BHU PET Entrance Exam 2017
BHU PET 2017 MCA Eligibility
- Bachelor‟s Degree under at least 10+2+3 pattern in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate, ( including all subjects studied at Bachelor’s level except those subjects where only pass marks are required and which do not contribute to the total in the final ( degree ) marksheet. ) with Mathematics as one of the subjects at either Intermediate or +2 ( 10+2 ) or equivalent examination, or, Bachelor‟s level ( as a main or a subsidiary subject ).
BHU PET 2017 MCA Syllabus
There shall be one paper of 120 minutes duration carrying 360 marks containing 120 multiple-choice questions on Mathematical Aptitude ( about 80 questions ), and Analytical and Logical Reasoning ( about 40 questions ).
- Mathematical Aptitude Test Areas ( +2 Level ) : Logarithms, Inequalities, Matrices and Determinants, Progressions, Binomial Expansion, Permutation and Combination, Equations ( upto degree 2 ), Function and Relation, Complex Arithmetic, 2-D Coordinate Geometry, Basics of Calculus, Basic Concepts of Probability
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning : Questions will be mainly for checking logical conclusion, graphical / data interpretation, etc.
BHU PET 2017 MCA Exam Centers
The BHU 2017 PET Test will be held at the following Centres, provided there are sufficient number of candidates for the concerned Centre :
|BHU MCA 2017 Entrance Exam Centres|
|*Rajiv Gandhi South Campus – Barkachha, Mirzapur|
To know more about Entrance Exam Click Here
Candidates can apply BHU PET 2017 MCA Entrance Exam only through “Online”.
BHU PET 2017 MCA Online Application Form
- Banaras Hindu University 2017 MCA Entrance Test Online Application Form is be available in the following website : www.bhuonline.in
- Its link is also available on the BHU website ( www.bhu.ac.in. ).
- The entire process of making an application for MCA admission in various courses during the academic session 2017 – 2018 has been made “Online”.
- Accordingly, candidates may note that PET 2017 Information Bulletin and Application Form will not be sold ( as there will be no offline mode ) and the candidates desirous of admissions shall be required to register on the Entrance Test portal of BHU and fill up the application form Online as per procedure provided on the Portal.
BHU PET 2017 Application Form Fee
The Candidate shall pay the following Application Processing Fee / Entrance Test fee :
- BHU PET 2017 Application Processing Form Fee : 250/- ( SC / ST )
- BHU PET 2017 MCA Application Processing Fee : 500/- ( Others )
However, in case the candidate makes application ( fills up application form ) for more than one course under PET 2017, the Application Processing Fee / Entrance Test Fee payable by him / her for each subsequent application ( after first application ) shall be charged as per reduced rates given below :
- BHU PET 2017 Application Processing Form Fee : 100/- ( SC / ST )
- BHU PET 2017 MCA Application Processing Fee : 200/- ( Others )
Mode of Payment of Application Processing / Test Fee :
Candidate is required to fill up the PET 2017 Application Form ONLINE as the printed Information Bulletin-cum-Application Form will not be sold by the University. After the candidate has filled up the application form online, he / she will have following options for payment of Application Processing / Entrance Test Fee :
- Online payment through credit card / debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance test portal.
- Payment of Entrance Test Fee in Cash through “Challan” in any branch of HDFC Bank ( facility will be available only during banking hours on any banking day ) : After filling up the application form, its submission and selecting this mode for payment, the candidate can print the Challan from the entrance test portal.
The printout of challan will contain all necessary details of the candidate, bank account details of the Banaras Hindu University in which the entrance test fee will be deposited and the exact amount to be deposited. The candidate will be required to visit any branch of the HDFC Bank of his / her choice ( only during banking hours on any banking day ) where he / she will be required to deposit the requisite Fee amount to the Bank.
BHU PET 2017 Admit Card
Candidates can download the ADMIT CARD from the BHU Entrance Test Portal ( www.bhuonline.in ) around one week prior to date of conduct of test providing the unique registration ID allotted to them at the time of online submission of application form.
E-mail/SMS alert regarding loading of Admit Card will also be sent on the email id/mobile phone number registered by the candidate. Therefore, the candidates are advised to give correct e-mail addresses/ mobile phone numbers for correspondence while filling up the online application form.
