CENTAC MCA CET Entrance Exam 2018
Pondicherry Engineering College is an Institution promoted and fully funded by the Government of Puducherry. Which is offers Master in Computer Application ( MCA ) program on the basis of Common Entrance Test ( CET ) to be conducted by the Centralised Admission Committee ( CENTAC MCA ) every year.
CENTAC MCA CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
As a pre – requisite to admission to MCA program, candidates must have appeared in CENTAC MCA CET 2018. However, mere appearance in MCA CET 2018 will not automatically qualify a candidate for admission to MCA program and the candidate should fulfill the necessary admission requirements prescribed by appropriate authorities.
The common entrance test for MCA course ( CET 2018 ), conducted by the CENTAC MCA, is common for admission to first year MCA, as well as lateral entry MCA. The students have the option to choose either to get admitted to the first year MCA or in the II year of MCA course under lateral entry scheme ( provided they are eligible for lateral entry ), based on the marks scored by them in the said Common Entrance Test.
Minimum Academic Qualification for MCA CET
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Applications / Computer Science/Information Technology or Bachelor’s degree in Commerce / Corporate Secretary – ship / Economics/ Business Administration with Mathematics / Business Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications as one of the subjects (or) Bachelor’s Degree in Science with Mathematics / Statistics as one of the subjects with a minimum of 50% marks ( 45% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category )
Lateral Entry to II Year MCA
Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in B.C.A., B.Sc. ( Information Technology / Computer Science ) with Mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at graduate level shall be eligible for admission to lateral entry to second year M.C.A.
Candidates who have passed qualifying examinations and who are awaiting results can apply. However, all candidates shall have to produce proof of passing the examination for selection at the time of counseling.
CENTAC MCA CET 2018 Age Limit
- There is No Age Limit prescribed for admission to MCA program.
- A Candidate seeking admission through CENTAC MCA should be an Indian National. However, French Nationals residing in the Puducherry UT and covered by the terms of the Treaty of Cession shall be treated on par with Indian Nationals for the purpose of admission.
CENTAC MCA CET 2018 Reservation Seats
- Reservation will be followed as per Government of UT of Puducherry orders in force from time to time.
Puducherry UT Candidates
Reservation in admission to various courses for the candidates of U.T. of Puducherry belonging to different categories are given below. Further, SC / BT / EBC / MBC / BCM / OBC candidates are also eligible for selection under Open competition / General category in addition to the reservations made to them.
- Candidates claiming admission under this category should belong to a caste which is recognized as Scheduled Caste under“the Constitution ( Pondicherry ) Scheduled Castes Order1964” dated 05.03.1964, read with “The Constitution Scheduled Caste) orders ( Second Amendment ) Act 2002 ( Central Act 61 of 2002 ) and should enclose the required certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue & Disaster management, Puducherry, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildars.
- Candidates claiming admission under these categories should enclose the recent EBC/BCM/BT certificate issued by an Officer of the Department of Revenue and Disaster Management, not below the rank of Deputy Tahsildar.
- Candidates claiming admission under this category should be Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighters and they should enclose the necessary certificate issued by the Officer-in- charge, Freedom Fighters Cell, Government of Puducherry.
- Those who are registered as Ex-servicemen in the Department of Sainik Welfare (DSW), Government of Puducherry and have got an Ex-servicemen / Widow of Ex-servicemen identity card from DSW should enclose the necessary certificate issued by the Director, DSW, Puducherry.
- The Candidates seeking admission under this category should produce a full size photograph exhibiting the deformity.
|S.No||Category||No Of Seats|
|8||Children / Grand Children of Freedom Fighter ( FF )||8|
|9||Physically Handicapped ( PH )||10|
|10||Wards of Ex-Serviceman ( EX )||6|
|11||Candidates who are meritorious in sports||2|
CENTAC MCA CET 2018 Exam Pattern
Written test with objective type (multiple choices) questions in the specific subject will be of one hour duration. A minimum of 50% (15 marks) is must for considering the candidate for admission. However, in case of SC/ST candidates, a minimum of 40% (12 marks) is must for considering the candidate for admission.
To Know more about CENTAC 2018 MCA Entrance Exam Click Here
CENTAC MCA CET 2018 Application Form
Application must only be filled in online through the website www.centacpuducherry.in. Application forms CANNOT be submitted offline / printed copy by post. Mere registration does not entitle a candidate for allotment of seat. He / She must fulfill the conditions of eligibility prescribed for the concerned Courses.
The online application for admission along with information Bulletin 2018 – 2019 may be downloaded for ready reference from CENTAC website. Candidate should ensure that all information entered during the online registration process is correct. Information provided by candidates like name of candidate, contact address, category, educational qualification, date of birth etc during online submission of application form will be treated as correct and CENTAC will not entertain, under any circumstances, any request for change.
CENTAC does not edit / modify / alter any information entered by the candidates at the time of online submission of application form. But CENTAC reserves the right to update inadvertent errors in marks etc entered by the Candidates based on the records made available to CENTAC.
CENTAC may reopen the ONLINE application, depending upon necessity. Fresh Applications will be received whenever there is lowering of Cut Off Marks or when there is lack of sufficient number of Candidates or for any other reason.
- The Application Fee for SC / ST is 500/-
- The Application Fee for Others 1000/-
Mode Of Payment
- Payment should be made Online through Net Banking / Debit Card preferably.
