BHU FMS MBA Entrance Exam 2018
The Faculty of Management Studies was established in 1968 as an extension of Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya’s vision of making Banaras Hindu University a microcosm of the world bringing together people of varied interests under one roof. The Faculty aspires to be one of the most admired Global Centers of Excellence committed to redefining the domain of Management Knowledge and developing socially sensitive leader managers.
The mission of the Faculty of Management Studies is to cater to the needs of the business, industry and other vital sectors through quality education, research, consultancy and other professional services.
FMS BHU MBA Exam 2018
Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University invites applications for admission to the following two – year, four – semester Post – Graduate Management courses in Business Administration for the Academic Session 2018 – 20.
BHU FMS MBA Specialization 2018 :
I). Master of Business Administration – ( MBA ) – 46 Seats : With specialization* in Marketing / Human Resource Management / Finance / Operations Management / Information Technology ( as specified in the prevailing ordinance governing the conduct of the Program )
II). Master of Business Administration – International Business ( MBA – IB ) – 46 Seats : With specialization* in Marketing / Human Resource Management / Finance / Operations Management / Information Technology / Global Business Operations (as specified in the prevailing ordinance governing the conduct of the Program)
FMS BHU MBA Eligibility 2018
Admission to the MBA & MBA – IB Programs shall be made through CAT. Eligibility criteria defined under CAT shall be deemed as applicable provided candidates belong to categories other than SC / ST has secured a minimum 50% marks at the qualifying examination. For SC / ST candidates, at least 45% marks are required.
- A graduate degree under 10 + 2 + 3 Pattern OR
- A degree in Agriculture, Technology, Medicine, Education or Law OR
- A Post Graduate degree in any discipline.
i) The above qualifying degree must be obtained from any Indian University / Institution recognized by AIU / AICTE.
ii) In order to be eligible for admission the candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate at the qualifying examination as given above under (a), (b) or (c) as the case may be. For SC / ST candidates, at least 45% marks are required.
iii) A candidate appearing at the qualifying examination is required to furnish a certificate from the Head of the Institution where he / she is pursuing the course of study, to the effect that he / she has appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination to be concluded on or before June 30 of the year of admission.
iv) If such a candidate is offered provisional admission, he / she must submit the proof of acquiring minimum eligibility criteria i.e., Mark sheet of the qualifying examination by of the year of admission.
FMS BHU MBA Admission Procedure 2018
Admission to the MBA and MBA IB Programs of the Institute will be made on the basis of combined merit of the candidates in CAT conducted by IIM ( 50% ), Academic Records ( 20% ) and Group Discussion & Personal Interview ( 30% ).
Instructions for filling of academic records while submitting admission application form :
- Candidates are required to enter aggregate obtained marks and maximum marks mentioned in the final semester marksheet ( cumulative of all semesters ) on the space provided below ( for X, XII & qualifying examination ).
- In case, the maximum marks and aggregate obtained marks is not mentioned in the marksheet, marks obtained by the candidate in all subjects appeared will be considered ( as mentioned in the marksheet ).
- In case of marks being given in CGPA, OGPA, letter grade, etc. it is suggested to submit the conversion formula at the time of appearing for Group Discussion and Interview.
Note : In case the candidate is appearing in the qualifying examination, the percentage score of two years / three years as the case may be, ( ignoring / excluding the final year score ) shall be taken for calculating the candidate’s academic records in the qualifying examination.
II. Admission Test – CAT 2017 of Indian Institute of Management :
Candidates interested in taking admission to MBA / MBA IB Course at Institute of Management Studies, BHU are required to appear in Common Admission Test ( CAT ) conducted by Indian Institute of Management for the corresponding year. 50% weightage will be given to the CAT Score while calculating the merit for admission to the above Programs.
Registration for CAT 2017 is open from 9th August, 2017 to 20th September, 2017. The details of CAT 2017 are available in the Web Site ( www.iimcat.ac.in ). Candidates are also required to apply separately for admission to MBA / MBA IB programs of the Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University through University Admission Portal ( www.bhuonline.in ) on or before the specified last date for the purpose.
The IM, BHU shall use CAT Score for short listing candidates for admissions to its Management Programs. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the program.
II. Group Discussion and Interview ( to be conducted by Institute of Management Studies, BHU )
Candidates short-listed on the basis of CAT 2017 score will be called for Group Discussion and Interview which will be conducted in the Institute as per schedule decided by the Admission Committee of the Institute. 30% weightage will be given to the Group Discussion and Interview Score.
Notes: Non-appearance of the candidate in any of CAT, Group Discussion and Interview on the scheduled date and time shall disqualify him/her for admission.
Candidates called for Group Discussion and Interview shall be required to remit a fee of 2000/- or as decided by the Dean, FMS in the form of DD in favour of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu University payable at SBI, BHU.
To Know More About BHU FMS 2018 Eligibility Click Here
FMS BHU 2018 Application Form
Candidates are required to download Information Bulletin and Admission Application Form from the website of the Institute ( www.bhu.ac.in/fms ) and submit duly filled in and signed application form along with all necessary enclosures.
