AMU MBA 2017 Entrance Exam
Aligarh Muslim University ( AMU ) invites admission Application for MBA / MBA ( IB ) programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
AMU MBA 2017 Course Details
MBA Course :
|Duration||Study Location||Course Code||Intake|
|4 Semesters||AMU, Aligarh||MBAA||60|
|AMU Center, Malappuram||MBAK||60|
|AMU Center, Murshidabad||MBAW||60|
|AMU Center, Kishanganj||MBAB||60|
MBA IB Course :
AMU MBA 2017 Eligibility
- Bachelors degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
AMU MBA Selection Procedure 2017
Through Admission Test. Admission shall be offered through Counselling. The Total Merit will have the following components :
- Written Test : 200 Marks
- Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion : 50 Marks
Note : Candidates shall be called for Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion on the basis of the performance in the written test. For the candidates who qualify written test, physical presence in the Interview / Aptitude Assessment / Group Discussion is compulsory to become eligible for selection.
AMU MBA 2017 Exam Pattern
AMU entrance exam duration is 3 hours. AMU Exam Paper shall be one objective type paper of 200 marks comprising 200 questions on the following category :
- Environmental Awareness
- Comprehension and Verbal Ability
- Quantitative and Numerical Ability
- Reasoning and Intelligence
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
AMU MBA 2017 Exam Schedule
|7th May, 2017||3 Hours||10:00 AM|
AMU MBA 2017 Application Form
|Filling of Form||Test Fee||Form submission office||Last Date of Receipt of Application Form|
|ONLINE||550.00||Admission Section, Office of the Controller of Examinations, AMU, Aligarh -202002||Through Online||27th February, 2017|
|PDF Generated copy at the Counter / Registered Post||02nd March, 2017|
- There shall be a Combined Admission Test for admission to MBA, MBA ( IB ) and P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance. Candidates applying for MBA can also apply for admission to MBA ( IB ) and P.G. Diploma in Islamic Banking & Finance on the same Application Form without paying any additional Admission Test Fee. Admission shall be offered through Counselling.
Procedure for submission of application form :
- Take the Printout of the PDF Generated Application Form on A-4 Size paper
- Put your thumb impression, signature and paste your recent photographs at the designated place on the Application Form.
- Attach the relevant document(s) with the Application Form and do not fold or mutilate it in any way.
- Application Form ( PDF Generated copy ) must be submitted by hand or through Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier in a separate envelope for each course of study so as to reach the respective offices as mentioned against each course of study up to 5:00 PM on or before the last date of receipt.
- Candidates must retain a photocopy of their filled-in form for future reference.
- Candidates’ submitting the Application Form by post must put the same inside an A-4 Size Envelope and paste the Postal Slip (given with the Form) on the top of the Envelope before posting it.
- Candidates who submit their Application Form by post / on counter may check the status of their Application Form on the website ( ww.amucontrollerexams.com ).
Documents to be submitted with the application form
- The Admission Test Fee / Processing Charges ( non-refundable ) as mentioned against each course may be remitted through
Online payment through internet banking / credit card / debit card
- Self attested copy ( both sides ) of High School / Secondary School Certificate ( SSC Examination) in support of date of birth.
- Self attested copy ( both sides ) of Marksheets / Gradesheets of qualifying examination. In case the result of the qualifying examination has not been declared at the time of applying, candidate must submit self attested photocopies of marksheets / grade sheets of examination passed in the preceding year.
- Self attested copy (both sides) of Marksheets / Gradesheets of all other examinations passed / appeared (including parts therein) after passing High School till date.
- Self attested copy of documents in support of claim of Internal Status and / or special categories, if any.
- Documents in support of Professional Experience, if any.
- No Objection Certificate from the employer, if employed at present.
- Self attested copy ( both sides ) of qualifying GATE examination, if any ( applicable only for applicants to M.Tech. courses ).
- Any other relevant document.