If a candidate is unable to download the Admit Card till 03 days before the date of the Test, he/she should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi on Help Desk Phone No. 08574587668 and help desk email id. available on Entrance Test Portal.
The candidate should carefully examine the Admit Card received by him/her for all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy the candidate should inform the Office of the Controller of Examinations immediately. No consideration will be given, if discrepancies are not pointed out timely.
A passport size photograph be affixed (same passport size photograph which has been used for online submission) in the spaceprovided on the printout of the Admit Card under self-attestation.
BHU PET 2017 MCA Admission Procedure
The admission of a candidate in a course will be done only when he / she satisfies all the eligibility requirements, appears in the PET, qualifies in the Entrance Test and completes all formalities required for admission in the course. The admissions shall be made strictly on the basis of merit index in the PET, availability of seats in the course, as per rules given in this Information Bulletin and rules framed by the University from time to time.
The admission process will begin after the declaration of PET results. The admission will be done by the Admission Committees of the respective departments. The concerned Head of the Department/Coordinator will issue electronic call letters to the candidates for Counseling. As soon as the electronic call letters are issued, the shortlisted candidates may „Login‟ on the Candidate‟s segment of the Entrance Test Portal [ www.bhuonline.in ] for downloading the call letter. Information on issue of Call Letter will be sent to the candidate‟s on their registered e-mail ids/ mobile numbers. Therefore the candidates are advised to give correct e-mail addresses/mobile number for correspondence. Candidates may also note that there will be no postal dispatch of call letter. The number of call letters will be nearly two-four times the number of seats available in the course. Admission is based strictly on merit index obtained in the Entrance Test.
To know more about Application form Click Here
Banaras Hindu University PET 2017 Results
BHU PET 2017 Exam Date
Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Tests 2016 MCA Entrance Exam will be conducted on 25th May, 2017.
BHU PET 2017 Result Date
Banaras Hindu University 2017 MCA Result Date : Banaras Hindu University Post Graduate Entrance Exam 2016 MCA Results will be declared on 3rd & 4th week of June, 2017.
Please keep watching this page, to check your BHU PET MCA Results 2017…
To know more about Result Click Here
Banaras Hindu University PET 2017 Counselling
BHU PET 2017 MCA Counselling Procedure :
The University will adopt computerized counseling procedure for admissions to various courses during the academic session 2017 – 2018. The counseling procedure will involve following steps :
Step 1 : Online Preference Entry ( on or after issue of Call Letter and before the Counselling Date ) Every candidate called for counseling for admission to a Course shall be required to fill up an online Preference Entry Form which will be available and active on the on the Candidate’ segment of the Entrance Test Portal [ www.bhuonline.in ] for online preference entry after they have received the password. In the Preference Entry Form, a candidate is required to give his / her preference of the following :
- Choice of Course. This preference option is available only if admission to more than one course is done based on merit index / rank obtained in a Common Test ( some of the PG programs ).
- Preference of location ( Faculty / Department on the Main Campus or RGSC or Affiliated Colleges ). This preference option is available only if a course runs at more than one location.
- Seat Type : Whether the candidate wants seats with regular fee only or he / she is willing to take admission in Paid Seat if the regular fee seats are full. This preference option is not available for Special Courses of Study and certain other regular / professional programs ( such as MCA on the main campus ).
Give your order of preference carefully. No section of the online preference form should be left blank. If any section is left blank, it will be presumed that candidate is not interested in that option. Candidates will get another opportunity of making changes in the entries made in the Online Preference Entry Form on the day of counselling ( prior to verification of documents ). Admission to Paid Seats will be done after the regular fee seats are full.
All those candidates who opted for Paid Seat while filling up the ‘Preference Entry Form’ at the time of Counselling will be arranged in order of merit, their preference of a course ( as given in preference entry form ) and availability of seats. In case a candidate, who initially got provisionally admitted in regular fee seat of his / her lower preference, gets an opportunity of higher preference course / honours / honours ( combinations ) / location under Paid Seat, he / she will be considered for Paid Seat for the course to migrate from his / her lower preference to higher preference.
