|IIM CAT 2017 Question Bank CD -|
Panjab University, University Business School ( PU UBS ) invites admission Applicationfor MBA programs for the academic session 2017 – 2018.
PU UBS 2017 MBA Course :
- MBA ( International Business )
- MBA ( Human Resource )
Panjab University UBS 2017 MBA Eligibility
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto with not less than 50% marks ( 45% for SC / ST / BC / PwD ) in the aggregate. Provided that in the case of candidates having Bachelor’s degree of the University through Modern Indian Languages [Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi ( Gurmukhi script ) and / or in a Classical Language ( Sanskrit / Persian / Arabic ) or degree of any other University obtained in the same manner recognized by the Syndicate, 50% marks in the aggregate shall be calculated by taking into account full percentage of marks in all the papers in Language excluding the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together. OR
- A pass in the final examination conducted by the ( a ) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, or ( b ) Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England, or ( c ) Institute of Company Secretaries of India. OR
- AMIE Examination with 50% marks or more after having passed the diploma examination with 60% marks or above and have at least 5 years research / teaching .or professional experience. AND
- Minimum of 10% score ( 5% in case of SC / ST / BC / PwD candidates ) in each component of the Common Admission Test ( CAT ) 2016 viz., quantitative, logic & data interpretation, and verbal and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2016.
Important Note : Whether in the General Category or in any of the reserved categories, a candidate must fulfill both the criteria.
UBS 2017 Application Form
- Read carefully UBS Handbook of Information.
- Register Online. [ last date for registration : 13th February, 2017 (Monday) ].
- Note down your Login Id and Password ( login details will be sent to your registered Email Id also ).
- Take print out of bank slip (bank slip can also be downloaded from account using login id and password).
- Deposit fee using website generated bank slip at any SBI branch, minimum one day after printing of bank slip. [last date for submission of fee in any SBI branch : 20th February, 2017 ( Monday ) ].
- Login again after 24 Hrs. of depositing fee and upload scanned photograph, signature, fill other important information. Complete each section ( Profile, Categories, Academic Qualification) carefully and lock each section. ( Once you lock the section, you will not be allowed to change information in that section ). [ last date for completion of form: 27th February, 2017 ( Monday ) ]
- Take print out of the application form and submit / send it along with the required documents to the address mentioned on the print out of the application form. [ last date for submission of hard copy of application form & documents: 6th March, 2017 upto 4:00 p.m. ].
Application Fee :
|General Category||2500 /-|
|SC / ST / PwD Category||1250 /-|
UBS MBA 2017 Selection Process
- Written Test of CAT is 85% ( of CAT 2016 Percentage score & not Percentile ).
- Group Discussion 7.5%
- Personal Interview is 7.5%
In case of a tie, the following rules would apply :
- A candidate getting higher percentage in the qualifying examination shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if the marks in the qualifying examination are also the same then the candidate obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if two or more candidates secure equal marks in ( I ) & ( ii ) above, the candidate senior in age shall rank higher in order of merit.
Note : When the provisional lists of candidates ( based on merit ) are displayed on the Notice Board, the Chairpersons shall mention the fact that this list is subject to change on account of improvement of result of the qualifying examination wherever applicable. The new result must be presented at the time of interview / operating of the waiting list.
|Category||MBA||MBA – HR||MBA – IB|
|Scheduled t ribes||5||2||2|
|Backward classe s||3||2||2|
|Persons with disability ( pwd )||2||1||1|
|Riots / t errorist vict im||1||1||1|
|Freedom fighte r||1||1||1|
|Defe nce sponsored officer*||1||3||3|
|Non resident indian (nri)||9||4||4|
|Wards of kargil war**||1||1||1|
|Kashmiri displaced persons||1||1||1|
|One girl child out of the only two Girl children ( ogc ) ***||2||21||12|
|Cancer / aids / thalassemia patients***||1 EACH||1 EACH||1 EACH|
|Rural area students ***||2||2||2|
|Border area students ***||1||1||1|
|Youth fest ival ***||1||1||1|
- Additional seats are over and above the total seat.
- Additional seats for wards of Kargil war as per the Syndicate decision of dated 29th July, 2008.
- Additional Seats and eligibility criteria subject to approval of the Syndicate of Panjab University
PU UBS 2017 Admission Procedure
- Admission for these courses will be made on the basis of merit determined by scores of the candidates in Common Admission Test ( CAT ) 2016 conducted by IIMs, followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview ( GD & PI ). All candidates wishing to apply for MBA Programmes at UBS must take Common Admission Test ( CAT ) 2016 conducted by IIMs. The candidates are advised to visit UBS admission website for detailed instructions & procedure for participation in the admission process. The hard copy of the application along with necessary documents should reach UBS latest by 6th March, 2017 upto 04:00 p.m. Thereafter no application shall be accepted. Panjab University shall not be responsible for any postal delay in delivery or loss in transit of application form.
- The candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview on the basis of their score in the CAT 2016 subject to the condition that they secure a minimum 10% score ( 5% in case of SC / ST / BC / PwD ) candidates ) in each component of CAT 2016 viz., quantitative logic & data interpretation, and verbal, and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2016, Whether in the General Category or in any of the reserved categories, no candidate who has secured less than the said minimum score in CAT shall be eligible to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The number of candidates to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be equal to eight times the total number of seats of all these courses in each category or the total number of eligible candidate, which ever is lower.
To know more about PU UBS 2017 Eligibility Click Here
To know more about PU UBS 2017 Question Papers Click Here
UBS 2017 Important Dates
|1||Online registration starts on||16th January, 2017 ( Monday )|
|2||Last date of submission of information on the website to generate the Bank Challan||13th February, 2017 ( Monday )|
|3||Last date of submission of fee in any branch of State Bank of India using website generated challan||20th February, 2017 ( Monday ) upto 3:59 p.m.|
|4||Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website after depositing fee in SBI||27th February, 2017 ( Monday )|
|5||Last date for submission of hard copy of the application form along with the requisite documents ( mentioned on the application form print out ) to office of UBS||6th March, 2017 upto 4:00 p.m.|
University Business School,
Chandigarh – 160 014, India.
Telephone No. : +91 ( 172 ) 2534701, 2534702, 2541389.
Fax No.: +91 ( 172 ) 2541591.
Email : email@example.com,
Website : www.ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in/.
|PU UBS 2017 Application Form : http://ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in/login.php|