Note : Incomplete Application Forms / Irrelevant Forms and those received late, without requisite fee and not supported with the required certificates / documents may be summarily rejected and no further correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
To know more about AMU 2017 Entrance Exam Click Here
- The University reserves the right to change / cancel any Test Centre without assigning any reason.
- The University reserves the right to allot any Test Centre to a candidate irrespective of the preference indicated by him / her on the Application Form without assigning any reason.
- The request for change of City / Centre of Admission Test will not be entertained. The candidates will be permitted to appear at the allotted Centre of the Test only.
- Complete addresses of the Admision Test Centres in various cities will be available on our website well before the commencement of the Admission Tests.
- For courses where selection is through Departmental Test, the Test Centre will be only in Aligarh.
To know more about AMU 2017 Exam Centres Click Here
AMU MBA 2017 Syllabus
The syllabus outlines and approximate weightage of each section are given below :
A. Environmental Awareness ( 25% )
Objective : To test the candidates’ awareness of the political, social, technological, economic, and other environments both in Indian and International contexts.
Contents : Characteristics of Indian economy, basic economic indicators, industrial, trade, fiscal, budgetary and monetary policies, Indian banking system and its functioning, awareness about corporate sector, Indian and international trade, economic agreements, changes in political, technological and cultural environments, and current affairs.
B. Quantitative and Numerical Ability ( 25% )
Objective : To judge the candidates’ ability to use the fundamental and standard procedure in arithmetic, algebra, geometry and other branches of mathematics and to ascertain logical thinking, accuracy and speed in applying the basic skills of mathematics.
Contents : Percentage, ratio, proportion time and distance, relative speed, time and work, interest, stocks, shares and discount, rules of divisibility, HCF and LCM, power, exponents and roots, algebraic equations, elementary geometry angle, line, polygon, solids, cylinders, perimeter, volume, circles, tangent to circle, sphere, etc., linear and quadratic equations, basics of trigonometry and coordinate geometry.
C. Comprehension and Verbal Ability ( 20% )
Objective : To test a candidate’s skill of quick comprehension and verbal ability – both of which reflect a person’s ability to understand facts faster than his / her peers and also his/her skill in organizing thoughts and expressing them in a clear manner.
Contents : Comprehension at paragraph and sentence level, identification of mistakes, grammar and usage, word formation, synonyms, antonyms, pairing of words, analogies, sentence structure and construction, active and passive voice, prepositions, completion of sentences, etc.
D. Reasoning and Intelligence ( 15% )
Objective : To assess the logical and reasoning capabilities of the candidate i.e. the ability to comprehend, evaluate, and deduce in a logical manner.
Contents : This may include verbal reasoning and verbal analogy, letter series, number series, coding and decoding, logical diagrams, and syllogism, etc.
E. Data Analysis and Interpretation ( 15% )
Objective : To test the ability to interpret a given set of data for decision making or similar applications. It checks the awareness of methods used in representing data and various techniques in analysis and interpretation of data.
Contents : Sets – Union and intersection, frequency and class intervals, cumulative frequencies and various types of graphic diagrams used in interpretation, basic of probability, and permutation and combination.
To know more about AMU 2017 Syllabus Click Here
AMU 2017 MBA Results
AMU 2017 MBA Result Date : AMU 2017 MBA and MBA ( IB ) Entrance Exam Results likely to be declared in month of June, 2017.
Please keep watching this page, to check your Aligarh Muslim University MBA Entrance Results 2017…
To know more about AMU 2017 Results Click Here
To know more about AMU 2017 Question Papers Click Here
AMU MBA 2017 Important Dates
|1||Last Date of Receipt of Application Form||27th February, 2017|
|2||PDF Generated copy at the Counter / Registered Post||2nd March, 2017|
|3||Date of AMU 2017 Examination||7th May, 2017|
Aligarh Muslim University,
Telephone No. : 91 – 571 – 2700935, 2700920 – Extn. ( 1161 ),
Website : www.amu.ac.in.
|AMU 2017 Application Form : https://amucontrollerexams.com/oaps/login.php