- Alternate mode of payment : Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “The Coordinator, CENTAC” payable at Puducherry ( Only for Group I, IV, V & VI Courses only )
- Address for Communication : Send the Demand Draft by post to the following address on or before last date of submission of application to “The Coordinator, CENTAC, Pondicherry Engineering College, Puducherry – 605 014. The Candidates should write their Name and online registration number on the back side of the demand draft
CENTAC Hall Tickets 2018
Shortly after the receipt of the application that is complete in all respects, the Hall Ticket for Entrance Examination along with Register Number will be dispatched to the candidates. The Hall Ticket must be produced at the time of the Entrance Examination for verification. No candidate shall be permitted to write the Entrance Examination without the valid Hall Ticket. PG Entrance Examination Hall Ticket must be preserved even after the Entrance Examination and it should be presented at the time of counselling for admission.
CENTAC Selection Procedure 2018
- Selection is based on the aggregate of marks obtained in the qualifying examinations.
- Tie, if any, will be resolved by considering the aggregate marks / CGPA, in the qualifying examinations.
- For candidates with engineering degree, aggregate marks / CGPA of the qualifying examination, from 3rd to 8th semester will be considered.
- For all other candidates, aggregate marks / CGPA in Part – III of the qualifying examination, will be considered.
Method Of Selection
Candidates shall be required to be present on the specified date for a written test at their own expenses. The students will be ranked based on total marks scored by them in the categories mentioned below
- OGPA in Bachelor’s degree programme – 60% ( Weightage of marks )
- Entrance – 30% ( Weightage of marks )
- Excellence in co – curricular activities – 5% ( Weightage of marks )
- Awards/Medals obtained – 3% ( Weightage of marks )
- Service – 2% ( Weightage of marks )
The admission is based on the merit category of the candidates and availability of vacancies at the time of counseling. All admissions made are provisional and subject to the approval of the University
To Know more about CENTAC 2018 Application Form Click Here
CENTAC MCA CET 2018 Results
CENTAC MCA CET 2018 Exam Date
Centralised Admission Committee MCA Common Entrance Test ( CENTAC ) 2018 will be conducted on July, 2018
CENTAC MCA CET 2018 Result Date
Centralised Admission Committee MCA Common Entrance Test ( CENTAC ) 2018 is likely to be declared in the month of July, 2018
To Know more about CENTAC 2018 MCA Results Click Here
CENTAC 2018 Counselling for Admission
The CENTAC 2018 Admission is based on the merit, category of the candidates, and availability of vacancies at the time of counselling. All admissions made by CENTAC-PG are provisional and subject to the approval of Pondicherry University.
CENTAC 2018 Counselling Date & Time
Candidates shall be called for counselling as per their merit. Candidates to be called for counselling shall be intimated through call letters or a public notification in newspapers and in the Pondicherry Engineering College website www.pec.edu. No change of date / time of counselling is allowed. CENTAC-PG will not be responsible for postal delay, if any, and non – delivery of counselling intimation whatever reason thereto.
Candidates who do not attend the counselling in the specified date and time have to forego the claim for admission. However, due to unforeseen circumstances and unavoidable reasons, if a candidate is unable to attend the counselling on the indicated date and time, he / she can attend on a subsequent date and time during the counselling period with prior permission of The Convenor, CENTAC-PG. But, the candidate can only opt for the seat available at that time and cannot claim any seat as per his / her original rank. In any case, counselling will not be done in the absence of candidates.
Unfilled seats and vacancies arising out of the dropouts of already admitted candidates will be filled up during the subsequent counsellings. Details of such vacancies will be notified on the notice board and will also be made available in the Pondicherry Engineering College website www.pec.edu updated periodically. Individual intimation will not be sent to candidates for the Counselling for seats arising due to vacancies.
No communication shall be sent to candidates who are not eligible to be called for counselling and no further correspondence in this regard shall be entertained.
Verification of Original Certificates
Candidates called for counselling shall be required to submit all the documents in original for verification at the time of counselling. Candidates, who fail to produce the required documents in original, shall not be counselled. However, if a candidate has deposited the original certificates to an institution where he / she has already been admitted, a letter to that effect issued by the Head of the institution should be produced. Only in that case, attested / true copy of certificates will be accepted for verification.
The original documents submitted by the candidates to be admitted, shall be returned only after obtaining recognition from the respective Universities and hence the candidates are advised to take enough number of photocopies of the documents before submitting the originals for verification during CENTAC Counselling 2018.
CENTAC 2018 Counselling Fees
A CENTAC 2018 Counseling Fee of 1000/- ( 500/- for SC / ST ) will be collected from each candidate.
Candidates will forfeit the counseling fee of 1000/- ( 500/- for SC / ST candidates ) only on selection of seat. The counseling fee should be in the form of ‘Demand Draft’ drawn in favour of “The Convenor, CENTAC-PG”, payable at Puducherry. Payment by cheques, postal orders, money orders and Cash will not be accepted. No candidate will be allowed to attend the counseling without the prescribed counseling fee.
To Know More about CENTAC 2018 MCA Counselling Click Here
To Know More about CENTAC MCA Question Bank Click Here
Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC)
Government of Puducherry
Pondicherry Engineering College Campus
Puducherry – 605 014 Phone/Fax:0413-2655571