Karnataka PGCET MBA Syllabus
Karnataka PGCET 2018 MBA Syllabus
MBA : The broad outline syllabus for the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for MBA PG Courses is detailed below
1.Proficiency in English Language : ( Section – A )
- One word Substitution
- Idioms and phrases
- Pairs expressing relationships
- Famous Books in English Literature
- Sentence Correction
2. General Knowledge : ( Section – B )
- Indian Business Environment
- Global Environment
- Social Events
- Cultural Events
- Political Events
- Historical Events
- Current Affairs
- Personalities and Achievements
- Science and Technology
3. Test of Reasoning and General Intelligence ( Section – C )
- Verbal Ability
- Analytical Ability
- Related Aspects
4. Quantitative Analysis ( Section – D )
- Data Analysis and Interpretation
- Related Quantitative Aspects
Karnataka PGCET MCA Syllabus
Karnataka PGCET 2018 MCA Syllabus
The question papers of the Post Graduate Common Entrance Test for MCA PG Courses are detailed below : The syllabus shall comprise of the following broad areas.
Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, Factorization, Simultaneous Linear / Quadratic equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Binomial Theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Surds, Determinants, Matrices and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.
Co – Ordinate Geometry : Rectangular Cartesian co – ordinates, Equations of Line, Mid – point, Intersections etc, Equations of a Circle, Distance formulae, Pair of straight lines, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Simple Geometric transformations such as Translation, Rotation, Scaling.
Vector : Position vector, addition and subtraction of Vectors, Scalar and Vector products.
Trigonometry : Simple identities, Trigonometric equations, Properties of Triangles, Inverse function.
Probability and Statistics : Basic concept of Probability theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent events, Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, Random variable and Distribution functions, Mathematical Expectations, Binomial, Poisson, Normal distributions, Curve fitting and Principle of Least Squares, Correlation and Regression.
2. Computer Awareness
Computer Basics : Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit ( CPU ), Input / Output devices, Computer Memory, Back – up devices, Computer Languages, Operating Systems.
Data Representation : Representation of Characters, Integers and Fractions, Binary and Hexadecimal representations.
Binary Arithmetic : Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Two’s complement arithmetic, Floating – point representation of numbers, Normalized Floating point representation.
3. Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning : The question in this section will cover Logical Reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Visuo – spatial reasoning.
4. General Awareness : This section shall carry questions to test the general awareness about Business, Finance, Industry, Transportation, Scientific inventions, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural dimensions etc.
5. General English : Questions on Grammar and Vocabulary.