Calicut University MCA Entrance Exam 2017
University of Calicut invites application for entrance examination for admission to Master of Computer Applications ( MCA ) in the following self financing University Centres for the academic year 2017 – 2018.
|S.No||Name / Location of CCSIT Centres||No.of Seats|
|1||Calicut University Campus||30|
|2||Dr. John Matthai Centre, Aranattukara ( Thrissur )||30|
|3||Kuttippuram ( Malappuram )||35|
|4||Manjeri ( Malappuram )||30|
|6||Muttil ( Wayanad )||30|
|8||Puthukkad ( Thrissur )||30|
|9||Pullut ( Thrissur )||30|
|10||Thalikkulam ( Thrissur )||30|
|11||Thiroor ( Thrissur Dist. )||30|
|12||Vatakara ( Kzhikode )||30|
University of Calicut 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate should have passed any bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern of education with Computer science / Computer application / Mathematics / Statistics / Engineering and Technology as one of the main or subsidiary subjects with at least 50 % or equivalent CGPA aggregate.
- A relaxation of 5% mark shall be given to SEBC and PH candidates.
- SC / ST candidates need to get only a pass in the qualifying examination.
To know more about Eligibility Criteria Click Here
University of Calicut 2017 Exam Pattern
University of Calicut MCA Entrance Examination will be of 2 hours duration and will have 100 objective type questions of 1 mark each from the disciplines as noted below.
- Computer Science – 30%
- Mathematics – 30%
- Statistics – 10%
- Physics – 10%
- Chemistry – 10%
- Reasoning – 10%
Applicants should invariably bring the hall ticket while appearing for the examination. The Question Booklet issued to candidates should be returned along with the Answer Sheet to the Invigilator on completion of the Examination.
Calicut University 2017 Reservation of Seats
Reservation to SC / ST / OBC / OEC / BPL and all other eligible communities will be made as per rules.
Quota for Physically Handicapped :
Seats can be created for persons with disabilities and sports quota over and above the sanctioned strength for accomodating them in the already reserved seats for these categories, within the statutory limit and without interchangeability. If the statutory limit and the sanctioned strength are the same, additional seats can be created above the statutory limit exclusively for these categories without interchangeability. Admissions to the seats reserved for persons with disabilities and sports quota have to be made by observing the eligibility criteria and rules prevailing in the University. ‘Person with disability’ means a person suffering from not less than 40% of any disability as certified by a medical authority. Generally, candidates who have a minimum of 40% disability alone will be eligible to apply for this quota. A disability certificate from the District Medical Board obtained within 12 months from the date of submission of application and a certificate obtained from a Medical Officer not below the rank of Assistant Surgeon to the effect that the candidate is fit enough to undergo the M.C.A. Course are to be produced at the time of counselling.
Quota for OBC :
Candidates claiming OBC reservation should produce both Income Certificate and Community Certificate obtained from the Village Officer / Tehsildar at the time of counselling. Only non – creamy layer candidates will be considered for this quota.
Quota for SC / ST :
For claiming reservation under SC / ST quota, candidates should produce the Community Certificate issued by the Tehsildar in original at the time of counselling. Lakshadweep candidates should produce Nativity Certificate issued by Lakshadweep administration.
The seats not availed under this category will go to non creamy layer OEC candidates
Quota for BPL Forward Castes :
BPL candidates who belong to communities, which do not have any communal reservation, are eligible for this quota. Community Certificate from Revenue authorities and BPL certificate from the Local Self Government Institution should be produced at the time of counselling for availing the reservation under this category.
Calicut University 2017 Application Form
- Calicut University Application fee of 500/- ( SC / ST 170/ ) shall be remitted to Calicut University Fund by e-payment ( SBT online / SBT e-chalan / Friends /Akshaya e-chalan ). Please click the link “fee remittance” in the Admission Website ( www.cuonline.ac.in ) or the link “Instant Web Payment System” in the Official Website of the University ( www.universityofcalicut.info ) for remitting fee. Choose the purpose “Application and entrance examination fee for MCA Admission 2017” while processing the challan.
- Apply Online from 02nd May, 2017 to 22nd May, 2017 through the website www.cuonline.ac.in. Click on the link “MCA Entrance 2017”. Enter challan number and Pass word and go ahead for completing the registration process.
- The candidates shall send a print out of the application and the e-chalan receipt; ( SC / ST candidates shall also attach a copy of the community cerificate along with the application ) on or before 24th May, 2017 to
The Chief Co-ordinator,
Calicut University Campus,
University of Calicut,
P.O. Calicut University – 673635
( Candidates need not attach any other documents or photocopies along with the print out of the application). The documents to prove qualifications, community etc shall be prdoduced at the time of Counselling.
- The online registration ID Number should be mentioned by the candidate in all future communications. Please note that online registration ID Number is mandatory for downloading hall tickets for entrance examination.
- Those who are awaiting the results of the qualifying examination can also apply.
- The Chief Co-Ordinator, CCSIT Centre, Calicut University Campus is authorized to conduct Entrance Examination and admission as per rules and allot students to the Centres
To know more about Application Form Click Here
Calicut University MCA 2017 Hall Ticket
- Applicants can download their hall ticket from the website www.cuonline.ac.in / www.universityofcalicut.info using their online registration number atleast 5 days before the date of entrance examination.
- Applicants should invariably bring the hall ticket while appearing for the examination
University of Calicut MCA 2017 Results
University of Calicut MCA Entrance Exam Results likely to declared in the month of July, 2017.
To know more about Results Click Here
University of Calicut MCA 2017 Rank List and Counselling
Rank list will be prepared on the basis of total marks secured by the candidates in the entrance examination and will be published in the websites www.cuonline.ac.in / www.universityofcalicut.info. No direct intimation will be sent to individuals for the counselling / admission. Candidates are advised to update themselves with the University websites ( www.cuonline.ac.in / www.universityofcalicut.info ) and the University press release in the leading dailies for the latest information. Allotment of seats on each category will be purely based on the rank secured by the candidates. The candidates, who secure a higher rank, will be given priority to select the Centre of their preference.
The candidates should bring the following documents while appearing for Counselling.
- Hall ticket of the Entrance Examination
- SSLC or any equivalent school certificate to prove date of birth.
- Transfer and Conduct Certificate.
- Original Mark lists of all parts, Provisional Degree / Degree Certificate and Equivalency Certificate ( in the case of candidates from Universities outside Kerala ) of the Qualifying Exam with photocopies of the same.
- Income Certificate / Community Certificate / Non-Creamy layer Certificate / Nativity Certificate / Disability Certificate as applicable for claiming reservation.
- Any other document mentioned in the Notification / Prospectus.
- Two Passport size photographs.
An authorized representative can appear for the counselling on behalf of those candidates who cannot appear in person under inevitable circumstances. The representative should bring an authorization letter while appearing for the counselling.
Calicut University MCA 2017 Important Dates
|1||Calicut University Online Application start from||02nd May, 2017|
|2||Last date of Application Form||22nd May, 2017|
|3||Last date for application Form receipt||24th May, 2017|
|4||Date of Entrance Exam||10th June, 2017 ( tentative)
Time : 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
University of Calicut,
Calicut University PO,
Thenipalam – 673635,
Telephone No : 0494-2407152 / 2407017 / 2407016
Website : www.cuonline.ac.in / www.universityofcalicut.info.