Karnataka PGCET 2019 Entrance Exam
The Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test 2019 is being conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility / merit, for admission of Karnataka and non-Karnataka candidates to 1st year / 1st semester full time / part time MBA / MCA courses and for admission to 2nd year Lateral Entry to MCA Course in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un-Aided professional educational institutions in the state of Karnataka which will be notified by the Government of Karnataka for the year 2019 – 2020.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Eligibility for MBA
For Full Time MBA courses
A candidate who has passed Recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MBA courses. ( 45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category – I of Karnataka candidates ) ( Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates )
For Part Time MBA courses
A candidate who has passed recognized Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination or equivalent examination and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MBA courses ( 45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category – I of Karnataka candidates). ( Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates ) In addition to this a candidate after obtaining the degree, must have worked for not less than three years as on 31st July 2018, in an establishment and must be working in an organization situated within a radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which the candidate seeks admission.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Eligibility for MCA
For MCA No Part Time courses are offered for MCA
A candidate who has passed any recognized under graduate examination or equivalent examination with Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Science or Computer Applications or Computer Programming or Business Mathematics or Business Statistics as one of the optional subjects and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MCA courses. 45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category – I of Karnataka candidates.
Provided that in respect of candidate who has studied and passed one of the subjects specified above in Pre – University Course with fifty percent of marks in that subject shall also be considered for admission. 45% of marks in case of SC, ST and Category – I of Karnataka candidates.
Lateral Entry to 2nd year MCA
A candidate who has passed recognised Bachelor’s Degree of minimum of 3 years duration examination in BCA, B.Sc ( I.T. / Computer Science ) with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level or at Graduate Level and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects in all the years of the Degree Examination is eligible for admission to MCA courses ( 45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category – I of Karnataka candidates ) ( Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates )
To know more about Karnataka PGCET Entrance Exam Click Here
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Application Form
- Karnataka PGCET 2019 Online Application form is available on the official website of www.kea.kar.nic.in
- Enter all the details through ONLINE by browsing URL on web http://kea.kar.nic.in by selecting “PGCET-2019”. After completion of entry of all the details candidate’s will receive an application ID and Password to their registered email address and also the same information will be displayed on the screen.
- Upload the scanned copy of recent passport size Colour Photo and Signature in JPEG format separately.
- Download and take the printout of the Challan copy which is in triplicate. Candidates of Karnataka origin have to pay an amount of 650/- for General Merit and OBC ( 500/- for SC / ST Category-1 ) for each course. The candidates have to pay the requisite fee in any of the branches of specified Banks. The Bank will retain its copy of the Challan and handover the remaining two copies of the Challan to the candidates.
- Download and take a printout of the application form on A-4 Size paper. Affix candidate’s recent Passport size Photograph, Signature, Left Hand Thumb Impression on the space provided. Afterwards obtain Principal seal and signature from the college where you have studied final year Degree Examination on the space provided in the printed form. The same copy should be produced during document verification along with the copy of the Challan ( KEA copy ).
After asecertaining the payment details from the bank, candidate will be permitted to download the admission ticket.
The information / partiulars entered by the candidates online for PGCET 2019 will be deemed as “final” and will be the basis for further process. No change in any information entered by the candidates will be entertained.
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Admit Card
Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Exam 2019 Hall Ticket has been issued. Karnataka PGCET Exam 2019 Admit Card can be downloaded from the following link : www.kea.kar.nic.in
Candidates should note down their application ID and Password until the completion of filling of the online application. Candidate has to enter all the required details in the form, failing which their application will not be considered. Applications without Photograph and Signature will not be considered as valid. Candidates are not allowed to edit their Application after taking the printout.
To know morw about Karnataka PGCET Application Form Click Here
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Syllabus
- Proficiency in English Language
- General Knowledge
- Test of Reasoning and General Intelligence
- Quantitative Analysis
- Computer Awareness
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
- General English
To know more about Karnataka PGCET Syllabus Click Here
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Results
Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Exam 2019 Result likely to be declared in the month of August, 2019
To know more about Karnataka PGCET Results Click Here
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Counselling
Document Verification Schedule Notification
- Document verification for eligible PGCET-2019 applicants will be held as per the following schedule.
