Birla Institute of Technology – BIT Mesra MCA 2016
The MCA Information Brochure 2016 covers admissions to the 3 year ( 6 semester ) full-time Master in Computer Applications ( MCA ) program 2016 offered at the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, and its Extension Centres at Jaipur, Lalpur and Noida. The program will commence in July 2016.
BIT Mesra MCA 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed with minimum 60% ( 55% for SC / ST/ PwD ) marks in average of all subjects in Class 10.
- Candidates must have passed with minimum 60% ( 55% for SC / ST / PwD ) marks in average of all subjects in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination. The candidates must have passed in Mathematics / Computer Science as one of the subject in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [Class 12 or equivalent] (10+2+3 system).
- Candidates must have one of following qualifications: a) Bachelor of Computer Applications ( BCA ), or b) B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics, or c ) B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at graduate level.
- Candidates with above mentioned qualifications (item-4) must have minimum 60% (55% for SC / ST / PwD ) marks in average in graduation, marks to be computed as average of marks obtained in all subjects in which candidate has appeared.
- Candidates with B.Sc. Honours must have minimum 60% ( 55% for SC / ST/ PwD ) marks in average in their Honours subject.
- Candidates appearing for final examinations of their Bachelor’s program in 2016 can also apply, provided they have obtained requisite marks or equivalent ( as per item 5 or 6 above ) based on latest available grades / marks at the time of applying, and if selected can join the program provisionally. At the time of reporting for the documents verification cum admission such an applicant must bring a certificate in original from the Principal of Institute stating that: a) by 30 June 2016, (s)/he will have appeared for examination in all subjects required for obtaining his/her Bachelor’s degree. b) (s)/he has obtained requisite marks or equivalent ( as per item (5 or 6) above ), based on latest available grades / marks. Their admission will be confirmed only when they submit the mark sheet and a certificate of having passed the Bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification with requisite marks as per item (5 or 6) above. They must submit proof of passing their final examinations with requisite marks by 31 October 2016. Non-fulfillment of this condition will automatically result in the cancellation of the provisional admission.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance-learning programs are eligible only if (a) the programs are recognized by the DEC-IGNOU, (b) they have passed the qualifying examination at the time of applying, with minimum 60% marks in average ( 55% for SC / ST / PwD ) calculated as per item (5 or 6 ) above. They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate and marksheets of qualifying examination with their application. [ Appearing candidate in distance learning programs, whose results are yet to be declared, are not eligible to apply ].
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence ( http://www.edcil.co.in ), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU ( website http://www.aiuweb.org ).
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [ class X, class XII or graduation ], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board / University
To know more about Eligibility Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA 2016 Reservations of Seats
The number of seats to be offered in 2016 for the MCA program at various Centres is as given below :
|Centre||Seats to be offered|
For all programs at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government. Currently the Institute follows reservations as given below for its MCA program.
- For all other programs the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. ( SC – 15% & ST – 7.5% )
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (3%).
- Upto 1 seat at all Centres is reserved for candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- Upto 6% of the seats at its Extension Centres are reserved for candidates who are sons and daughters of serving employees of BIT, who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- At all Centres 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed / are appearing for qualifying examination ( graduation ) from the state in which Centre is located. ( The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his / her College where (s) / he has passed / is appearing for the qualifying examination / graduation ).
[ In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group ].
BIT Mesra MCA 2016 Selection Procedure
- The provisional selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in MCA 2016 Online Test conducted by the Institute.
- Candidates called for the document verification will be offered admission subject to fulfilling the eligibility conditions.
- The waitlisted candidates may be called for document verification and admission process against the vacant seats, if any, in successive rounds, as required. The same will be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
To know more about Selection Procedure Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA 2016 Exam Pattern
The MCA 2016 Online Entrance Test shall comprise of 120 questions to be answered in 2 hours. Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices out of which only one is correct. A candidate must select only the correct answer to score full marks. For each correct answer a candidate will earn 4 marks. For every incorrect answer one mark will be deducted. If a question has not been attempted no credit will be given. The questions will be distributed into various areas as follows and the detailed syllabus is given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions|
|B||Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning||20|
Application Form BIT Mesra MCA 2016
How to Apply :
- To start online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with any body else.
- To apply for the MCA program 2016, eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online [ link available on Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in ]. Pay application fee through State Bank Collect (any nationalized bank) of 2,500/- ( General / OBC candidates ) and 1,500/- ( for SC / ST candidates ). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Send a printout of the completed form along with required enclosures in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier ( means by which sender may track its movement on internet ) to reach positively by the due date to reach positively by the due date :
Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215,
- Write “Application for MCA-2016 on top of the envelope”.
- Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
- You can use the Online Application Form to apply for the MCA program 2016 of the Institute at BIT Jaipur, BIT Lalpur, BIT Mesra and BIT Noida Centres, in order of your preference. However, you must select ALL of your wanted preference of Centres before you submit the form online. Please do not make any corrections or add any preference of Centre by hand on the printout of the form, as these will not be saved to the database.
- Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted. Note: Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
To know more about Application Form Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA 2016 Admit Card
Admit card will be available on the Institute website after 20th May 2016. Candidates may download their Admit Card from the Institute website by entering their Name, Form No. and Date of Birth.
BIT Mesra MCA 2016 Syllabus
- Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning
- Computer Awareness
To know more about Syllabus Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA Results 2016
BIT Mesra Entrance Exam Results likely to be declared in the month of 15th June, 2016.
To know more about Results Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA 2016 Counselling
- Based on the choices given in their BIT Mesra forms, the list of candidates for each Centre will be notified on our BIT Mesra website ( www.bitmesra.ac.in ) and updated regularly. Each BIT Mesra Centre will shortlist candidates for BIT counselling on the basis of their performance in the BIT Mesra MCA Online Entrance Test, provided they have applied for that Centre, and fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned in the preceding pages and our advertisement / notifications on our BIT Mesra Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in.
- BIT Mesra Counselling schedules for each BIT Mesra Centre, based on these scores, will be displayed by Third Week of June, 2016 on the Institute website and Notice Boards at Mesra and concerned BIT Mesra Extension Centres only. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
To know more about Counselling Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA 2016 Important Dates
|1||Filling of online form commences from||9th March, 2016|
|2||Last date for submission of online application||30th April, 2016|
|3||Last date for receipt of printouts of duly completed online forms at BIT, Mesra||6th May, 2016|
|4||Date of Online Entrance Test||4th June, 2016 & 5th June, 2016 ( Saturday & Sunday )|
|5||Declaration of 1 st Provisional Selection List along with complete merit list on the Institute website / Notice Boards||15th June, 2016|
|Classes will commence from the 3rd week of July 2016 at all Centres|
|Apply Online : http://126.96.36.199:8080/psc/bitpublic/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/s/WEBLIB_B_LOGIN.EMPLID.FieldFormula.IScript_B_APP_LOGIN?&|
Dean Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215,
Telephone No : PBX: 0651-2275444 / 896 / 2276496,
Fax no : 0651- 2275401, 2276007,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.bitmesra.ac.in.
mca entrance exam - bit mesra -