GGSIPU CET 2017 MBA Entrance Exam
GGSIPU admission to the MBA & MBA ( IT ) program will be made strictly on the basis of inter-se-merit of the qualified candidates in the Common Entrance Tests 2016 and Personnel Interview ( PI ) being conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
MBA CET for the following programes :
- MBA ( Financial Markets )
- MBA ( International Business )
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University admission to the MBA & MBA IT programmes will be made strictly on the basis of inter-se-merit of the qualified candidates in the Common Entrance Tests 2016 ( CET Code 101 – MBA, 116 – MBA IT ) and Personnel Interview ( PI ) being conducted by GGSIPU University.
GGSIPU CET MBA 2017 Entrance Syllabus
- English Language & Comprehension ( 30% )
- Numerical Ability ( 30% )
- General Awareness ( 10% )
- Reasoning ability including data interpretation ( 30% )
To Know More about GGSIPU CET Entrance Exam – Click Here
GGSIPU CET 2017 MBA Eligibility
- Any recognized Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or any other subject with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or any qualification recognized as equivalent thereto with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. OR
- Passed the Final Examination of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England or the Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
MBA ( Information Technology )
- B.E. / B. Tech with minimum of 60% marks. OR
- M.Sc. (CS), M. Sc. (IT), M.Sc. ( Electronics ) with minimum of 60% marks. OR
- MCA with minimum of 60% marks.
Result Awaited Cases For MBA Programmes
1. Result Awaited / Compartment / Supplementary Cases
- All such candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination ( irrespective of the outcome of their final result ) will be eligible to appear in the CET 2017-18 and all such candidates will be provisionally admitted in the respective programmes. Further, such provisionally admitted candidates will have to fulfill his / her eligibility as per the eligibility laid down in the admission brochure, latest by October 15, 2017.
- All such candidates whose result is awaited, will have to submit an affidavit at the time of admission/ verification of document (schedule to be notified later) in the prescribed Proforma (to be made available on or before 20th February, 2017). Further, in case the candidate is minor i.e. below 18 years of age; in that case, the affidavit shall be signed by his/her parent/guardian. Candidates/parents/guardians may further note that submission of false affidavit is a punishable offence;
- The candidate will have to submit the final result of qualifying degree proving his/her eligibility on or before October 15th, 2017 to their Concerned Dean/Principal/Director of their respective School/College/Institute where the admission has been granted. The concerned Dean/Principal/Director must submit the details of the results of these provisionally admitted students by October 18, 2017, to the Incharge (Admissions), Academic Reception Counter, Administrative Block, GGS Indraprastha University, Sec 16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078, duly signed by the concerned Dean / Principal / Director.
- In case the candidate fails to submit his / her final result of qualifying degree in the manner as prescribed above to prove his / her eligibility on or before October 15, 2017, whatsoever the reason may be, his / her admission will be treated as null and void ( cancelled ) and the entire fee will be forfeited and under no circumstances he/she will be allowed to appear in the End Term Exam. If such an admitted student appears for the examination and even if the result of such students is declared, the candidature of such provisionally admitted candidates shall be cancelled and the result declared as null and void. No extension beyond October 15, 2017 shall be allowed by the university in any case. The Dean of the Schools/Director/Principal shall be responsible to ensure that the eligibility of all students are checked by them to ensure correctness of admissions specially in case of provisionally admitted students. The provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled if the candidate fails to submit result in time i.e. October 15, 2017.
2. There will be no rounding – off of the percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission for e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.9% marks in his / her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded – off to 50%. Therefore, the candidate is not eligible for that program where minimum requirement of marks is 50%. In case candidate for any reason fills the minimum% wrongly in verification form, he / she shall be solely responsible.
3. The eligibility in the LLB programme will be strictly laid down by Bar Council of India. As per Bar Council of India letter No. LE Cir.: 02/2010 dated 20.12.2010, it is stated that “The applicants who have obtained 10+2 or graduation/post graduation through Open Universities system directly without having any basic qualification for prosecuting such students are not eligible for admission in the law courses…….” Ref.: BCI Letter No. BCI:D:1823/2010 (LE) dated 31.11.2010.
4. Physical Fitness
The applicant must be in good mental and physical health and should be free from any physical defect which is likely to interfere with his / her studies including active outdoor duties required of a professional. Accordingly, all the students shall be required to submit a Medical Certificate indicating fitness from a Doctor with valid registration under the Medical Council of India act, at the time of admissions / counselling.
Age Limit for GGSIPU MBA CET 2017
- For MBA Programs where entry qualification is graduation : 35 years.
