Panjab University Business School – PU UBS MBA Exam 2021MBA Entrance Exam » UBS »
PU UBS 2021 MBA Entrance Exam
Admission for these courses will be made on the basis of merit determined by scores of the candidates in the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 conducted by IIMs, followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview (GD & PI). All candidates aspiring to apply for MBA Programmes at UBS must take the Common Admission Test (CAT) – 2020 conducted by the IIMs. The candidates are advised to visit the UBS admission website https://ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in for detailed instructions and procedure for participation in the admission process.
The hard copy of the application along with necessary documents should reach UBS latest by 16.02.2021(Tuseday) upto 04:00 p.m. No application shall be accepted thereafter. Panjab University shall not be responsible for any postal delay in delivery or loss in transit of application form.
The candidates will be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview based on their score in the CAT 2020 subject to the condition that they secure a minimum 10% score (5% in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD) candidates in each component of CAT 2020, viz., quantitative logic and data interpretation, and verbal, and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2020. Whether in the General Category or any of the reserved categories, no candidate who has secured less than the said minimum score in CAT shall be eligible to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
The number of candidates to be called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be equal to eight times the total number of seats of all these courses in each category or the total number of eligible candidate, whichever is lower.
Explanation: While working out the percentage of seats in the reserved category (refer to guidelines for percentage of reserved/open seat), if the number arrived at contains a fraction, the same shall be resolved as follows:-If the fraction is 0.5 or more, it shall be rounded off to 1; if it is less than 0.5, it shall be ignored. This shall, however, not affect the total number of seats in the General Category. To ensure this, if the total number of seats after making this adjustment, exceeds the prescribed number fixed for the course, the necessary additional seats shall be created with the prior permission of the D.U.I./ Vice-Chancellor, Such seats, if created, shall be treated as additional only for the year in question. The additional seats, if required to be created, shall be created only for the reserved category and not for the general category. Such additional seat, if remains unfilled, will not be converted to general category.
The Group Discussion and Personal Interview of the short-listed candidates will be held at University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh. The invitation for attending GD & PI & schedule of GD & PI would be put on the UBS admission website https://ubsadmissions.puchd.ac.in only. Alert about the schedule of GD & PI would be sent to the registered email address of the candidates. No other communication shall be made in this context.
Attendance in Group Discussion and Personal Interview is a must. If any candidate does not attend any one of the components, GD or PI, his/her candidature shall
stand cancelled Final Merit List of all the candidates called and appeared for GD & PI will be prepared category-wise on the basis of their combined aggregate score in the CAT 2020 Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
SUBMISSION OF DOCUMENTS
The candidates under reserved categories must submit the necessary certificate(s) required by the University in the prescribed proforma given in the UBS Handbook of Information 2021 along with their application form
PU UBS MBA Course
- Master of Commerce (Honours)
- Master of Business Administration (Human Resource)
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Business Administration for Entrepreneurship
- Master of Business Administration for Executives
Panjab University UBS MBA 2021 Eligibility
ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION
- Master of Business Administration – MBA
- Master of Business Administration (International Business) – MBA(IB)
- Master of Business Administration (Human Resource) – MBA(HR)
- Master of Business Administration (Entrepreneurship) – MBA(EP)
THE MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION WOULD BE AS FOLLOWS :
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline of the University or a degree of any other University which has been recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent there to with
not less than 50% marks (45% for SC/ST/BC/PwD) in the aggregate. Provided that in the case of candidates having Bachelor’s degree of the University through Modern Indian Languages [Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi(Gurmukhi script)] and/or in a Classical Language (Sanskrit/Persian/Arabic) or degree of any other University obtained in the same manner recognized by the Syndicate, 50% marks in the aggregate shall be calculated by taking into account full percentage of marks in all the papers in Language excluding the additional optional paper, English and the elective subject taken together.
- ) A pass in the final examination conducted by the (a) Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or England, or (b) Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of
India or England, or (c) Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- ) AMIE Examination with 50% marks or more after having passed the diploma examination with 60% marks or above and have at least 5 years research/teaching or professional experience.
- Minimum of 10% score (5% in case of SC/ST/BC/PwD candidates) in each component of the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2020 viz., quantitative, logic and data interpretation, and verbal and/or any other component which may be added later at any stage to the CAT 2020
IMPORTANT NOTE: Whether in the General Category or in any of the reserved categories, a candidate must fulfill both the criteria given in (a) and (b) above in order to be eligible for admission.
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to MBA Programmes shall pay Rs. 3250/- (Rs. 1625/- for SC / ST / PwD candidates) as application / registration fee (non-refundable) for participation in the admission process for the session 2021-2022.