Application Fee :
Application fee is 1500/- ( 800/- for SC / ST ) to be payable through Demand Draft in favour of the Registrar, Banaras Hindu university, payable at Varanasi.
FMS BHU 2018 Application Form Submission :
Last date for receipt of application completed in all respect with necessary enclosures and required amount of application fee in the office of the Director, Institute of Management Studies at the following address : The Dean, Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi – 221005 ( UP ) on or before : 22nd January, 2018.
Please ensure that a passport size photograph signed by you is pasted on the space provided for in the application form.
No Application Form shall be considered for admission unless it is complete in all respects including self attested copy of the photograph of the candidate containing his / her signature thereon and other copies of documents specified are attached thereto, such as, photocopy of CAT 2017 Admit Card and application form payment confirmation message of specified amount.
Candidates are advised to keep sufficient number of extra copies of the same photograph, which has been pasted on application form for future use, as and when needed.
The Category to which an applicant belongs once mentioned on the Application Form will be final and no subsequent change will be allowed. If boxes requiring indication of category on the application form are left blank, the candidate will be treated under “General Category’.
Application Forms of candidates who have submitted forged / fake certificates / documents or adopted fraudulent means shall be rejected without any intimation to the candidates. Further, such candidates shall be debarred from appearing in any subsequent entrance test conducted by B.H.U.
Any related legal litigation in respect of the admission shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the local court of Varanasi and / or Hon’ble High Court of Judicature at Allahabad only.
BHU FMS Counselling 2018
1. Candidates will be called for counselling for provisional admission in order of their combined merit in CAT 2017, Academic Record and Group Discussion & Interview.
2. Mere appearance in the CAT, Group Discussion and Interview shall not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the course unless he / she fulfils the eligibility conditions. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility before filling the application forms of both, IIM – CAT and FMS, BHU.
3. In case there are more than one candidate securing equal ranks as obtained by the last candidate in order of merit in the list of candidates to be called for admission, the following inter se ranking rules of the University shall be applicable.
“In case the candidates have equal ranks then :
- a. the candidate having secured higher marks in the qualifying examination is eligible ;
- b. In case the mark in the qualifying examination is also equal then the candidate senior in age shall be given preference”.
4. While coming for counselling for provisional admission, candidates are required to bring with them all the original documents ( certificates, Mark sheets including Caste Certificate, Migration Certificate by non BHU candidates / Transfer Certificates by BHU candidates etc. ) In case provisional admission is offered to a candidate, all his / her original documents will be detained in the Institute and the same will be returned after completion of admission formalities.
5. The mark sheet of the qualifying examination of a candidate can be submitted on or before 5th October of the year of admission and no extension shall be given in this regard on any ground. Confidential results / mark sheets shall not be accepted. Only the Original Mark sheet of the qualifying examination after official declaration of the results by the respective examining bodies shall be accepted. Any other document ( sealed or confidential mark sheet ) other than a proper mark sheet issued by the authority like VC / Rector / PVC / Registrar / CE etc. in regard to marks obtained by a candidate shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
6. Provisional admission to a particular program will depend upon the combined merit in CAT 2017, Academic Records and Group Discussion & Interview and the availability of seat in that program on the date and time of counseling. The mere fact that call letter has been issued shall not entitle a candidate to claim admission.
7. If a student requests for cancellation of his / her admission and return of original documents the same will be permitted as per the existing provisions of the University.
8. The candidate granted Provisional admission shall deposit fee within the period prescribed by the Admission Committee failing which the admission shall stand cancelled.
9. Provisional admission cannot be claimed by any applicant as a matter of right. The provisional admission of an applicant shall be entirely at the discretion of the Admission Committee, which may refuse to admit any student without assigning any reason thereof.
10. Provisional admission of a candidate is liable to be cancelled by the Admission Committee at any time :
- if it is detected that there is something against the candidate which would have prevented him / her from being admitted to the course
- If the candidate is found at a later stage to have provided any false information, and / or
- If he / she has been punished for an act of gross misconduct, indiscipline or an act involving moral turpitude.
11. A candidate provisionally selected for admission shall be required to fill the prescribed form, submit the required documents, collect his / her admit card for admission to the course from the office of the Department and pay fees by a date fixed for the purpose, otherwise the offer made to him / her will automatically stand cancelled and the seat thus falling vacant shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit under the specified category.
12. Wait listed candidate shall be offered admissions strictly on the basis of ranking provided there is a vacancy in the Program. Such wait listed candidates shall have to deposit their fee latest by the date fixed by the Admission Committee.
To Know More About BHU FMS 2018 Application Form Click Here
FMS BHU 2018 Important Dates :
|Activity||Starting Date||End Date|
|Registration for CAT 2017||09th August, 2017||20th September, 2017|
|CAT Test Date|
|INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES, BANARAS HINDU UNIVERSITY|
|Online Application Submission for MBA & MBA IB programs for Batch 2018-2020||10th September, 2017||22nd January, 2018 11:59:59 PM|
Contact Details :
Faculty of Management Studies,
Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi – 221 005,
Telephone No. : +91 542 6701409,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.bhu.ac.in/fms.