XAT 2014 Preparation Tips
XAT 2014 Preparation Tips
Main Areas to Prepare for XAT 2014 Exam
- XAT has 3 sections : Quantitative Ability and Interpretation ( DI ), Reasoning including Decision making Ability and Verbal Ability including Reading Comprehension ( RC ).
- Areas are pretty much similar to CAT .
XAT 2014 Preparation Tips
- It is a paper – pen based test, not an online test.
- Surely take some Mock XATs Exam, from any of the top coaching institutes which is very helpful for the students to prepare for XAT.
Decision Making Description :
- Decision making questions involve a given situation which has some problem to be solved; you need to understand the situation and among the options, select the best alternative that should be adopted.
Data Interpretation Description :
- Data Interpretation sometimes can be difficult / lengthy and questions may be calculation-intensive.
- The key is to be good in percentages, ratios and other basic maths concepts and then, follow it up with practicing different types of questions based on line graphs, pie charts, bar graphs, etc.
Comprehension and Vocabulary :
- Vocabulary and Reading Vocabulary based questions are a part of XAT.
- They come in the Verbal / Logical section.
XAT Marks percentile :
- There were 101 questions – total marks 253 on Last year.
- There is a change over every year.
Changes in XAT 2014
- The paper is concerned, no change is known as of now.
- They have said that the cut-offs would be reduced which means comparatively lesser weighting to XAT because they want a better mix of people.
- Level of difficulty is also expected to be lesser this year.
XAT 2014 Score Accepting Institutes :
- XAT Score is accepted by more than 100 B – Schools across India.
- Some of them are XLRI, XIM – B, SP Jain, IMT – Ghaziabad, TAPMI Manipal, IFMR Chennai, GIM Goa, Welingkar Mumbai and Liba Chennai.
- Analytical reasoning including decision making – it involves puzzles and situation – based questions.
- Verbal / Logic, it has RC, verbal ability like fill in the blanks, Para jumbles, Para completion, reasoning.
- Quant and DI : It has maths ( class 10th mostly and some class 12th based ) as well as data interpretation which is about answering questions based on given Data / Graphs / charts / Case lets etc.
Strategy for Essay Writing :
- Essay writing requires clear thinking, structured thought process, good argument analysis and effective writing.
- Practice writing essays within 20 min and seek feedback from your teachers/experts.
Cut-off marks and Negative marking :
- XAT does have sectional cut-offs which are decided based on the marks secured by all students.
- Negative marking were put for one-fourth of the marks allocated per question answered wrongly.
Xavier’s Institutes and their Cut – off Score :
- XLRI is undoubtedly the best followed by XIM – B, XIME, XISS and so on.
- Cut-off percentile last year was 95+ but that can vary every year.
- Scores obviously depend on the difficulty level of the paper – in an easier paper, cut-offs will go higher.
Sectional Marks in Question Paper :
- For top B – Schools you need to clear the sectional cut-off in each section before your total score is considered.
- Last year, cut-offs were 70 percentile in VA, 90 percentile in QA, 80 percentile in AR.
Weighting of XAT 2014
- Last year, XAT got 50% weighting and GD / Interview remaining 50%.
Prepare to get Admission on Xaviers Institutes :
- In addition to XAT, B – Schools have Group Discussions and Personal Interviews.
- For Group Discussion, it requires very good knowledge and communication skills.
- For interview, preparation is on your Acads / Work exp / Goals / Personality – Related / Hobbies etc.
- The Interview mainly contains questions like Acads – Based.
- At least we should be able to answer the basic / medium level questions.
XAT differ from others :
- XAT is quite similar to CAT in terms of the course, areas covered, b-schools covered, and difficulty level.
- XAT has an essay, which other exams not have essay.
- Other exams like SNAP are generally easier.
XAT 2014 Exam Guidelines :
- For the section on Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, a good Preparation for CAT should be more than sufficient.
- For the section on Analytical Reasoning Decision Making, it would be advisable for students to revise concepts pertaining to Puzzles and Decision making Questions.
- They should especially focus on practicing the Distribution based puzzles.
- For the section on Verbal Logical Ability, it would be advisable for students to revise concepts pertaining to RC, Sentence correction, Vocabulary based questions ( words confused ), Para formation, Logical reasoning questions ( especially on identifying argument structure, argument elements and inference based questions ).
- Students should also focus on Figures of Speech as there have been questions on identifying metaphors, oxymorons, personification, etc. in previous years’ XAT papers.
XLRI XAT 2014 Navigation : XAT 2014 FAQ, XAT 2014 Preparation Tips, XAT 2014 Results, XLRI XAT 2014 Associate Institutes List, XAT 2014 Score Accepting Colleges, XAT 2014 Associate Institutes, XAT 2014 Bank Branches, XAT 2014 Exam Centres, XAT 2014 Online Application Form, XAT 2014 Entrance Exam, XLRI XAT Preparation Question Bank CD
XLRI XAT Related : XLRI XAT Exam Preparations 2014, XLRI XAT 2014 Preparation Tips, XAT 2014 MBA Preparation Tips, XAT 2014 Preparation Tips, XAT 2014 Decision Making Tips, XAT 2014 Online Preparation Tips, XAT 2014 Preparation Material, How to Prepare for XAT 2014, XAT 2014 Negative Marking, XAT 2014 Preparation Methods, XAT 2014 Comprehension Preparations, XAT 2014 Preparations in Vocabulary, XAT 2014 Preparation Steps, XAT 2014 Preparation Areas, XAT 2014 Mark Percentage, Preparation Tips for XAT 2014, Marking Scheme of XAT 2014, XAT 2014 Cut Off, XAT 2014 Preparation Online, XAT 2014 Score Weightage, XAT 2014 Preparation Books, XAT 2014 Exam Guidelines, Best Book for XAT 2014, Xavier Aptitude Test Preparation Tips 2014, Analytical Reasoning and Decision Making XAT Question Types 2014, XAT 2014 Score Accepting Institutes, XAT Entrance 2014 Samples, Expected Essay Topics for XAT 2014,
XAT Entrance Exam Preparation Tips 2014 – XLRI XAT Preparation Areas 2014 – XAT Cut off 2014 – XAT MBA Preparation Books 2014 – Tips for XLRI XAT Exam Preparation 2014.
Posted In mba entrance exam : xlri xat : Leave a response for xat 2014 preparation tips by priya