- Non-Karnataka Candidates, GATE Qualified Candidates; Sponsored Quota Candidates, Part Time Quota candidates should attend the documents verification in Bangalore centre only as per their ranks.
- Verification of documents will be done at once for all the disciplines to which the candidate is eligible.
- If a candidate has got multiple ranks, then he / she can come to the Helpline Centre on the scheduled date as per his / her highest rank in any discipline, and need not come again for other ranks in other disciplines.
|Date||Category||Type of Verification||Timings||Place|
|August, 2018||Physically Disabled||Medical Examination||11:30 AM Onwards||Karnataka Examinations Authority,
18th Cross, Sampige Road,
|Ex - Defence ( Only MBA & MCA )||Submission of Ex - Defence Certificates|
9.00 a.m. – 11.00 a.m. Reporting Time: 8.45 a.m. Rank Numbers
11.15 a.m. – 1.15 p.m. Reporting Time: 10.45 a.m. Rank Numbers
2.00 pm – 4.00 pm
Reporting Time: 1.30 p.m. Rank Numbers
4.15 pm – 6.15 pm
Reporting Time: 3.30 p.m. Rank Numbers
|September, 2018||18001||20000||20001||Last rank||-||-||-||-|
The candidate who becomes eligible after verification will only be considered for entry of options. The candidate will have the choice to enter all the options to the courses to which he/she is eligible. Please read e-brochure hosted on the Website for details.
Online Option Entry Schedule
|Option Entry Schedule – First Round|
|1||Display of Seat Matrix and Fee Structure – for all disciplines||September, 2018|
|2||Option Entry by eligible candidates||September, 2018|
|3||Publication of Mock Allotment Results||September, 2018|
|4||Provision to change options if any by|
|5||Publication of Real allotment Result||September, 2018|
|6||Confirmation of Allotment, Payment of Fees, Downloading of Admission Order and Reporting to the colleges.||September, 2018|
|7||Last date for reporting to the colleges.||September, 2018|
|S.No||Particulars||Date and Time|
|Option Entry Schedule – Second and Final Round|
|1||Display of Seat Matrix||September, 2018|
|2||Option Entry by Eligible Candidates||September, 2018|
|3||Publication of Seat Allotment of Second and final round||September, 2018|
|4||Confirmation of Allotment, Payment of Fees, downloading of admission order and reporting to the colleges||September, 2018|
|5||Last date for reporting to colleges||September, 2018|
- Visit http://kea.kar.nic.in for list of Helpline centres. Candidates have to be personally present in the Helpline Centre as per the above schedule for document verification. Verification will not be done after the scheduled date.
- The candidate should compulsorily bring all necessary original documents ( along with one set of attested photocopies ) in support of their claim when they come for verification without fail on the notified date. If any candidate fails to produce any of the original documents / certificates / marks card on the day of verification, such candidate’s documents will not be verified and they will not complete their registration process and subsequently will not be considered for eligibility to exercise their options.
- The candidates who select a seat in the first round and wish to surrender / cancel the selected seat, should surrender the seat on or before the last date fixed for entry of options in the second and final round, i.e., before 10.00 a.m. on September, 2019
- If a candidate decides to surrender his / her seat, he / she have to surrender the seat only to KEA. Merely not reporting to the selected college should not be presumed by the candidate that he / she has surrendered the seat to KEA, i.e., before 10.00 a.m. on September, 2019
- Please read the ‘PGCET-2019 e-Brochure’ for more details regarding, eligibility conditions, documents to be produced, entry of priority of options, exercising the choices, surrender of a selected seat, refund and forfeiture conditions, reporting to the college, etc .
NB : No individual intimation will be sent to the candidates regarding the above schedule.
To know more about Karnataka PGCET Counselling Click Here
Karnataka PGCET 2019 Important Dates
|1||Commencement of Entry of Karnataka PGCET 2018 Online Application Form||19th May, 2018 from 08:00 PM|
|2||Last Date to Enter Application Details Online||15th June, 2018 to 08:00 PM|
|3||Last date to pay the fees in the specified bank||07th June, 2018 AT BANK TIME|
|4||KEA PGCET 2018 Entrance Test for MBA / MCA||15th July, 2018|
Karnataka Examinations Authority,
18th Cross, Sampige Road,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore ‐ 560 012,
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : http://kea.kar.nic.in