Step 2 : Activity on the day of Counselling
Reach the counseling venue at the prescribed time / date given in this Call letter. Contact the Counseling Centre / Venue Incharge and mark your attendance by signing the attendance sheet available with the Counseling Centre Incharge.
Discuss with the teachers available at the Counseling Centre / Venue about the available Honours / Course Combinations ( UG programs of Faculty of Science, Arts and Social Science etc ), Options of PG courses ( in case common entrance test is held for admission to more than one course ), locations and fee structures, availability of hostels etc. In case you want to change your preference ( earlier filled up by you ONLINE ), you can do at this stage. Request the Counselling Centre / Venue Incharge for change. After preference entry form is finalised, get its printout, sign it and submit it alongwith other required original documents at the Verification Desk. Preference Entry Form once signed and confirmed by a Candidate on the Counselling Date shall be final and shall not be changed later. The computer will allot seats strictly in order of merit in the entrance test taking into account the order of preference filled up by the candidate and availability of seats.
If a Reserved Meritorious candidate is called for counselling alongwith General category candidates his / her claim on seats reserved for his / her category shall remain intact.
In case you are provisionally admitted, collect the Provisional Admission Letter from the Counselling Centre / Venue Incharge at 10.00 AM on the next day of Counseling. The Admission letter will show the course in which you are provisionally admitted on the date of counseling, amount of admission fee ( regular fee ) to be paid and deadline for fee payment ( ordinarily 4.00 PM of the day following the Counseling date ). In case you are provisionally admitted to a special Course of Study or on Paid Seat, you will be required to pay the Special Course / Paid Seat Fee in addition to regular Fee of the Course. Please checkup from the Counseling Centre Incharge about the amount, mode of payment and deadline for payment of Special Course / Paid Seat Fee.
Mode of Payment of Admission Fee ( Regular Fee of the University ) : After the candidate has received the provisional admission letter from the Counseling Centre / Venue Incharge, he / she will have following options for payment of Admission Fee :
- Online payment through credit card / debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test portal
- Payment of Fee in cash at the Fee Counters ( check the location of the nearest Fee Counter at the Counseling Centre / Venue )
Step 3 : Activity on next day of Counselling date Candidates must submit the proof of payment of admission fee to the Counselling Centre / Venue Incharge latest by 04:00 pm on the next day of the Counselling ( deadline for payment of Fee ). This will not be required if fee is paid Online payment through credit card / debit card through the payment gateway available on the Entrance Test portal. In case they fail to produce the evidence / proof of payment by the said deadline, it will be presumed that he / she is not interested in the admission and his provisional admission letter shall be treated as cancelled / withdrawn.
( i ) After ( i ) each day of counselling and ( ii ) fee payment deadline, computerised allotment / rearrangement of seats in order of merit and based on preference of candidates and availability of seats will be done. There are chances of upward mobility of candidates in the order of preference filled up by him / her after subsequent days of counseling / last day of counseling if the seats in the higher preferences of a candidate get vacated after he / she has attended the counseling. This will be done automatically by the computer. The final allotment will be done by the computer only after the expiry of payment deadline of the last date of counselling. Based on the preference of candidate given at the time of counseling, there could be change in course options, location and seat type ( free to paid and vice versa ). The final allotment done in this manner shall be binding on the candidate.
( ii ) Candidates must have in their possession all the original documents mentioned above. However, Marksheet downloaded from the Website of the concerned examining body ( subject to verification by the Admission Committee ), confidental marksheets or provisional results issued by the Registrar / Controller of Examinations of the concerned University or Secretary of the concerned Board ( in case qualifying examination is of Senior Secondary level ) shall also be entertained at the time of admission. Failure to pay the fees within the prescribed period given in the admission letter will result in cancellation of the allotted seat.
To know more about Counselling Click Here
BHU PET 2017 Important dates
|Availability of PET-2017 ONLINE Form on the Entrance Test Portal||2nd February, 2017|
|Last date for ONLINE submission of Application Forms||4th March, 2017|
|Date of BHU MCA Entrance Exam||25th May, 2017|
|Result||3rd & 4th week of June, 2017|
Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi – 221 005, ( UP ),
Telephone No. : 085745 87668 / 07525 968974 / 07525 968975 / 078448 39863,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.bhu.ac.in/ & www.bhuonline.in.