|Home||Application Form||Selection Procedure||Syllabus||Results||Counselling|
Birla Institute of Technology – BIT Mesra MCA Entrance Exam 2021
Birla Institute of Technology invites application for Master in Computer Applications ( MCA ) program for the academic year of 2021 – 2022.
BIT Mesra MCA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must have passed in Mathematics / Computer Science / Information Practices as one of the subject in Class 12 / Equivalent Examination.
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India / AIU. This degree must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling [ Class 12 or equivalent ] ( 10+2+3 system ).
- Candidates must have one of following qualifications
- Bachelor of Computer Applications, or
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics, or
- B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at graduate level.
- Candidates with foreign diplomas should see the EdCIL website for equivalence ( http://www.edcil.co.in ), and if required should obtain an equivalence certificate from the evaluation division of the AIU ( website http://www.aiuweb.org ).
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equivalent marks would be based on the procedure prescribed by the Board / University. In case a University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
- At any level of the studies [ class X, class XII or graduation ], a candidate / applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board / University.
BIT Mesra MCA 2021 Reservations of Seats
The number of seats to be offered in 2021 for the MCA programme at various Campuses is as given below
|S.No||Campus||Seats to be offered|
Currently the Institute follows reservations as given below for its MCA programme
- For all programmes at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota are as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programmes the reservation criteria for SC & ST are as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. ( SC – 15% & ST – 7.5% )
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability ( 3% ).
- Upto 1 seat at all Campuses is reserved for candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- Upto 6% of the seats at its Off Campuses are reserved for candidates who are sons and daughters of serving employees of BIT, who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- At all Campuses 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who have passed / are appearing for qualifying examination ( graduation ) from the state in which Campus is located. ( The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose will be determined on the basis of location of his / her College where (s) / he has passed / is appearing for the qualifying examination / graduation ). [ In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group ].