XAT 2018 Preparation Tips
|Home Page||Entrance Exam||Application Form||Exam Centres||Associate Institutes||Results|
XAT Preparation Tips 2018
Main Areas to Prepare for XAT 2018 Exam
XAT has 5 sections :
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language & Logical Reasoning
- Decision Making
- General Knowledge
XAT 2018 Preparation Tips
- It is a paper – pen based test, not an online test.
- Surely take some Mock XATs Exam, from any of the top coaching institutes which is very helpful for the students to prepare for XAT.
Changes in XAT 2018
- The paper is concerned, no change is known as of now.
- They have said that the cut-offs would be reduced which means comparatively lesser weighting to XAT because they want a better mix of people.
- Level of difficulty is also expected to be lesser this year.
- XAT Score is accepted by 130 B – Schools across India.
- Some of them are XLRI, XIM – B, SP Jain, IMT – Ghaziabad, TAPMI Manipal, IFMR Chennai, GIM Goa, Welingkar Mumbai and Liba Chennai.
Strategy for Essay Writing :
- Essay writing requires clear thinking, structured thought process, good argument analysis and effective writing.
- Practice writing essays within 20 min and seek feedback from your teachers / experts.
Prepare to get Admission on Xaviers Institutes :
- In addition to XAT, B – Schools have Group Discussions and Personal Interviews.
- For Group Discussion, it requires very good knowledge and communication skills.
- For interview, preparation is on your Acads / Work exp / Goals / Personality – Related / Hobbies etc.
- The Interview mainly contains questions like Acads – Based.
- At least we should be able to answer the basic / medium level questions.
XAT differ from others :
- XAT is quite similar to CAT in terms of the course, areas covered, b-schools covered, and difficulty level.
- XAT has an essay, which other exams not have essay.
- Other exams like SNAP are generally easier.
- For the section on Quantitative Ability, a good Preparation for CAT should be more than sufficient.
- For the section on Decision Making, it would be advisable for students to revise concepts pertaining to Puzzles and Decision making Questions.
- They should especially focus on practicing the Distribution based puzzles.
- For the section on English Language & Logical Reasoning, it would be advisable for students to revise concepts pertaining to RC, Sentence correction, Vocabulary based questions ( words confused ), Para formation, Logical reasoning questions ( especially on identifying argument structure, argument elements and inference based questions ).
- Students should also focus on Figures of Speech as there have been questions on identifying metaphors, oxymorons, personification, etc. in previous years’ XAT papers.