final Year ) are also eligible to apply. However, their admission will be provisional, subject to production of proof of having acquired the minimum prescribed qualification at the time of admission. Students are required to furnish proof of having attained minimum qualification laid down by 15th July 2018, failing which their admission may be cancelled. Affidavit as per appendix 3 of GGSIPU brochure is required to be submitted by all students who do not submit proof of having acquired the minimum prescribed qualification. Compartment / Supplementary cases will be governed by GGSIPU rules.
- On 01st July 2018 the candidate should be below 35 years of age. i.e. candidates born on or after 02nd July 1983 are eligible.
The candidate should be certified by MH / RMO / Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue the course. A certificate to this effect is required to be submitted by the candidate when the candidate joins the Institute.
AIMT 2018 MBA Selection Procedure
Written Test and Selection Process
All candidates are required to appear in any one of the following entrance tests
- Common Admission Test ( CAT ) conducted by Indian Institutes of Management ( IIM ) valid for the academic session 2018-19.
- Management Aptitude Test ( MAT ) conducted by All India Management Association on valid for the academic session 2018-19.
- Common Management Admission Test ( CMAT ) conducted by All India Council for Technical Education valid for the academic session 2018-19.
- Xavier Aptitude Test ( XAT ) conducted by Xavier School of Management valid for the academic session 2018-19.
Those desirous of seeking admission to AIMT, Greater NOIDA are required to obtain the soft copy of both bulletin with application formand the Information Brochure/Prospectus of the Institute. These are required to be submitted beforethe scheduled cut off dates.
Shortlisting of Candidates for Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Results of CAT / MAT / CMAT / XAT will be communicated by the students to the Institute from 30th January 2018 onwards through E-mail. Based on the marks of CAT / MAT / CMAT / XAT, candidates will be short listed for Group Discussion ( GD ) and Personal Interview ( PI ) at AIMT, Greater NOIDA. The list of short-listed candidates will be available before 02nd March 2018. Short-listed candidates for GD & PI will be informed by e-mail. The GD & PI will be scheduled between 30March to 31March 2018.
The candidates will travel and stay under their own arrangements when called for GD & PI. No boarding or travel expenses will be paid to the candidates. We have limited guest room accommodation on nominal payment basis as per availability.
Final merit list
The Final Merit List will be declared by 19th April 2018 The same will also be available at the office of Registrar AIMT and on the Institute website. Final Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the CAT / MAT / CMAT / XAT scores, and GD & PI as per under mentioned weightage
- CAT / MAT / CMAT / XAT Score – 50%
- GD & PI- 50%
Relative Merit in Case of Equal Marks : In case of candidates scoring equal marks in the final merit, the preference will be decided as per the following criteria
- Aggregate Marks of 10+2 Exam. If these are also the same, then,
- Date of Birth. Preference will be given to the younger candidate.