Birla Institute of Technology – BIT Mesra MCA 2018
Birla Institute of Technology invites application for Master in Computer Applications ( MCA ) program for the academic year of 2018 – 2019.
BIT Mesra MCA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must have passed in Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practices as one of the subject in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [ Class 12 or equivalent ] ( 10+2+3 system ).
- Candidates must have one of following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Computer Applications, or
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics, or
- B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at graduate level.
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence ( http://www.edcil.co.in ), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU ( website http://www.aiuweb.org ).
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [ class X, class XII or graduation ], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board / University.
To know more about BIT Mesra MCA Entrance Exam Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA 2018 Reservations of Seats
The number of seats to be offered in 2018 for the MCA programme at various Campuses is as given below :
|S.No||Campus||Seats to be offered|
Currently the Institute follows reservations as given below for its MCA programme :
- For all programmes at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programmes the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. ( SC – 15% & ST – 7.5% )
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability ( 3% ).
- Upto 1 seat at all Campuses is reserved for candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- Upto 6% of the seats at its Off Campuses are reserved for candidates who are sons and daughters of serving employees of BIT, who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- At all Campuses 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed / are appearing for qualifying examination ( graduation ) from the state in which Campus is located. ( The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his / her College where (s) / he has passed / is appearing for the qualifying examination / graduation ). [ In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group ].
BIT Mesra MCA Application Form 2018
How to Apply :
- To start online application, click on the link, create ‘username’ and ‘password’ when prompted. Do not share the username and password with any body else.
- To apply for the MCA programme 2018, eligible candidates must complete and submit the application online [ link available on Institute website www.bitmesra.ac.in ]. Pay application fee through State Bank Collect ( any nationalized bank ) of 2,500/- ( General / OBC candidates ) and 1,500/- ( for SC / ST candidates ). Fee once remitted shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Send a printout of electronically generated application form along with required enclosures ( see List of Enclosures ) in a A4 size envelope by Speedpost / reliable courier means by which sender may track its movement on internet ) to the office of Dean, Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi – 835215, to reach positively by the due date.
- Write “Application for MCA-2018 on top of the envelope”.
- Applications reaching us after the due date are liable to be rejected / may not be processed.
- You may opt multiple choice of place for study ( campus ) at BIT Jaipur, BIT Lalpur, BIT Mesra and BIT Noida Campuses, in order of your preference. Please do not make any corrections or add any preference of Campus by hand on the printout of the form, as these will not be saved to the database.
- Please do not print a blank form and fill it by hand as this will not be accepted.
Note : Candidates should proceed to fill the Online Application Form only after they satisfy themselves that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
BIT Mesra MCA 2018 Admit Cards
Admit cards will be issued to all eligible candidates whose properly completed application forms have been received within the stipulated time at the office of the Dean, Admissions & Academic Coordination, BIT Mesra, Ranchi. Candidates will be allotted a Test Center, date and time slot for the Test, as above. The Institute will try to allot the Test Center and date as per candidates’ preference as far as possible. However, the Institute reserves the right to shift candidates to an alternative Test Center / date, based on the number of candidates for a given Test Center / Test Center capacity.
The candidates should download their admit cards from the Institute website on or after May, 2018. If a candidate is unable to download the admit card, candidates may contact the Admissions Office at BIT Mesra, Ranchi by telephone or fax. The admit card is not transferable to any other person. Impersonation is a punishable offence under law. No applicant will be allowed to appear for the Test without a valid admit card. The admit card will be required to be produced at the time of admission also. Therefore, all candidates are required to preserve the admit card until the admission process is complete. At the end of the online test, the score obtained by the candidates will be flashed on the computer screen.
The invigilators will note the same on scribble pad and issue the same to the candidate and retain a copy for the Institute. Candidates should visit our Institute website http://www.bitmesra.ac.in periodically for any updates or any other matter related to the Online Entrance Test.
- The Institute reserves the right not to conduct the Test at a particular Center, if the number of candidates for that Center is less than a certain minimum.
- Once a Test Center is allotted to a candidate, it will not be changed under any circumstances.
To know more about BIT Mesra MCA Application Form Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA 2018 Selection Procedure
- The provisional selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in MCA 2018 Online Entrance Test conducted by the Institute.
- Candidates called for the verification of documents will be offered admission subject to fulfillment of the eligibility conditions.
- The waitlisted candidates may be called for verification of documents and admission against the vacant seats, if any, in successive rounds, as required. The same will be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
To know more about BIT Mesra MCA Selection Procedure Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA 2018 Syllabus
The MCA 2018 Online Entrance Test shall comprise of 120 questions to be answered in 2 hours. Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices out of which only one is correct. A candidate must select only the correct answer to score full marks. For each correct answer a candidate will earn 4 marks. For every incorrect answer one mark will be deducted. If a question has not been attempted no credit will be given.The questions will be distributed into various areas as follows and the detailed syllabus is given below
|S.No||Subject||No of Questions|
|2||Analytical ability & Logical Reasoning||20|
To know more about BIT Mesra MCA Syllabus Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA Results 2018
Birla Institute of Technology Mesra MCA Results will be declared on June, 2018.
Please keep watching this page, to check your BIT Mesra MCA Results 2018…
To know more about BIT Mesra MCA Results Click Here
BIT Mesra MCA 2018 Important Dates
|1||Filling of online form commences from||March, 2018|
|2||Last date for submission of online application||April, 2018|
|3||Last date for receipt of printout of electronically filled application form along with required enclosures at BIT Mesra, Ranchi||May, 2018|
|4||Admit card release date||May, 2018|
|5||Date for online Entrance Test||3rd June, 2018|
|6||Declaration of 1st Provisional Selection List along with complete merit list on the Institute website / Notice Boards||June, 2018|
|7||Classes will commence from the Campuses||Last week of July, 2018|
Dean Admissions & Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215,
Telephone No : PBX: 0651-2275444 / 896 / 2276496,
Fax no : 0651- 2275401, 2276007,
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org,
Website : www.bitmesra.ac.in.