|CAT 2016 / XAT 2017 Question Bank CD -|
GIM PGDM Entrance Exam 2018
GIM works towards enabling its students to learn better through innovative learning techniques. The style of class is participatory, thus being an impetus in enhancing student capabilities. Teamwork is strongly emphasized, through interactive and group learning, which increases participation and helps maintain student involvement.
Goa Institute of Management ( GIM ) invites applications from eligible candidates for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Management ( PGDM ) & PGDM HCM Programs through CAT / XAT / CMAT Scores, for the academic year 2018 – 2019.
GIM PGDM 2018 Eligibility
As per AICTE norm, minimum 50% aggregate marks, ( 45% in case of candidates belonging to SC / ST category ) in a three year Bachelor’s degree ( or equivalent ) recognized by the Association of Indian Universities / AICTE. Candidates who will complete all requirements for the degree by 5th June 2018 may also apply.
If an applicant does not complete all the requirements of his / her degree by 5th June 2018, or does not obtain 50% aggregate marks in his / her degree, the offer of admission made to him will stand cancelled. The intake capacity for full time PGDM course is 240 and that for PGDM – HCM course is 60 and that for PGDM – BDA is 60.
For admission to the post graduate programme in business management 2018 – 2020, only those candidates who register for the XLRI Admissions Test XAT 2018 of Xavier Labour Relations Institute, Jamshedpur or CAT- 2017 of the Indian Institutes of Managements ( IIMs ) or GMAT conducted by Graduate Management Admission Council ( GMAC ), taken in 2016 or 2017 or CMAT – 2018 – 19 of All India Council for Technical Education, may apply.
To Know more about GIM 2018 Eligibility – Click Here
GIM 2018 Application Form
Candidates must fill in all the relevant particulars and pay registration fee for processing GIM application. Registration fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
A. Online Payment :
Enter your CAT / XAT / CMAT id and fill in the online application form.
B. Payment by Demand Draft :
Obtain a Demand Draft in favour of “Goa Institute of Management”, payable at Panaji ( or Panjim )
- Register Yourself for the three exams ( XAT, CAT or CMAT ) before you fill this form. At least one exam is required.
- Applicant will receive an email confirming the successful registration / payment.
- Take a printout of the Payment Advice, write your name and GIM ID on the reverse of the DD and send it along with the DD by courier / registered post / speed post to : The Admissions Office, Goa Institute of Management, Sanquelim Campus, Poriem, Sattari. Goa – 403505
- On receipt of your payment advice, confirmation email will be sent.
GIM 2018 Admission Procedure
The process for application and selection for full time PGDM,PGDM – BDA and PGDM – HCM courses is as follows :
Applicants to GIM are required to take the XLRI Admissions Test XAT 2018 or CAT – 2017 of the Indian Institutes of Managements ( IIMs ) or GMAT examination taken in 2016 or 2017 or CMAT – 2018 – 19 of All India Council for Technical Education.
Apply online – Last date for online application for CAT is 15th December 2017 and for XAT / CMAT / GMAT is 3rd January 2018 ( With late fee is 5th January 2018 )
Interview centres : Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Goa, Cochin, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Kolkata, Mumbai, and New Delhi ( All centres are subject to availability )
Shortlisting for face to face evaluation shall be on the basis of profiles ( XAT, CAT, GMAT or CMAT score, qualification, past academic performance and work experience ) for PGDM – HCM and PGDM – BDA. Shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview process in various cities in the beginning of March 2018.
For PGDM, a select group of bright candidates shall be invited to Goa for Achiever’s round of interview process in January 2018. All other candidates shall be invited for Regular round in the beginning of March 2018 at various interview centres in the country.
For Achiever’s round
- Interviews shall be held only in Goa and candidates shortlisted for shall be eligible to apply for scholarships. Candidates not shortlisted for Achiever’s Round will not be eligible for scholarships. Also, if a candidate is shortlisted for Achiever’s round, and decides to opt out of Achiever’s round, and instead attends Regular round will not be eligible for Scholarship.
- While selecting the students for Exchange programmes / JISS due weightage shall be given to the students selected through Achiever’s round.
- Shortlisting shall be based on curricular, extracurricular and career achievements and profile ( qualification, past academic performance and work experience ) of the candidates.
- The shortlist shall be drawn without XAT, CAT, GMAT or CMAT score, to facilitate interview process in January 2018. Scores shall be incorporated later on. Candidates are required to submit the competitive exam ( XAT, CAT, GMAT, CMAT ) scores at the time of Achiever’s round interviews.
- The final selection shall be made on objective and leadership assessment (40% weightage), the candidate’s past academic performance (15% weightage), work experience, if any (10% weightage), performance in face to face evaluation process (30 % weightage) and composite diversity index (5% weightage). This is subject to obtaining a desired proficiency in written communication and a minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT or CMAT score and the leadership assessment shall be based on Individual Assessment in Group Activity – an interaction with peers and evaluators.
Shortlisting for PGDM for Regular round shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT or CMAT score of the candidates.
The final selection for regular round of PGDM,PGDM – BDA and PGDM – HCM will be made on the basis of objective assessment ( 40% weightage ), the candidate’s past academic performance ( 15% weightage ), work experience, if any ( 10% weightage ), performance in face to face evaluation process ( 30 % weightage ) and composite diversity index ( 5% weightage ). This is Subject to obtaining a desired proficiency in written communication and a minimum score for each evaluation component, except work experience. The objective assessment shall be based on XAT, CAT, GMAT or CMAT score.
The sessions are likely to begin in first fortnight of June 2018.
The qualifying cut off XAT / CAT / GMAT / CMAT score will be lowered by 15 points for candidates of Goan domicile / origin. Documentary evidence of domicile will have to be supplied along with the completed Application Form.
GIM Interview Centers : Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Goa, Cochin, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi.
To Know more about GIM 2018 Application Form – Click Here
GIM 2018 Important Dates
|1||Filling of online application forms||October, 2017 to 05th January, 2018|
|2||Last date for online registration|
Early Bird ( all exams )
|15th December, 2017|
|3||Last date for online registration|
Early Bird ( all exams ) ( With late fee )
|05th January, 2018|
|4||XLRI - XAT 2018||07th January, 2018|
|5||CAT - 2017||26th November, 2017|
|6||AICTE - CMAT 2018-19||January 2018|
|7||Face to Face evaluation process Achiever's Round|
and Regular Round
|January 2018, February 2018 / March 2018|
|8||Announcement of Final Admission results||April 2018|
|9||Beginning of new academic session||June 2018|
Goa Institute of Management,
Ribandar, Goa – 403 006,
Telephone No. : +91-832-2366704,
Fax No. : 0832 – 2444136,
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.gim.ac.in.