|IIM CAT 2017 Question Bank CD -|
PU UBS 2018 MBA Entrance Exam
Panjab University, University Business School ( PU UBS ) invites admission Applicationfor MBA programs for the academic session 2018 – 2019.
PU UBS MBA Course
- MBA ( International Business )
- MBA ( Human Resource )
Panjab University UBS MBA 2018 Eligibility
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent thereto with not less than 50% marks ( 45% for SC / ST / BC / PwD ) in the aggregate. Provided that in the case of candidates having Bachelor’s degree of the University through Modern Indian Languages [ Hindi / Urdu / Punjabi ( Gurmukhi script ) and / or in a Classical Language ( Sanskrit / Persian / Arabic ) or degree of any other University obtained in the same manner recognized by the Syndicate, 50% marks in the aggregate shall be calculated by taking into account full percentage of marks in all the papers in Language excluding the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together. (or)
- A pass in the final examination conducted by the (a) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, or (b) Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or England, or (c) Institute of Company Secretaries of India. (or)
- AMIE Examination with 50% marks or more after having passed the diploma examination with 60% marks or above and have at least 5 years research / teaching .or professional experience. And
- Minimum of 10% score ( 5% in case of SC / ST / BC / PwD candidates ) in each component of the Common Admission Test ( CAT ) 2017 viz., quantitative, logic & data interpretation, and verbal and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2017.
Important Note : Whether in the General Category or in any of the reserved categories, a candidate must fulfill both the criteria.
PU UBS MBA 2018 Seats
|Category||MBA||MBA - HR||MBA - IB|
|Persons with disability ( pwd )||2||1||1|
|Riots / t errorist victim||1||1||1|
|Defe nce sponsored officer*||1||3||3|
|Non Resident Indian ( NRI )||9||4||4|
|Wards of kargil war**||1||1||1|
|Kashmiri displaced persons||1||1||1|
|One girl child out of the only two Girl children ( ogc ) ***||2||21||12|
|Cancer / aids / thalassemia patients***||1 Each||1 Each||1 Each|
|Rural area students ***||2||2||2|
|Border area students ***||1||1||1|
|Youth festival ***||1||1||1|
- Additional seats are over and above the total seat.
- Additional seats for wards of Kargil war as per the Syndicate decision of dated 29th July, 2008.
- Additional Seats and eligibility criteria subject to approval of the Syndicate of Panjab University.
UBS 2018 Application Form
- Read carefully UBS Handbook of Information.
- Register Online. ( last date for registration : February, 2018 ).
- Note down the Login Id and Password ( login details will be sent to your registered Email Id also ).
- Take print out of bank slip ( bank slip can also be downloaded from account using login id and password ).
- Deposit fee using website generated bank slip at any SBI branch, minimum one day after printing of bank slip. ( Last date for submission of fee in any SBI branch February, 2018 ).
- Login again after 24 Hrs. of depositing fee and upload scanned photograph, signature, fill other important information. Complete each section ( Profile, Categories, Academic Qualification) carefully and lock each section. ( Once you lock the section, you will not be allowed to change information in that section ). ( Last date for completion of form is February, 2018 ).
- Take print out of the application form and submit / send it along with the required documents to the address mentioned on the print out of the application form. ( Last date for submission of hard copy of application form & documents: March, 2018 upto 4:00 PM ).
- General Category : 2500 /-
- SC / ST / PwD Category : 1250 /-
PU UBS 2018 Admission Procedure
- Admission for these courses will be made on the basis of merit determined by scores of the candidates in Common Admission Test ( CAT ) 2017 conducted by IIMs, followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview ( GD & PI ). All candidates wishing to apply for MBA Programmes at UBS must take Common Admission Test ( CAT ) 2017 conducted by IIMs. The candidates are advised to visit UBS admission website for detailed instructions & procedure for participation in the admission process. The hard copy of the application along with necessary documents should reach UBS latest by March, 2018 upto 4:00 PM. Thereafter no application shall be accepted. Panjab University shall not be responsible for any postal delay in delivery or loss in transit of application form.
- The candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview on the basis of their score in the CAT 2017 subject to the condition that they secure a minimum 10% score ( 5% in case of SC / ST / BC / PwD ) candidates ) in each component of CAT 2017 viz., quantitative logic & data interpretation, and verbal, and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2017, Whether in the General Category or in any of the reserved categories, no candidate who has secured less than the said minimum score in CAT shall be eligible to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- The number of candidates to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be equal to eight times the total number of seats of all these courses in each category or the total number of eligible candidate, which ever is lower.
UBS MBA 2018 Selection Process
The weightage for CAT, Group Discussion and Personal Interview for preparing the final Merit List for admission will be as follows :
- Written Test of CAT is 85% ( of CAT 2016 Percentage score & not Percentile ).
- Group Discussion 7.5%
- Personal Interview is 7.5%
In case of a tie, the following rules would apply :
- A candidate getting higher percentage in the qualifying examination shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if the marks in the qualifying examination are also the same then the candidate obtaining more marks in the immediate lower examination shall rank higher in order of merit.
- That if two or more candidates secure equal marks in ( I ) & ( ii ) above, the candidate senior in age shall rank higher in order of merit.
Note : When the provisional lists of candidates ( based on merit ) are displayed on the Notice Board, the Chairpersons shall mention the fact that this list is subject to change on account of improvement of result of the qualifying examination wherever applicable. The new result must be presented at the time of interview / operating of the waiting list.
UBS MBA 2018 Results
UBS MBS Exam Date
Panjab University UBS Entrance Exam will be based on CAT 2017.
UBS MBA Results
To know more about CAT Results Click Here
UBS MBA 2018 Important Dates
|1||Online registration starts on||January, 2018|
|2||Last date of submission of information on the website to |
generate the Bank Challan
|3||Last date of submission of fee in any branch of State Bank |
of India using website generated challan
|4||Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest |
of the information on the website after depositing fee in SBI
|5||Last date for submission of hard copy of the application form |
along with the requisite documents ( mentioned on the
application form print out ) to office of UBS
To know more about PU UBS Question Papers Click Here
University Business School,
Chandigarh – 160 014, India.
Telephone No. : +91 ( 172 ) 2534701, 2534702, 2541389.
Fax No. : +91 ( 172 ) 2541591.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in.