AP ICET MBA MCA Entrance Exam 2018
AP ICET 2018 is the Integrated Common Entrance Test for admission in to MBA and MCA regular Courses offered by State Universities and Professional Colleges under the Jurisdiction of A.P State Council of Higher Education for the academic year 2018- 2019.
AP ICET Eligibility Criteria 2018
The candidates should be Indian Nationals and should satisfy local / non-local status requirements laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions ( Regulations of Admission ) Order, 1974 as amended.
The candidates shall satisfy the rules of the concerned universities where they take admission.
The candidates seeking admission
- should have studied and passed 3 year Degree course in any faculty conducted by the Universities or its equivalent Degree Examination in 10 + 2 + 3 pattern as recognized by U.G.C ( University Grants Commission ). For recognized universities please log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in/recog_College.aspx. For degrees / universities permitted by distance education bureau, please log on to
http://www.ugc.ac.in/deb and follow the link Recognition information.
- MBA – Degree of 3 years duration from any recognized University or its equivalent with Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10th class level.
- MCA – Degree of 3 years duration with “Mathematics” as one of the subject at Intermediate or Degree level.
- MCA – 2nd year direct ( lateral entry ) – BCA or Degree holders in IT / CS with Mathematics at 10+2 or Degree level.
- Candidate who passed all the subjects of the three years of any Degree course in one sitting is not eligible for admission into MBA or MCA Course.
- Candidate with aggregate marks of 50% ( 45% in case of reserved categories ) are alone are eligible to take admission through ICET as per the latest AICTE Approval Process Handbook 2018-19.
- Candidates shall fulfil the eligibility criteria laid down in relevant Government Orders in vogue at the time of admissions.
- The qualifying Degree obtained by Distance Mode Program should have recognition by Joint Committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC / DEB.
- The candidates who are appearing for the final year degree examination shall also be eligible to appear for APICET 2018.
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
AP ICET Exam Pattern 2018
|Sections||No. of Questions||Duration of Test|
|Section A : Analytical Ability||Duration of the test 150 Minutes|
|(i) Data Sufficiency||20|
|(ii) Problem Solving||55|
|Section B : Mathematical Ability|
|(i) Arithmetical Ability||35|
|(ii) Algebraical and Geometrical Ability||30|
|(iii) Statistical Ability||10|
|Section C : Communication Ability|
|(ii) Business and Computer Terminology||10|
|(iii) Functional Grammar||15|
|(iv) Reading Comprehension||15|
AP ICET Selection Process 2018
Preparation of merit list and assigning of rank in APICET 2018
The candidates who have secured 25% qualifying marks in APICET [ 50 out of 200 ] and candidates belonging to the category of SC and ST to whom qualifying marks have not been prescribed, shall be assigned the rank in the order of the merit on the basis of marks obtained in ICET.
For the preparation of merit list, in case more than one student scoring the same marks at APICET, the tie will be resolved as follows:
- By considering the marks scored in Section-A
- If the tie persists, marks obtained by a student in Section-B will be taken into consideration
- If the tie still persists, the tie will be resolved by taking into account age of the candidate giving the older candidate priority
Merit rank obtained in APICET 2018 is valid for admission in the academic year 2018-19 in the colleges located in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
All disputes arising out of any matter concerning APICET 2018 shall be subject to the jurisdiction of High Court of TS & AP only. In such disputes, only the Convener, APICET 2018 and the Secretary, APSCHE can be impleaded as respondents.
AP ICET Syllabus 2018
Section-A: Analytical Ability
Data Sufficiency : A question is given followed by data in the form of two statements labelled as (i) and (ii ). If the data given in (i) alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (1) is the correct answer. If the data given in (ii) alone is sufficient to answer the question then choice (2) is the correct answer. If both (i) and (ii) put together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement alone is sufficient, then choice (3) is the correct answer. If both (i) and (ii) put together are not sufficient to answer the question and additional data is needed, then choice (4) is the correct answer
a) Sequences and Series: Analogies of numbers and alphabet, completion of blank spaces following the pattern in a:b::c:d relationship; odd thing out: missing number in a sequence or a series.
b) Data Analysis: The data given in a Table, Graph, Bar diagram, Pie Chart, Venn Diagram or a Passage is to be analyzed and the questions pertaining to the data are to be answered
c) Coding and Decoding Problems: A code pattern of English Alphabet is given. A given word or a group of letters are to be coded or decoded based on the given code or codes.
d) Date, Time & Arrangement Problems: Calendar problems, clock problems, blood relationships, arrivals, departures and schedules, seating arrangements, symbol and notation interpretation.
Section-B : Mathematical Ability
Laws of indices, ratio and proportion; surds; numbers and divisibility, l.c.m. and g.c.d; Rational numbers, Ordering.; Percentages; Profit and loss; Partnership, Pipes and cisterns, time, distance and work problems, areas and volumes, mensuration, modular arithmetic.