Age Relaxation for GGSIPU MBA 2017 Admission
The upper age limit may be relaxed upto a maximum of five years in exceptional cases by the Admission Officer of the concerned program if he / she is satisfied with the merit of the case. Candidates exceeding the upper age limit upto five years may provisionally apply / appear in the Common Entrance Test. However, they would be required to submit to the satisfaction of the Admission Officer an explanation regarding the gap period, i.e., the details of the period spent by him / her after passing the qualifying examination to justify the relaxation. Such explanation should be in the form of an application to the concerned Admission Officer along with supporting documents ( if any ). Any relaxation of age beyond this shall be given by the Registrar of the University. The candidates desirous of applying for age relaxation should apply in writing to Registrar, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The application should reach the Admission Division of the University on or before 04th April, 2017 at the address :
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University,
Dwarka, Sector 16C,
To Know More about GGSIPU CET Eligibility – Click Here
GGSIPU CET 2017 Exam Scheme
- GGSIPU CET written examinations conducted are OMR based in general unless specified otherwise.
- For marking / writing on the OMR answer sheet , a black ball pen should (only) be used.
- The marks for the correct answers are specified in the question booklet given at the time of examinations.
- There may be negative marking for every incorrect answer. ‘Incorrect answers will include Wrong answers’ as well as “those which contain more than one answer to the question.” For each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted. The negative marking scheme of examination for a particular CET shall be specified in question booklet.
- The University shall declare the result of each CET in respect of qualifying candidates as given in the tables given above and the list will be displayed on the University’s website, i.e., www.ipu.ac.in No separate intimation to this effect will be sent to the candidates individually.
- The University does not issue or supply or intimate the marks / ranks to any candidate and no correspondence on the subject will be entertained. However, marks obtained by individual candidate can be seen or downloaded from the University’s website www.ipu.ac.in
- The rules of examinations as enshrined in the University Act, Statutes, Ordinances, Regulations and procedures or as approved by the Vice Chancellor of the University shall be applicable on all candidates.
GGSIPU CET 2017 Exam Center
List of Cities / Centres for MBA programmes for Common Entrance Test (CET-2017)
The CET for the above mentioned programmes will be held at following centres provided sufficient number of candidates opt for a particular centre
|S.No||Name of the City / Centre||Centre/ City Code|
The choices indicated by the candidates in respect to the Centres of Entrance Examination shall only be considered as their preferred choices. The actual Centre Code will be allotted by the University and the same shall be considered as final. Neither any change in the preferences already indicated by the candidate shall be allowed by the University nor any correspondence in this regard will be entertained under any circumstances. The University may drop any of the above mentioned centres if sufficient number of candidates are not available or for any other reason deemed appropriate to drop the centre.
In case University decides to drop both the preferences of centres given by the candidate or due any other reason, then, in such circumstances, ‘Delhi’ centre will be allotted. The allotment of centres will be rearranged if that choice is not available.
To Know More about GGSIPU CET Exam Scheme – Click Here
GGSIPU CET 2017 Application Form
All the candidates shall submit GGSIPU CET 2017 application forms only through online mode, for all Common Entrance Tests 2017. The application form is available at the GGSIPU website www.ipu.ac.in. The GGSIPU CET 2017 application form along with the Common Entrance Test Fee of 1000/- excluding processing charges & taxes as applicable from 30th January, 2017, onwards. The Admit Cards can be downloaded by using candidates log-in ID and password, online.
GGSIPU CET 2017 Important Instructions
- The GGSIPU CET 2017 application forms shall be available in the online mode only from the University Website www.ipu.ac.in
- The last date for applying shall not be extended for any programme or programme group for which a common entrance test is to be conducted by the University.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they posses the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Appearing for the written examination does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility.
- The applicants are advised that since the form filling as well as admit cards shall be made available through the online mode only, they must keep the details of their login id and the password secure and safe.
- Applicants should be careful in choosing the CETs that they apply for, as no change would be permissible after the application has been submitted.
- After the application for any CET is submitted, if there is mistake in date of birth, spelling mistake in name of applicants or the parents name or in the choice of category claimed for the purpose of availing reservation, the applicant must submit an application in physical form to ( together with applicable processing fees of 500/-) :
Reception, Examination Division,
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University,
- This GGSIPU MBA CET 2017 application must be submitted within 5 working days of the last date of form submission together with the applicable fees. After this no request for any correction shall be entertained.
- A Separate Application Form has to be filled-in for each programme (s) having distinct CET Code.
