MICAT Entrance Exam 2018
MICA’s flagship Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications ( PGDM – C ) grooms business leaders with a focus on creative thinking, consumer centricity, communication and community outreach. The PGDM – C, equivalent to an MBA, has evolved into one of the premier programmes in the country, endorsed by 100 per cent campus placements with the best corporate houses in India and in recent times, abroad as well. MICA’s stringent selection norms coupled with the rigour of the curriculum ensure a highly committed, creatively and innovatively anchored, professionally – oriented manager, skilled in the practice of Strategic Marketing and Communication for the industry and the society.
This programme is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education ( AICTE ) and the Association of Indian University ( AIU ), which equates it with an MBA degree. MICA compares favourably with the top B – Schools and top MBA colleges in India. It is, of course, considered to be the premier institute in Strategic Marketing and Communication.
MICAT Eligibility 2018
Admission to the PGDM (C) programme requires a Bachelor’s degree ( in keeping with the 10 + 2 + 3 system ) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ). Candidates appearing for final examinations towards a Bachelor’s degree ( or equivalent ) are also eligible to apply.
Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for expressing, assessing, and / or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results tend to stand a better chance of being shortlisted.
MICAT 2018 Application Form
The Application form will be available from the official website of www.mica.ac.in.
Interested and Eligible candidates may apply online through the website from 26th September, 2017. The Completed application form should be submitted on or before 30th November, 2017 up to 11:55 PM.
To Know more about MICAT Entrance Exam Click Here
MICAT Selection Process 2018
The selection process involves three steps. The process is described below :
Step – I : CAT / XAT /GMAT
Each candidate has to take at least one of the three exams: CAT / XAT / GMAT.
Step – II : MICA Admission Test ( MICAT )
All candidates are assessed on MICAT, which consists of 6 sections: Psychometric (P), Verbal ability ( VA ), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation ( QADI ), General awareness ( GA ), Divergent and Convergent Thinking ( DCT ), and Descriptive Test ( DT ).
Preparation of Shortlist of the candidates for GE & PI
- Psychometric test is a qualifier.
- Those who qualify on the Psychometric, their CAT /XAT/GMAT relative performance will be considered. ( This is based on their relative performance in CAT / XAT / GMAT, subject to a minimum cut-off in CAT total percentile / XAT total percentile / GMAT score )
- Those who qualify based on the CAT / XAT cut-off or GMAT score shall be assessed for the following MICAT sections : Verbal ability ( VA ), Quantitative ability and Data Interpretation ( QADI ), General awareness ( GA ), and Divergent and Convergent Thinking ( DCT ).
- Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Scores for each of these sections (namely: VA, QADI, GA and DCT ) and CAT / XAT cut-off or GMAT score shall have their Descriptive Tests evaluated.
- Those who qualify on the basis of a, b,c and d as mentioned above and on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut-off in Scaled Score in DT shall be considered for short listing for GE and PI. Shortlist will be prepared on the basis of MICAT-I and /or II or better of the two relative performances if a candidate has taken both MICAT-I and MICAT-II. ( This will be prepared based on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT / XAT / GMAT and 50% MICAT ).
Approximately 1/10th of the total number of candidates who appear in the two MICATs will be shortlisted for GE & PI based on the Total MICAT Scaled Score.
Step – III : GE & PI
All the candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT* & MICAT shall appear for both GE & PI.
Preparation of Merit List :
- All those candidates who appear in GE & PI, and fulfill the following conditions will be considered for the merit list:
- Majority recommendation by all the panel members of PI.
- At least 3.5 or more on a 5-point scale in GE
- At least 4 or more on a 5-point scale in PI
- For all those who meet the criteria described in point a) ( Step-III ) : a final composite score ( FCS ) shall be created based on the following weightage : CAT / XAT / GMAT : 20%; MICAT: 30%; GE: 20%; PI: 30%; ( Scaled Scores will be used for MICAT ).
Short listed candidates will be called for GE and PI at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
To Know more about MICAT Selection Process Click Here
MICAT 2018 Results
MICAT Exam Date
MICA PGDM – C 2018 Entrance Exam will be conducted on 17th December, 2017.
MICAT Result Date
MICA PGDM – C 2018 Entrance Exam Result will be declared on 3rd January, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your MICAT Entrance Results 2018…
To Know more about MICAT Results Click Here
MICAT 2018 Important Dates
|1||MICAT – I Registration Opens||26th September, 2017|
|2||MICAT – I Registration Closes||30th November, 2017 at 11:55 PM|
|3||Issue of MICAT - I Call Letters / Admit Card||11th December, 2017|
|4||MICAT – I Exam Date||17th December, 2017|
|5||MICAT - I Score ( Declare on the website )||3rd January, 2018|
|6||MICAT – II Registration Opens||3rd January, 2018|
|7||MICAT – II Registration Closes||5h February, 2018 at 11:55 PM|
|8||Issue of MICAT- II Call Letters / Admit Card||9th February, 2018|
|9||MICAT – II Exam Date||17th February, 2018|
|10||MICAT – II Score ( Declare on the website )||26th February, 2018|
|11||GE & PI Shortlist||1st March, 2018|
|12||GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkatata||To be Announced soon|
|13||GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad||To be Announced soon|
|14||GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai||To be Announced soon|
|15||Final results||31st March, 2018|