Algebraical and Geometrical Ability
Statements, Truth tables, implication converse and inverse,
Tautologies-Sets, Relations and functions, applications –
Equation of a line in different forms.
Trigonometry – Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric ratios of standard angles, (0°, 30°, 45°, 60°, 90°, 180°): Trigonometric identities: sample problems on heights and distances,
Polynomials; Remainder theorem and consequences; Linear equations and
Notion of a limit and derivative;
Plane geometry – lines, Triangles, Quadrilaterals, Circles,
Coordinate geometry-distance between points.
Frequency distributions, Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation, Correlation, simple problems on Probability.
Section-C: Communication Ability
Objectives of the Test :
Candidates will be assessed on the ability to:
1. Identify vocabulary used in day-to-day communication.
2. Understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in business contexts.
3. Identify the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts ( letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc. ).
4. Understand written text and drawing inferences.
- Part 1 : Vocabulary
- Part 2 : Business and Computer terminology
- Part 3 : Functional Grammar
- Part 4 : Reading Comprehension ( 3 Passages )
AP ICET Exam Centres 2018
The test is scheduled to be conducted in the following centers and the candidate can choose centers listed in any two districts.
|ANANTAPUR||ANANTAPUR, GOOTY, HINDUPUR|
|CHITTOOR||CHITTOOR , MADANAPALLE , PUTTUR , TIRUPATI|
|EAST GODAVARI||KAKINADA , RAJAHMUNDRY , AMALAPURAM
|GUNTUR||BAPATLA , GUNTUR , NARASARAOPETA|
|KRISHNA||GUDLAVALLERU, KANCHIKACHERLA, MYLAVARAM, VIJAYAWADA, MACHILIPATNAM|
|PRAKASAM||CHIRALA, MARKAPURAM, ONGOLE|
|SRI POTTI SRI RAMULU NELLORE||GUDUR, KAVALI, NELLORE|
|SRIKAKULAM||RAJAM, SRIKAKULAM, TEKKALI|
|VISAKHAPATNAM||ANAKAPALLI, ANANDAPURAM, GAJUWAKA, VISAKHAPATNAM|
|WEST GODAVARI||BHIMAVARAM, ELURU, NARASAPURAM, TADEPALLIGUDEM|
|YSR KADAPA||KADAPA, PRODDATUR, RAJAMPETA|
MEDIUM OF TEST: English only for Section-C and English & Telugu for Section-A & Section-B of the question paper
AP ICET Application Form 2018
The candidates who satisfy eligibility criteria stated above can apply for APICET 2018 through an online application in the web site www.sche.ap.gov.in/icet the details of which are given in User manual.
Eligible candidates may submit their applications through online mode by paying the application registration and processing fee of 550/- through A.P. online centres / payment gateway ( Credit card / Debit card / Net banking ).
AP ICET Application Fee :
The AP ICET 2018 Application Forms may also be submitted on or before :
- Last Date for submission of AP ICET 2018 Online Applications ( only Registration fee 550/- ) : 14th April, 2018 ( without late fee ).
- Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of 2000/-( + 550/- Registration Fee ) : 24th April, 2018
To know more about Application Form Click Here
AP ICET 2018 Hall Ticket
- AP ICET 2018 Entrance Exam Hall Tickets can be downloaded from the University website www.sche.ap.gov.in/icet only.
AP ICET Results 2018
APICET 2018 Result Date : APICET Entrance Exam Results has been declared
To know more about Result Click Here
AP ICET 2018 Important Dates
|1||Notification of AP ICET 2018||10th March, 2018|
|2||Commencement of Submission of Online application form||16th March, 2018|
|3||Last date for submission of Online Application without late fee ( only Registration fee 550/- )||14th April, 2018|
|4||Last date for submission of online applications with late fee of 2000/- ( + 550/- Registration Fee )||24th April, 2018|
|5||Correction of online application data already submitted by the candidate||15th April, 2018 to 24th April, 2018|
|6||Downloading of Hall-tickets from the website |
|25th April, 2018 onwards|
|7||Date of AP ICET – 2018 Examination||02nd May, 2018 ( Wednesday )|
|8||Time of Examination||10:00 AM to 12:30 PM & 2:30 to 5:00 PM in two sessions|
|9||Declaration of Preliminary Key||04th May, 2018|
|10||Last Date for receiving of objections on Preliminary Key||06th May, 2018|
|11||Declaration of Results||12th May, 2018|
First Floor, New MBA Building,
Sri Venkateswara University,
Tirupathi – 517502,
Chittoor District, Andhra Pradesh,
Telephone No. : 9490803157, 0877 2248488,
Website : www.sche.ap.gov.in/icet.