XAT FAQ 2014
|Important : XLRI XAT 2014 Exam Date has been Announced. XAT 2014 Detailed Notification is not yet issued. Often visit this page for regular update..|
|XLRI XAT 2014 Online Practice Test Available Now|
XAT FAQ 2013
1. When does the Registration for XAT 2013 Start?
Registration for XAT 2013 starts on 1st September 2012 and ends on 30th November 2012.
2. What is the last date for receiving XAT 2013 Confirmation Page ?
Last date is 5th December 2012.
3. What is the eligibility criteria for taking XAT 2013?
A bachelors degree under 10 + 2 + 3 system from a recognized university or a deemed university.
4. I have less than 50% in graduation, am I eligible to apply for XAT 2013?
Yes, you are eligible to apply for XAT 2013.
5. I am in the final year of my graduation, am I eligible to take XAT 2013 for applying to XLRI or more than 85 other XLRI associated Management Institutes?
Yes, you are eligible for admission to XLRI. You need to complete your final year examination by June 10, 2013. Other XAT Members Institutes may have a different date regarding the completion of the final examination.
6. I am in the final year of my graduation, what percentage should I fill in the form?
Please enter the aggregate percentage obtained in the previous years of the qualifying degree.
7. By Buying and filling in the XAT 2013 form, am I eligible for XLRI and other Institutes?
The XAT is a common test for admission into academic programs of XLRI and more than 80 other Institutes ( refer XAT member Institutes in the home page ). If you are interested in XLRI or any other XAT member institute, you need to register and apply separately for the academic programmes of the concerned institute.
8. How many Centres are there for the Test?
There are 38 cities in India and 4 international cities in which XAT 2013 exam shall be conducted. In Metros and large cities there will be multiple Test Centres.
9. When are XAT 2013 results out?
Results will be available on the website by 31st January 2013.
10. I have lost the XAT 2013 pay – in – slip which was stamped by Axis bank.
Go to the Axis Bank Branch where you paid the XAT charges with a copy of the XAT printable page and request them to give you a photocopy of the pay-in-slip and put COPY along with bank’s original seal and signature on it.
11. When shall I receive the XAT 2013 Admit Card?
You can download your admit card from our website xatonline.net.in any time during 18th December, 2012 – 31st December, 2012. XAT office will not be sending admit cards to any candidates.
12. When do I get to know the Centre address for XAT 2013?
You can visit our website www.xatonline.net.in any time during December 18, 2012 – December 31, 2012 to know about the Centre.
13. What time do I report to the test Centre?
You are expected to reach the Test Centre before 10:00 A.M on the day of the test. This will help you to locate your seat and give you some time to reflect.
14. What is the duration of the test?
The XAT 2013 test will be of 2 Â½ hours i.e. from 10:30 A.M to 1:00 P.M.
15. What is the kind of Test and what are the different components?
The XAT 2013 test is multiple choice type which will be of 2 hours duration followed by an additional test which is of 20 minutes duration. The format of the additional test may range from an open-ended essay or a multiple – choice type.
16. How to download XAT 2013 Pay-in-slip?
You can download by accessing the link after completing the application in all respects and uploading the photograph and signature files.
17. For applying to XAT 2013, do we need to take the SC / ST certificate to Axis Bank?
Yes, the file size of the photograph or the signature file should not be more than 50 KB each. See the following For steps to reduce file size.
Steps to reduce the file size of scanned photographs & signatures
Please note that all applicants are required to upload their scanned ( digital ) photographs and signature and the file size of each of the Photograph and Signature should not be more than *50 KB per file. The online application system will not allow to upload files larger than 50 KB. All Candidates have to upload his / her Photograph and Signature only in “Jpeg” format and file name of Photograph and signature should preferably be photo.jpeg and sign.jpeg respectively.
For Uploading photograph
- Take your recent colour passport size photograph in digital format. The picture should be taken against a light/white background. In case the face on the photograph is not clear , your application is liable to be rejected<
- File size of each of the Photograph should not be more than 50 KB per file , otherwise it will not be allowed by the System to upload.
For Uploading Signature
- The candidate himself / herself should sign ( no capital letters ) on a white paper with a black ink pen.
- Scan the signature in 200 dpi ( dots per inch) scanner resolution settings and the file size should be less than 50 kb in jpeg format.
- To reduce the size, crop the image of the signature in MS Paint or any other Photo Editor. Please ensure that only the signature portion is cropped and not the entire A4 paper on which you have signed.
Once the photograph and signature is uploaded by the candidate successfully , System will generate a Confirmation page of the applicant on the screen with pre printed Photograph and Signature .
How to ensure that the Photograph and Signature are within 50 KB per file.
- Should you have a digital photograph or signature, please open the same in MS Paint by right clicking the photograph.
- Press Ctrl + W ,a window will open which will have an option ‘resize by %’. Here enter anything between 10 to 50% and save the file with an extension .jpeg.
- Check for the size of the file in ‘properties’. If the file size is still higher than 50 KB, once again open in paint and resize it to bring it down to less than 50KB.