Tuition Fee is being finalized by PU authorities. The Fee to be paid through online payment mode towards part payment of the tuition fee and other university charges
Further, the candidates will have to deposit Rs. 19,000/-* by Demand Draft in favour of the Chairman, University Business School, Panjab University, Chandigarh, payable at Chandigarh/through online transaction towards Summer Placement (Rs. 3500/-), Teaching Materials/Case Unit (Rs. 7000/-), Business Club (Rs. 4000/-) and Computer Charges(Rs. 2000/-) , Alumni Relations (Rs. 2500/-) etc.
The PU authorities have not finalized the fee structure for the session 2021-2022 as of date.
Tuition fee payable for MBA/MBA (IB)/ MBA (HR) for academic session 2020-21 was Rs. 18,725/- per annum for first year and Rs. 19,700/- per annum for second year (2021-2022), and that for MBA (EP) was Rs. 1,00,000/- per annum for first year and Rs. 1,05,000/- per annum for second year. Under Honours School System at UBS w.e.f. 2019 from Batch 2019-2021 (Academic Council decision dated 26.06.2018).
CANCELLATION OF SEATS/ADMISSION
Admission of all such students who fail to attend at least 33% of the total lectures delivered and practicals held in all the papers during the first 10 working days from the start of teaching work in the course concerned shall be cancelled by the Board of Control/Joint Admission Cell after following the procedure given below
- By the 12 day after the start of classes for a particular course, the names of those students who fail to attend at least 33% of the total lectures/tutorial/practical etc. shall be put up on the Notice Board and online Notice Board of the Department and also send a copy of the same to the office of the D.U.I. Within 4 days of the date of such notice, a student who is short of attendance may give in writing the reasons for his/her absence from the classes.
- If a student does not submit an application in writing within the prescribed time as stated above, or the reasons adduced by the student in his application are not found to be sufficient and justified in the opinion of the Board of Control/Joint Admission Cell, his/her admission shall be cancelled.
- All the seats thus falling vacant shall be filled strictly in the order of merit from the waiting list or through subsequent counselling before the expiry of the last date fixed for admission by the University.
- When the admission of the student(s) is cancelled as stated above, the Department shall display on the Notice Board and online Notice Board, the list of the person(s) next in the waiting list and make admissions accordingly.
- Approval will be sought from the D.U.I. for the cancellation of admission and permission to fill up the cancelled seat/s.
NOTE: It is obligatory on the part of Departments to display vacant seats on the Online Notice Board of the Department. The candidates are advised to browse the website regularly.
Migration from any other Business School/ University/College including UBS, PURC, Ludhiana to UBS, PU, Chandigarh, shall not be allowed
GUIDELINES FOR PERCENTAGE OF RESERVED/GENERAL SEATS
IMPORTANT NOTE :
The number of seats in each course offered in the Teaching Departments, as announced in the Admission Notice/s, shall be strictly adhered to, except for such minor adjustments as may be necessary on account of rounding off fractions to accommodate reservations, as given below:
- 53.5% of the seats in each course shall be treated as belonging to the General Category
- 46.5% seats shall be treated as belonging to the Reserved Category, as per details given
- ) 15% for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes.
- 7.5% for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes.
- 5% for candidates belonging to Backward Classes.
The above reservation shall be subject the following conditions:
- The number of students admitted on merit of General Category shall not be included in the number of seats reserved;
- Member of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes and Backward Classes shall be allowed a concession of 5% marks for admission to the courses in which a certain percentage of minimum marks has been prescribed provided they have obtained minimum pass marks prescribed by the regulation;
- In case the seats earmarked of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes remain unfilled, a further relaxation in marks may be given, in order of merit inter-se amongst the candidates themselves, so that all the reserved seats are filled by candidates belonging the these categories. This, however, will not apply for M.B.B.S. admission; and
- A Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe person on migration from the State of his origin will not lose his status as Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe but he/she will be entitled to the concessions/benefits admissible to the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes from the State of his origin and not from the State where he has migrated. [Regulation 29.1, P.U. Cal. Vol. 1, 2007.
- 5% seats will be horizontally reserved for persons or class of Persons with Disability (PwD)* outof which 1% each shall be reserved for persons suffering from the disabilities specified under the RPWD 2016 Act.
|Online registration starts on||December 18, 2021|
|Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Login & Password||February 1, 2021|
|Last date for submission of fee in any branch of State Bank of India using website generated challan||February 5, 2021|
|Last date for deposit of fee through Online mode||February 5, 2021|
|Last date for uploading photograph, signature along with other information on the aforesaid website after depositing fee||February 8, 2021|
|Last date for submission of hard copy of Application Form to UBS office (along with photocopy of certificates)||February 16, 2021 upto 5:00 p.m.|
V. R. Sinha
University Business School
Arts Block III
Chandigarh, U.T. – 160014
Telephone: +91 172 2541591, 2534709
Application Form Submission 16 Dec 2020 to 16 Jan 2021.