BIT Mesra 2017 MBA Exam
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the 2-year ( 4th semester ) full-time MBA ( Master of Business Administration ) programme at Mesra and its Off Campuses at Lalpur & Noida for the session 2017 – 2018.
The 2-Year ( 4th Semester ) Master of Business Administration ( MBA ) Programme of the Institute was launched in the year 1980. The programme prepares students with requisite skills to make successful careers as management professionals in competitive business environment. The course structure and contents are regularly updated to keep pace with the changing business environment.
The programme helps student to develop the following talents :
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Global competencies and the ability to perform in cross-cultural environments
- The highest standards of integrity, ethics and social consciousness
- Communication, team building and other soft skills to become effective and industry ready managers
- Awareness of the socio-economic environment
- Personalities with socially desirable values and attitudes
- System Management
BIT Mesra 2017 MBA Eligibility
- Candidates must have appeared in one of the following competitive examinations and should have minimum requisite percentile / scores as per the details given below:
|CAT 2016||XAT 2017||CMAT 2017||MAT Sept – 2016
MAT Dec – 2016 MAT Feb – 2017
( 35 for SC / ST ) Total Percentile
( 35 for SC / ST ) Total Percentile
( 35 for SC / ST ) Overall Percentile
( 280 for SC / ST ) Score
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [ Class 12 or equivalent ] ( 10+2+3 system ).
- Candidates must have minimum 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in Honours / aggregate ( 45% for SC / ST ) in graduation. [ The percentage of marks obtained by a candidate in the bachelor’s degree would be calculated based on the practice followed by the University / Institution from where the candidate has obtain the degree ]
- Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s programme in 2017 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent ( as per item 3 above ) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the programme provisionally. At the time of reporting for the ‘GD & PI’ such an applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that:
- by 30th June, 2017, s / he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree.
- S / he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent ( as per item ( 3 ) above ), based on latest available grades / marks. Selected candidates will be required to sign an undertaking at the time of admission on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of . 20 /- ( as per format given in Sec-11 ). Further, their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the marksheets and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item ( 3 ) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31st October, 2017. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the admission.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance learning programmes are eligible only if the programmes are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU
- they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum requisite marks in average calculated as per item ( 3 ) above.
- They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their application. [ Appearing candidate in distance learning programmes, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply ].
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence (http://www.edcil.co.in), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU ( website http://www.aiuweb.org ).
- In case, any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case, a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [ Class X, Class XII or Graduation ], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board/ University.
To know more about BIT Mesra MBA 2017 Eligibility Click Here
BIT Mesra 2017 MBA Application Form
- To start online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with any body else.
- To apply for the programme, eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online [available on Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in ]. Pay application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank) of .2,500 /- ( General / OBC candidates ) and .1,500 /- ( for SC / ST candidates ). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Send a printout of the completed form along with required enclosures ( see List of Enclosures ) in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier ( means by which sender may track its movement on internet ) to the office of Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215, to reach positively by the due date.
- Write “Application for MBA-2017 on top of the envelope”.
- Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
- You can use the Online Application Form to apply for the MBA programme 2017 of the Institute at BIT Lalpur, BIT Mesra and BIT Noida Campuses, in order of your preference. Please do not make any corrections or add any preference of Centre by hand on the printout of the form, as these will not be saved to the database.
- Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
- Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
To know more about BIT Mesra MBA 2017 Application Form Click Here
BIT Mesra 2017 MBA Selection Procedure
Selections to MBA programme 2017 will be made based on performance of the candidate in GD & PI and
- Based on various reservation criteria of State and Central Govt. [ see section 6 for distribution of seats at each Campus ]. However, candidates must meet the minimum academic requirements ( see eligibility criteria in Section 2 )
- Selection lists, along with procedures for admissions, will be notified only after the GD&PI process at all Campuses is over, on the Institute website http://www.bitmesra.ac.in and Notice Boards of the Institute / concerned Campus only.
- Selected candidates will be required to take admission by the dates given at the Campus of selection by depositing fee and required original certificates. Seats remaining vacant will be allotted to waitlisted candidates. The list of waitlisted candidates will also be announced on the Institute website and Notice Boards of the Institute / concerned campus only.
- Cancellation of Admission Offer: The admission of a candidate will be automatically cancelled
- if any information provided in the application form is found incorrect or missing.
- Those who fail to submit the final degree / qualifying examination in time as stipulated or fail to secure minimum eligible marks in the degree / qualifying examination.
- Eligible SC / ST, OBC, PwD students admitted to MBA programme at any of the Campus should submit their scholarship form in the Scholarship Section of the Campus for the academic year by February for processing scholarship to SC / ST, OBC, PwD students each year, as per UGC guidelines.
BIT Mesra 2017 MBA Seats
Total Number of BIT Mesra MBA Seats :
Total number of seats to be offered in the session 2017 – 2018 for the MBA programme at various Campuses as per the details given below:
|Campus||No. of seats available|
|Home State||All India|
|BIT Mesra (Main Campus)||60||60|
- Home state includes whole NCR
BIT Mesra MBA Seats Reservations
- For all programmes at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programmes the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. ( SC -15% & ST – 7.5% )
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability ( 3% ).
- Upto 1 seat at all Campuses is reserved for candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- Upto 6% of the total seats at its Off Campuses are reserved for candidates who are sons and daughters of serving employees of BIT, who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- At all Campuses 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed / are appearing for qualifying examination ( graduation ) from the state in which Campus is located. The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his / her College where ( s ) / he has passed/is appearing for the qualifying examination / graduation.[ In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group ].
To know more about BIT Mesra MBA 2017 Selection Procedure Click Here
To know more about BIT Mesra MBA 2017 Question Papers Click Here
BIT Mesra 2017 MBA Important Dates
|Filling of Online Application Form begins||23rd December, 2016|
|Last date for submission of Online Application Form||23rd March, 2017|
|Last date for receipt of printouts of duly completed forms at Mesra||31st March, 2017|
|Display of Campus-wise list of short-listed candidates to be called for GD & PI [ to be notified on the Institute website / Notice Boards of concerned Off Campuses ]||13th April, 2017|
|Tentative dates for GD & PI (short-listed candidates)||27th April, 2017 to 28th April 2017|
|Declaration of First Selection List||30th April, 2017|
|Classes will commence from 17th July, 2017at all Campuses ( exact date will be notified at later stage )|
Birla Institute of Technology,
Jharkhand – 835 215,
Fax No. : 0651 2275401,
Website : www.bitmesra.ac.in.
|Application Form: http://18.104.22.168:8080/psc/bitpublic/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/s/WEBLIB_B_LOGIN.EMPLID.FieldFormula.IScript_B_APP_LOGIN?&|