- No separate intimation will be sent to the candidates regarding declaration of results and commencement of counselling/ admission. Result will be declared on University Website www.ipu.ac.in. Detailed schedule of first counselling/admissions will be notified prior to commencement of respective counselling, on the University Website www.ipu.ac.in . Tentative dates of commencement of first and second counselling shall be notified on or before 28th February, 2017. The schedule may be deferred if the sanctioned intake for the respective programme is not received by the University in time.
- The University will declare and display the ranks of only those candidates who are declared as qualified in the CET-2017. The candidates will be called for counselling/admission depending upon the number of seats available in each programme. The admissions will be made only out of these qualified candidates strictly in order of merit. The rank of candidates who do not qualify in CET-2017 will not be declared.
- Applicants should retain a printout of the CET application form as proof of application.
- In all communication regarding submission of application or otherwise related to admissions, the copy of the application form must be submitted as otherwise the communication would be deemed incomplete and no processing would be performed on the communication, without any notice to the applicant.
- There will be no rounding-off of the percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.99% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they posses the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Filling the application form and / or appearing for the written examination does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility.
- The tentative schedule of counselling together with all appendices shall be notified on the University website www.ipu.ac.in on or before 28th February, 2017 while the detailed schedule shall be notified after declaration of merit/result of the CET.
- The list of documents required shall be informed through the detailed counselling schedule as notified on the University website www.ipu.ac.in.
- The candidates are advised to check their status with the help of the login id and password.
- Write the complete e-mail address and phone number in the form carefully. Please note that this e-mail address and phone number may be used by the University for future communication.
To Know More about GGSIPU CET Application Form – Click Here
GGSIPU CET 2017 Admit Card
- The GGSIPU CET 2017 Admit Card will be available online, 7 days before the date of the CET. The Admit Cards may be downloaded from the candidates individual account using log-in ID and password from the website which was used for filling up the application form.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the Examination Hall without the valid CET Admit Card 2017, issued by the University.
- Candidates are required to carry two printouts of the admit card at the time of CET. One copy of the admit card should be retained by the candidate after getting it signed by the Invigilator.
- The second copy should be handed over to the Invigilator for University records. Both the copies shall require that a passport sized photograph of the candidate is pasted. Candidates are advised to keep two copies of the photograph uploaded at the time form filling handy for this purpose for each CET applied for.
- Candidate must preserve the CET Admit Card till the admission procedure is over as it has to be handed over to the Admission Officer at the time of counselling / admission.
- Request for issue of duplicate Admit Card will not be entertained after the Common Entrance Test (under any circumstances).
- No claim of having filled up the Application Form and non-receipt of admit card will be admissible after the CET.
- Impersonation is a punishable offence. No candidate will be permitted to appear in CET without the Admit Card. The admit card should be presented to the invigilator(s) for verification. The candidate’s identity will be verified in respect of his/her details on the admit card/centre verification record. If the identity is doubtful, the candidate may not be allowed to appear in the examination. The authorities may permit the candidates to appear for the examination after completing the necessary formalities (visible mark of identification) at their discretion.
- No extra time will be allowed for these formalities to be completed. Police action will be initiated in case of dubious identity.
- In case of non receipt of Admit Card the candidate may contact Office of Controller of Examinations (Operations) at GGSIP University, Sector 16C , Dwarka, New Delhi 110078 at least 5 days before the scheduled commencement of respective CET. The application in this regard must be supported by a copy of the printed version of the application form and proof of payment for the application for admissions. Without the submission of these two documents, no application in regard to non-receipt of admit cards shall be entertained, the application in this regard shall be deemed incomplete and rejected without intimation to the applicant.
To Know More about GGSIPU CET Admit Card – Click Here
GGSIPU CET 2017 Application Bank Branches
To Know More about GGSIPU CET Application Bank Branches – Click Here
GGSIPU CET 2017 MBA Important Dates
|1.||Start of application submission for GGSIPU CET||30th January, 2017||30th January, 2017|
|2.||Last date for application submission for GGSIPU CET||04th April, 2017 Upto 04:00 PM||18th April, 2017 upto 04:00 PM|
|3.||Date of GGSIPU CET||15th April, 2017||7th May, 2017|
|4.||GGSIPU CET 2017 Timing||10.30 AM to 01:00 PM||02:00 PM to 4.30 PM|
|5.||Date of Declaration of CET Result 2017||2nd May, 2017 Tuesday ( Tuesday )||23rd May, 2017 Tuesday|
GGSIPU CET 2017 MBA Results
To Know More about GGSIPU CET Result – Click Here
GGSIPU CET 2017 MBA Counselling
To Know More about GGSIPU CET Counselling – Click Here
GGSIPU CET 2017 Question Papers
To know More aboout GGSIPU CET Question Papers – Click Here