- Repeat this process till the file size is less than 50 KB.
- Save this file with the file Name as mentioned above as photo.jpeg and sign.jpeg
19. When can I check & confirm my photo and signature before admit card is generated?
You are required to upload your recent passport size colour photograph ( full height photographs / portions cut from group photographs etc. will not be accepted and the application summarily rejected ) and your signature as per the instructions given on the relevant page and once you have uploaded them correctly, the page will display your photograph and signature. Only after you complete this section of the XAT 2013 online form will you be able to make the payment.
20. What are the payment options available to a candidate?
You could either opt to make the payment through the payment gateway or through cash payment in any branch of Axis Bank .In case you choose to opt to make the payment through Axis Bank branch, on selecting the appropriate option take a print out of the bank Pay – in – slip which is in three parts. The bank will return two parts of the Pay-in-slip duly signed & stamped .Retain your copy of the slip and paste the XAT copy on the XAT REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE – CASH MODE and send it to XAT Office.
21. What is the XAT Registration Confirmation page?
If you have opted to make the payment through the payment gateway, after you successfully make the payment, a XAT Registration Confirmation Page – Online Payment Mode will appear and you need to take a print out of the same , sign it and sent it by post / courier to XAT office, XLRI, C.H. Area ( East ) Jamshedpur – 831 001. The last date of receipt is 5th Dec. 2012.
Should you opt to make the payment in cash through Axis Bank branch, on selecting the appropriate option take a print out of the bank Pay-in-slip which is in three parts. The bank will return two parts of the Pay – in – slip duly signed & stamped. Retain your copy of the slip. Log in to xatonline.net.in and enter the transaction no. date of payment, Branch Name etc.and take a print out of the XAT REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION PAGE – CASH MODE. Paste the XLRI copy of the Bank Pay-in-slip on the XAT Confirmation page and send it to XAT Office, XLRI, C.H. Area ( East ) Jamshedpur – 831 001.
22. When can I check & confirm if XAT Office has received my XAT confirmation page?
XAT office on receipt of the XAT Registration Confirmation Page will after verifying from the bank, update on a first come first served basis until December 5th 2012. Candidates have to log in through their XAT id to check if their form has been received or not.
23. How will my data be used by XAT Associate Institutes?
The XAT database would be accessible to all institutes who are XAT Associate Members.
24. I have registered for XAT 2013 by making an online payment through credit card. Unfortunately after the payment I am unable to view the final confirmation and the system was not able to give the reference No. & a message is displayed as “PAGE EXPIRED”, although the bank has confirmed the debit.
This could be a temporary problem and will get resolved within 24 hours. Please wait for 24 hours and send a mail to email@example.com only if you are still not able to view the final confirmation page. Please do not attempt to make a second payment immediately.
25. I have paid twice using online payment option. What should I do?
Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your XAT ID, date of payment and the credit / debit card details ( first six & last 3 digits and card expiry date ).
26. On completion of the payment process either online or bank pay-in-slip mode, will I get a confirmation page through email?
No, confirmation page will not be sent through email. Please login again and click on “Print Confirmation Page”. For some reason, if you do not find this link immediately, please wait for 24hrs for the link to appear. Incase the link does not appear in 24hrs, write to email@example.com with your XATID and date of payment.
27. What do I do if I am unable to make the payment online?
Online payments involve multiple agencies and there are chances that your payment is timed out or declined .If you encounter any such problems, we suggest you make the payment by Cash Mode through any branch of Axis Bank. Please read through the process for making the payment through Cash Mode at http://xatonline.net.in/procbankslip.aspx
XLRI XAT 2014 Navigation : XAT 2014 FAQ, XAT 2014 Preparation Tips, XAT 2013 Results, XLRI XAT 2014 Associate Institutes List, XAT 2014 Associate Colleges, XAT 2014 Associate Institutes, XAT 2014 Bank Branches, XAT 2014 Exam Centres, XAT 2014 Online Application Form, XAT 2014 Entrance Exam, XLRI XAT Preparation Question Bank CD
XLRI XAT Related : XLRI XAT 2014 FAQ, XAT 2014 Exam Queries, XAT 2014 FAQ Questions, XAT FAQ 2014, XAT 2014 MBA Test Queries, XAT 2014 Frequently Asked Questions, XAT 2014 FAQ Question and Answers, XAT 2014 FAQ Forum, Detail of XAT Examination 2014, XAT 2014 Exam Detailed Information, XAT 2014 Discussion, XAT 2014 Registration FAQ, XAT 2014 Application Form Queries, XAT 2014 Result Analysis, XAT 2014 Score Details, XAT 2014 FAQ Details, Frequently Asked Questions about XAT 2014, XAT 2014 Scoring Techniques, Validity of XAT Score 2014, XAT 2014 Cut off Marks, Xavier Aptitude Test FAQ 2014, XAT 2014 Cut off for XLRI, XAT Entrance FAQ 2014 ,
Posted In mba entrance exam : xlri xat : Leave a response for xat faq 2014 by priya